• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Wii U Discussion Thread

paulfalcon

^ It's human nature. When there is something coming about of which no one has much knowledge about, they ultimately assume it's a failed cause.

As for me, I'll see how my wallet fairs at that point in time. I hope to have a decent job around that time. Gotta love the "confidence".

woot21

super noob
Wow, that was...totally unnecessary. The discussion was actually tame, too.
It wouldn't have stayed that way.
^ It's human nature. When there is something coming about of which no one has much knowledge about, they ultimately assume it's a failed cause.
Then why is the Sonic Cycle the complete opposite?

And why do we have this tread, we know the name of the console, there is a new SSB game for it, it has a tablet controller, and that it should release in mid to late 2012. That's it. Oh, and there is an app store for it. How much discussion can there be that isn't speculation? I'm just saying we should hold off on this kind of thread until we get some more concrete information on it.

woot21 out dawgs

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Then why is the Sonic Cycle the complete opposite?

Because Sonic Fans are little more then ghastly reflections of humanity, and thus have everything backwards (said the person who was basically posting every other post at some points in the sonic generations thread)

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Yeah, Metroid 64 was easily the best in the series. So underrated.

They skipped out on one console. That's better than most other Nintendo IP's, and it had at two games on both the Gamecube and the Wii, which is better than most other Nintendo IP's.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
They skipped out on one console. That's better than most other Nintendo IP's, and it had at two games on both the Gamecube and the Wii, which is better than most other Nintendo IP's.

Like Nintendo cares about the Metroid series given how they couldn't be bothered to celebrate its 25th anniversary.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Like Nintendo cares about the Metroid series given how they couldn't be bothered to celebrate its 25th anniversary.

It still has had better treatment, then say, Star Fox or F-Zero. Or Kid Icarus. Or any other IP without the name Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon.

R_N

It still has had better treatment, then say, Star Fox or F-Zero. Or Kid Icarus. Or any other IP without the name Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon.

F-zero has a fair enough point but Star Fox had games on everything but the GBA & Wii. Meanwhile Kid Icarus is making up for lost time in spades what with:
-New high profile game
-Card game!
-3 animes
-PROBABLY MORE THINGS

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Yeah , There are actually going to make up for IP's that haven't been no games. Like them getting a new Pikmin game for the Wii U also probably coming out next year. Though this is the same amount of time for the F-Zero series. I mean that it would make exactually 8 years since Pikmin 2 came out for the GameCube in 2004. But hey , I do thing that they should at least a 3DS entry for the F-Zero series since that there needs to be a new entire in the series. Though the MOTHER series needs a new entry even worse since that it has been since MOTHER 3 on the GBA while it has been since Earthbound (MOTHER 2) on the SNES for us outside of Japan.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Meanwhile Kid Icarus is making up for lost time in spades what with:
-New high profile game
-Card game!
-3 animes
-PROBABLY MORE THINGS

Well, what do you expect when they mysteriously revive a series after 20 years? Them to act like it's another Mario or Zelda game?

ParaChomp

be your own guru
If you're a boom in your Super Smash Bros. debut, your series will be revived.

R_N

Well, what do you expect when they mysteriously revive a series after 20 years? Them to act like it's another Mario or Zelda game?

Well you made it sound like they didn't care about it at all. Despite them recently reviving it and trying really really hard to franchising it.
A better example would probably be something like Ice Climbers.

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Well you made it sound like they didn't care about it at all. Despite them recently reviving it and trying really really hard to franchising it.

Well, obviously they didn't know what to do with it, if they kept it as a dead francise for close to 20 years. This is probably the first time where anyone revives a francise after that length of time. How else would you tote it? With a regular game release? This is probably the best way they could do it.

A better example would probably be something like Ice Climbers.

True. But Kid Icarus is still a good example.

R_N

Well, obviously they didn't know what to do with it, if they kept it as a dead francise for close to 20 years. This is probably the first time where anyone revives a francise after that length of time. How else would you tote it? With a regular game release? This is probably the best way they could do it.
If you want to get technical it's been dead for 9/10 years
Kid Icarus had a GB sequel in 91/92
585772_46679.jpg

But I see what you're saying

Last edited: