• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Hey guys, I'm looking for TM 12 - Taunt. I've read that it is in Lysandre Cafe but when I head in there are only 2 NPCs one says something about a suit.

Any tips? Thanks.

There is an area accessible there later where you will receive it.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
What level does chesnaught learn Spiky Shield? I thought it was 36 but it never learned it

Also where is the move relearned I need it for my delphox

Chesnaught learns Spiky Shield at level 36.

As for the move relearner, it's at Dendemille Town.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Snorlax is in 139 of the Central Pokedex
Milktank is 126 of the Coastal Dex

So you sure you have Coastal? If so idk

@Vakturion -In their secret base in the nap room

OOOOHHH. Okay. I'm not far enough in the game to have the Coastal Dex...I only have the Central one. I didn't realize that there were two. Thanks a bunch! Sorry I don't know the answer to your question :(

Edit: Now I understand what that funny star symbol next to all the Pokemons' number is....everything makes so much more sense now.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
OOOOHHH. Okay. I'm not far enough in the game to have the Coastal Dex...I only have the Central one. I didn't realize that there were two. Thanks a bunch! Sorry I don't know the answer to your question :(

There are actually three different PokeDex categories, so if it happens again you'll know why.

roy_vos

Pkmn researcher
OMG did you all know Micheal Jackson is in the Cyclone Cafe in Lumiose city.

Find the cafe and look for the boy in the back

Zerothedarklord

Trading pokemon on the GTS, I found a couple Haunters earlier and I kept putting them up for trade so I could get a Gengar, and I kept hoping I could get one with a good nature from someone. However I noticed that each time I traded one off, the one I got back had the same nature. I did this 4 times in total. Also, each time I put a Haunter up, it was gone about instantly. So did they make it so "evolve on trade" pokemon are instantly returned to you, and then evolve? Or was it purely a coincidence that they went instantly, and the ones I received had the same natures? I'm really worried because after almost 2 hours of breeding, I finally got a nature I'm happy with and don't want to lose it when I try to trade to evolve haunter into gengar. Anyone know anything?

ovidkid

can't seem to find the mega stone in cyllage gym can anyone be a bit more specific

spyroflame0487

Kind of a big deal
So, I'm trying to find Rotom in the Lost Hotel. I know that it appears in "Shaking spots" which I'm assuming is the Trash Cans. However, I haven't seen the cans move since the first time I went in there. At that point, the one I checked, i got an item from. so......will the cans ever shake again? Do I have to do something else? I just beat the 7th Gym Leader so I've gotten that far...but I can't figure out where the heck Rotom is.

I'm desperate to find one too since Rotom is my favorite Pokemon lol.

iKarlCPFC

Can someone explain how the PokeRadar works please.

ebevan91

Any non flying pokemon that could perhaps can learn fly?

6th gen Pokemon or any Pokemon?

According to the AttackDex on Serebii, Mew, Vibrava, Flygon, Latias, Latios, Giratina, Arceus, Golurk, Hydreigon, Volcorona, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, and Genesect are the only non-flying types that can learn fly. And most of those aren't even available yet :/

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Any non flying pokemon that could perhaps can learn fly?

In the new Kalos Pokémon, only Talonflame's line, Hawlucha (I'm not too sure) and Yveltal can learn Fly...

Last edited: