• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Wii U Discussion Thread

Pokemon Power

Bit of a technical question, if I purchase a 64GB USB drive and format it to support my Wii U, will it use only 32GB like the XBOX 360 or the whole 64GB?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Bit of a technical question, if I purchase a 64GB USB drive and format it to support my Wii U, will it use only 32GB like the XBOX 360 or the whole 64GB?

It will use the whole thing, the Wii U doesn't use a filesystem that's 300 years old.

Pokemon Power

I wonder if we'll ever get a new Mario Golf on Wii U. I hope the mediocre reception of Mario Tennis Ultra Smash's lack of certain features doesn't effect it.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Nintendo "Back-to-School" press release.

$40 Wii U game + amiibo bundles are coming on September 7th. These include Yoshi's Woolly World with either Pink or Light Blue Yarn Yoshi, Mario Party 10 with either Peach or Bowser, and Captain Toad with Toad.

Wind Waker HD, Nintendo Land, and Lego City Undercover are coming as Nintendo Selects on August 26th. Trailer.

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

Anybody know if are any new first-party Wii U games other than Paper Mario Color Splash and Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild on the way?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I wonder if the Wii U will continue to have new games when the NX comes out.

You really have to wonder that? It barely continues to get new games now.

Normally I'd say Translated RPGs.. but the Only RPGS on the system that I'm aware of already has made to the US and Europe.

I think some Virtual console games may appear for while, and also indies who are "late" to the Party. I think Yooka-Laylee may end up being the last "big" game on the Wii U, as I don't think we have a date beyond 2017.

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
I wonder if the Wii U will continue to have new games when the NX comes out.

Probably not. If you were expecting more from the Wii U, I'm sorry there's not much coming out for it anymore. The Wii U will very likely be dropped shortly after NX comes out much like how N64 and Gamecube dropped support shortly after their successors came out.

The original Wii however is still getting a little bit of support left.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
The Wii was also far, far more popular a console.

I think Only the DS and PS2 out did in sales.. It doesn't help that the PS2's Last game shared the name with a a PS4 Launch Era title, Fifa 2014.

We're going to get Wii game as a Launch Title on the NX.. Just Dance 2017.

Both games could just get a slap of paint to work with things happening over the year and be fine.. Seriously.. These games come out like clockwork.

I'm actually worred about Just Dance 2018.. It may be Wii and NX, but not Wii U!