• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Wii U Discussion Thread

BCVM22

Would this have anything to do with digital sales or rising costs of anything?

Neither. The answer is best summarized thusly:

However with big release games, they're more likely to get in a much larger extra shipment.

New Super Luigi U is downloadable given a very limited run as a physical release. Pokémon Conquest was a niche title, in as much as anything with a genuine Pokémon affiliation can be niche. Such supply shortages don't affect the much bigger name releases, is all.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Neither. The answer is best summarized thusly:

New Super Luigi U is downloadable given a very limited run as a physical release. Pokémon Conquest was a niche title, in as much as anything with a genuine Pokémon affiliation can be niche. Such supply shortages don't affect the much bigger name releases, is all.

That's not entirely true, either. The Gamestop I usually go to had like 3 physical retail copies of both Pikmin 3 and Animal Crossing: New Leaf the first day. The Pikmin 3 stuff sold out in 20 minutes, while the New Leaf stuff probably sold out in an hour. I dunno about you, but 3 copies for a game on release date for either one of those doesn't seem right

grovyle1997

So I went to GameStop today to get New Super Luigi U and they ran out. The clerk said with any Nintendo stuff recently that they only get as many shipments for about as many preorders they receive. For example, they received 28 preorders for Mario & Luigi Dream Team so they only got 30 copies on release day.

This was surprising for me so I immediately preordered and paid for Pokémon X and Y in full(and got the awesome poster haha). So my question is, have any of you encountered something like this? I was always used to there always being a bunch of copies of anything near me but I guess they're changing things up now. Would this have anything to do with digital sales or rising costs of anything? Or is this most likely me just being clueless and this is how it has been for a while?

It happened to me with Fire Emblem: Awakening. I went to the shop and they only had one copy left and behind me was someone who also wanted that game. I was very lucky.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It happened to me with Fire Emblem: Awakening. I went to the shop and they only had one copy left and behind me was someone who also wanted that game. I was very lucky.

That had other circumstances surrounding it's limited stock.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master

NSLU I can understand, but the clerk said Nintendo has been doing it with any games, including what Eternal Darkness said about Pikmin 3 and Animal Crossing. Or by big release did you mean only the huge games like Mario, Pokémon, Donkey Kong, Super Smash Bros, etc?

Last edited:

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
That had other circumstances surrounding it's limited stock.

Yeah, like nearly 80% of all copies going to Gamestops in Brazil. And the other 20% getting released early. In Canada.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Which? The Brazilian part or the Canadian part?

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
I think the we pretty much got a Wii U ambassador program with those 30 cent sales. Maybe they'll do something else as thanks, but most likely not

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
We'll see. Nintendo has been doing their best to make their adopters happy of late, so I wouldn't say an ambassador program is outside the bounds of reality.

$50 isn't so far off from $70, as probably is the euro equivalent. But we'll see.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
We'll see. Nintendo has been doing their best to make their adopters happy of late, so I wouldn't say an ambassador program is outside the bounds of reality.

$50 isn't so far off from $70, as probably is the euro equivalent. But we'll see.

The 3DS had an $80 cut, which is a price reduction of 32%. The Wii U's $50 price drop is only 14%. That's a huge difference.

For those still wondering about an Ambassador Program: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/08/29/nintendo-america-says-no-ambassador-program-for-wii-u

Last edited:

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
I wish I had money for Pokémon Rumble U, it looks pretty fun. Unfortunately my wallet is currently busy with school, Pokémon X and Y, and W101.

Anybody purchase it? What do you think of it? I haven't played past versions of it either

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I wish I had money for Pokémon Rumble U, it looks pretty fun. Unfortunately my wallet is currently busy with school, Pokémon X and Y, and W101.

Anybody purchase it? What do you think of it? I haven't played past versions of it either

I'm enjoying it so far, though I'm charging through the early levels with the help of the password-unlocked Pokemon, which are vastly overpowered for the early levels.

PokemonOwn

Ah well. Speaking of the Wii U, I just did a speedrun of one of Rayman Legend's Demo levels (Toad's Story Invaded) in 20:98. Check out my channel if you want to see it (Shameless plug No. 1)

How is Rumble U by the way, is it better than the WiiWare or 3DS Versions of Rumble, or not?