• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Wii U Discussion Thread

Jb

Tsun in the streets
... Except then they're not virtual console titles, and they have to be completely redesigned.
Which is why I said fair enough. Either way, GC controllers already existed for GC titles. So neither would really have to be done.

You can't just throw button assignments around, it does still need to make sense. The SNES for example, try playing a SNES game with a Wiimote + Nunchuk, good luck using the DPad, face buttons and then shoulder buttons comfortably. It just doesn't work.
Perhaps, but most SNES games had simple controls to where a lot of games would make it work. TBH, I only remember fighting games using the full button layout. It's been a while.

woot21

super noob
Perhaps, but most SNES games had simple controls to where a lot of games would make it work. TBH, I only remember fighting games using the full button layout. It's been a while.
Try playing SMW or any other SNES platformer with the Wiimote + Nunchuck. It wouldn't work, unless you made the spin jump shaking the Nunchuck. You need to be able to use one hand for the the pad, and one and for jumping, running, etc. Don't say use the control stick either, it doesn't feel as natural or comfortable, for a 2D platformer.

woot21 out dawgs

BCVM22

There are a few games on the Wii U that require Wii motes, but they do not function with with wii mote pluses apparently. Its very weird

And you're still wrong - as we've stated, there are games that explicitly require MotionPlus functionality. What are you up to here?

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
Im saying these games are in dissaray in what controllers they support and what they dont according to this article.

And of course the Wii mote plus works in general we cant play skyward sword in the Wii channel without out it and those nintendoland games but I find it weird that some of the games support general wii motes and not the pluses, which I find to be very weird so I came here to tell y'all.

BCVM22

It doesn't because they didn't design it to. It's as simple as that and that has absolutely nothing to do with anything "being in disarray" or whatever it was you were just going on about.

woot21

super noob

BCVM22

Im saying a lot of poor folks will be confused to die kingdom come, tha'ts what I was "going on about" mate.

You're not really saying much of anything, as long as we're being honest. Especially since every game box is marked with icons of which controllers it uses, as has been the case since the Wii was released, meaning any confusion - what tiny amount there is - can be alleviated simply by looking at the game box.

"Mate."

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Wait, we are now talking about the Pro controller? I thought you were complaining about the Wiimote Plus not working with the Wii U. Are you changing the subject now?

woot21 out dawgs

I think he's saying some games may not recognize Wiimotion Plus controllers. I know that the Homebrew channel on the Wii doesn't, for one.

But then he branched off into opinionsville and all that crap.

BCVM22

I think he's saying some games may not recognize Wiimotion Plus controllers.

And whether a game does or doesn't is stated as such on the back of the box, with "Wii Remote Plus" next to the Remote icon, for the record.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
Wait, we are now talking about the Pro controller? I thought you were complaining about the Wiimote Plus not working with the Wii U. Are you changing the subject now?

woot21 out dawgs

My point has always been that this could lead to the average consumer getting in a tissy fit over this controller business.

Oh whats this classy piece of tech

SkinWiiU.png

Last edited:

BCVM22

My point has always been that this could lead to the average consumer getting in a tissy fit over this controller business.

Which we've established several times is a complete non-issue. You may in fact be the only person anywhere getting in a "tissy fit" [sic] over it.

Tell me that thing isn't a bad photoshop.

It's not a "piece of tech" or a Photoshop, bad or otherwise. It's a third-party skin for the Wii U - not an actual Wii U with that color scheme and design. No doubt put out by one of these companies that caters to people who absolutely need their hardware covered in gold leaf or lightning bolts or fractal patterns or what have you and are willing to pay a premium for it.

Clamps

SkinWiiU.png

That's not classy. That's not classy at all.

ParaChomp

be your own guru

SkinWiiU.png
A Wii U. Anyone have some tape and spray paint for this man so he can make his new system look retro?

Clamps

Make sure not to use glossy paint. I ruined an SNES controller with that recently.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Make sure not to use glossy paint. I ruined an SNES controller with that recently.
What? I'm too busy to be worried about the screen.

Also, take that back, old men CAN be classy. Though I will admit, I've never been a fan of skins. Speaking of sticking things on and screens, 2nd try; screen protector worked this time!