• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Wii U Discussion Thread

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

Gelatino95

Not a tool

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
I know that, but I'm pretty sure it's not sold in stores.

Really? What tipped you off, the fact that it's called a FAN translation?

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Ok , I think that they are making the Wii U into something like a home console type of iPad. That is because I read on My Nintendo News that Nintendo is seeking out to put stuff like eBooks , Digital Magazines , and pretty much any type of those iOS games onto to the Wii U through probably that App Store type of electronic shop that Nintendo is working on for the Wii U. I do though now think that Nintendo has went crazy to make this system compete with Smartphone gaming rather than Sony and Microsoft now. But hey , That's just for them to compete with the bunch instead of them ending up like SEGA. I though wouldn't doubt it that we might see games like Angry Birds , Plants vs Zombies , and a improved version of Scribblenauts for the Wii U if they are going to get iOS games for their Wii U eStore.

BCVM22

Seeking to do obvious things like integrate common media into your console does not at all make it a "home console iPad" nor does it mean you're trying to compete with the tablet/smartphone market, something you're not going to try and do with technology that can't even be taken out of your home. You're saying this solely because the system has a controller with a large touchscreen.

And finally, by god, the day we stop comparing any company's current situation to Sega - because there are absolutely no parallels to be made - will be a joyous day indeed.

Thriller

Its almost time
I love how, despite it being 2 years, everyone forgets we're in a new decade.

Look at the current fashions: Cobalt Blues, Teals, Stripy, Pinks, even MELON GREEN, all these colors are hued up and stuff as well. When did clothes like THAT get in style? This is the proof we are, indeed, in a new decade, and I f'ing love it! :)

Aaaannnyywayyyyyy....

So what, Facebook, etc. will be usable on the Wii U Touchscreen? Quite predictable, this is where the world is going you know? And besides, at times like this you're GLAD you have an iPhone to take these awesome memories (i.e. the aforementioned current fashions, and today I saw a BEAUTIFUL sunset sky on the ferry, man do I wish I had a smartphone!) *Dammit Thriller, stop going off topic!.*

Aaaannnyywayyyyyy....

*Finally reads this page*

Oh! I see what this is about now! This must be a feature of the iPad (or a variation) that I wasn't aware of, I don't really give a dang about the iPad. Well, like I said, go for it! The New Tens has been really shaping up to be a great decade!

BCVM22

...or you could be just a touch less random in your posts. Either way.

With that said, yes, electronic distribution of magazines to e-readers and iOS/Android devices is common these days. It's very convenient.

paulfalcon

Good idea or not, if Nintendo makes money off these services, more power to them. Hm, playing Plants Vs. Zombies on that tablet looks fun. XD

Thriller

Its almost time
Good idea or not, if Nintendo makes money off these services, more power to them. Hm, playing Plants Vs. Zombies on that tablet looks fun. XD

Of course Nintendo will make money off of it, thats the thing about Nintendo. No matter what they come up with, it's gonna be golden.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Scribblenauts would be a great example of a game that would work perfectly on the Wii U. I mean that you can still be playing the game while using the Wii U controller as Maxwell's Notebook. I'd guess that it won't be impossible since that 5th Cell has made the other two games in the Scribblenaut series with the exception of Remix which was one the iOS operating systems like iPad , iPhone , and iPod Touch.

But hey , It wouldn't be impossible that we would get official info for the system when Nintendo Summit 2012 comes around. I mean that it can still be possible since we heard info about Galaxy 2 at the Summit in 2010. Though the price and release would be definitely be announced at E3 this year. I hope that the Wii U won't be 599 US Dollars since we don't want a repeat of Sony's E3 2006 presentation.

Axle_Magnum

Though the price and release would be definitely be announced at E3 this year. I hope that the Wii U won't be 599 US Dollars since we don't want a repeat of Sony's E3 2006 presentation.

Last time I heard, it's going to be around $300 or $350, but don't quote me on it.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
That was just that I was bringing back how one of the most infamous moments from Sony's E3 2006 conference with that them saying the PS3's retail price being 599 US Dollars. Though it would be till E3 in June that Nintendo would announce the release date and retail price for the Wii U.

But hey , Saw that Reggie is going to be on Spike this Tuesday to talk about the Wii U. Probably might be something along the lines like what to expect from the Wii U when it gets released probably sometime later this year. That seems more than likely since everything will be revealed come E3 for the Wii U. Though I also heard that the Wii U probably wouldn't be upstaged by the PS4 or XBOX 720 at E3.