• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Wii U Discussion Thread

R_N

I think Reggie said that some of these aren't real games and they're just stuff so they could show off the WiiU

And there were several little demos out on the show floor, like a drawing game and such. But none of those were listed on the e3 site, unlike NSMBM

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Not sure if this has been asked but how much does this thing weigh?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Just curious. The controller does have a screen so weight might be an issue.

Well the controller is like a tablet, so I imagine it to be not much heavier than any other tablet. So unless those things have a weight issue, then probably not.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Just curious. The controller does have a screen so weight might be an issue.

It's 2011 not the 1980s, big bulky tech are a thing of the past. Beside the Ipad has a screen and that thing is pretty light.

BCVM22

As best as anyone knows, no, the touch screen does not have multi-touch capabilities.

Chris

Old Coot
Bolded being the sales victor and lowest tech of the bunch.

Consoles:

NES - Sega Master System
SNES - Sega Genesis - Neo Geo - Turbografx-16
N64 - Playstation - Atari Jaguar - Sega Saturn - 3DO -Amiga CD32
PS2 - Xbox - GCN
Wii - PS3 - 360

Handhelds:

Gameboy - Sega GameGear - Atari Lynx - TurboExpress
Gameboy Color - Neo Geo Pocket - Sega Nomad
Gameboy Advance - Nokia N-Gage/QD - Neo Geo Pocket Color
Nintendo DS - Sony PSP
Uh, want to point out that Sega Genesis came out as competition for the NES. Not the SNES. Also, you forgot to include the Dreamcast in that list of consoles.

The Sega Nomad can't even be included as it's not really a portable system of its own. It's just a portable Genesis player. Also worth noting that the NeoGeo Pocket Color is weaker than the GBA.

And there were several little demos out on the show floor, like a drawing game and such. But none of those were listed on the e3 site, unlike NSMBM
Uh, NSMBM was not listed as a WiiU game. It was a tech demo. Just like every Nintendo game on the floor for the WiiU.

woot21

super noob
Can we please talk more about how Nintendo is doomed because a console that is 5 years old saw its sale figures fall some more? Can we please keep this like a Smash Bros. thread with pointless speculation on something we know next to nothing about and won't be getting any new information about for around 6 months?

woot21 out dawgs

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Some new info is right here. I seen on My Nintendo News that Nintendo is going to make the Wii U's app store full blown with stuff. That is stuff like more than just virtual console , Wii Ware , Wii U Ware games , and possible channels. It sounds to me that it is going to be like Apple's App Store from what I heard about MLB TV being one of them so called type of Wii U apps. Though we know why that they included the MLB TV on their new consoles app store. That is Nintendo is owner of the Seattle Mariners baseball team.

Besides the point , There has though been some leaks for the new Smash Bros game floating around 4chan recently. Though I guess I'd better stop there on that since Smash Bros Threads are banned until probably E3 next year or when we can act civilized on that topic.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think it's stupid, they are making it. They should keep the wii, and just give the wii u special features for the games

BCVM22

That's an ill-conceived outlook. I believe they should never make new hardware again, ever, and just keep adding add-ons to faded consoles.

No more posts like this, please. Bad enough that people thought that was a well-formed belief when they were saying it about the 3DS.

Torpoleon

So the only games that are announced are pikmin 3 and a SSBM sequel?
Pikmin 3 and a new Smash Bros. title, yes. There are also a handful of other titles though too that were talked about earlier in this thread as well.

sceptile33

I really doubt the Wii U's power as a console will be as behind the 720/PS4 as the Wii was to the 360/PS3, so third parties will have an easier time providing it with multiplatform games, something the Wii was really missing out on. Even if it doesn't attract as many casuals as the Wii did, it will still do fine in sales.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Besides the point , There has though been some leaks for the new Smash Bros game floating around 4chan recently.

Proof or you're bullshitting.