• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

DKN117

Legend Tamer
*Grumble grumble* Copy-paste from back on Page 96:

I rotate my Pokemon between my team and a PC box labeled "Combatants", so I need to know this: If you don't play Pokemon-Amie with your Pokemon for a while, say by having it in the PC for a while, do its Mon-Amie stats - particularly the Affection one, the one that (as far as I understand) grants you battle bonuses - decrease (and thus take away said bonuses)? Or, like Friendship/Happiness, does it stay put (say, put a Pokemon with Affection Level 3 in the box for a while, take it out later, it's still at AL3)?

...Come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure: does Friendship/Happiness decrease if your Pokemon's left in a box? If so, I need to get my Budew back into my party.

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
*Grumble grumble* Copy-paste from back on Page 96:

I rotate my Pokemon between my team and a PC box labeled "Combatants", so I need to know this: If you don't play Pokemon-Amie with your Pokemon for a while, say by having it in the PC for a while, do its Mon-Amie stats - particularly the Affection one, the one that (as far as I understand) grants you battle bonuses - decrease (and thus take away said bonuses)? Or, like Friendship/Happiness, does it stay put (say, put a Pokemon with Affection Level 3 in the box for a while, take it out later, it's still at AL3)?

...Come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure: does Friendship/Happiness decrease if your Pokemon's left in a box? If so, I need to get my Budew back into my party.
i think it resets when you put it in your party

djja

Water/grass leader
Beat about 10 Trainers in the Battle Maison.
Fight Serena at the north of Kiloude City.
Talk to Sycamore at the sundial in Anistar City,.
thanks, I'll do that

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Hey guys. how do you unlock the events at Geosenge Town. I saw the Team Flare go up to that Artifact in the North west that is off by itself but when I went to it all it would say is that its ancient artifact and the team flare guy was no where around. Is there something I am suppose to do?

DKN117

Legend Tamer
By "Resets", do you mean "goes back down to 0"? ...And every time I want the bonuses of high Affection (bigger EXP gain, higher Evasion and Crit ratio, etc.) I have to spend around an hour getting the Pokemon's Affection rating back up again? ...F*ck.

A simple question for when I get there… Which is more common in the wild: Abra or Ralts? I'm planning on catching some for Synchronizing natures later. Or is there anything with Synchronize that's more common?

Blazios

Hey guys. how do you unlock the events at Geosenge Town. I saw the Team Flare go up to that Artifact in the North west that is off by itself but when I went to it all it would say is that its ancient artifact and the team flare guy was no where around. Is there something I am suppose to do?

You can't do anything there, just move on.

By "Resets", do you mean "goes back down to 0"? ...And every time I want the bonuses of high Affection (bigger EXP gain, higher Evasion and Crit ratio, etc.) I have to spend around an hour getting the Pokemon's Affection rating back up again? ...F*ck.

It doesn't reset from the PC, I can confirm it personally.

Unredemption

A simple question for when I get there… Which is more common in the wild: Abra or Ralts? I'm planning on catching some for Synchronizing natures later. Or is there anything with Synchronize that's more common?

Abras weren't that hard to find in one of the earlier routes (can't remember, Route 6 maybe). Haven't run into a Ralts - didn't go actively looking for any.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
So, yeah, common question I guess, but... when 'should' I evolve Doublade? Can I learn it all the moves it would have learned, even if I evolve it as soon as it can? Or should I wait? I want a Strong Aegislash, but I'm really bad at this. :p (which is why I rarely use Stone Pokémon).

Thanks~

Rapzz

How can I get Shiny Stone on route 12? I can't seem to find it.

Any help is appreciated.

Posciman

Hey quick question,

How do i find my own friendscode?

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Hey quick question,

How do i find my own friendscode?

If you look on the main menu of hte 3ds you see a Smiley face Icon on the top. Click on that. if you have done that before then you will see a "Card" with your Mii on it. That will have your friend code on it (on the top screen). If you haven't touched the icon before then it will take you through the process of getting a friend code.

Unredemption

So, yeah, common question I guess, but... when 'should' I evolve Doublade? Can I learn it all the moves it would have learned, even if I evolve it as soon as it can? Or should I wait? I want a Strong Aegislash, but I'm really bad at this. :p (which is why I rarely use Stone Pokémon).

Thanks~

That depends on whether you want Iron Head and Sacred Sword. Iron Head is a pretty solid Steel STAB, so I recommend getting Doublade up to L45 at least. Iron Head is also not available via Heart Scales for Aegislash, so that's one more reason to keep it as Doublade until it learns Iron Head. Aegislash can learn Sacred Sword through Heart Scale, so I wouldn't be too worried about that.

Source: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/aegislash.3489704/

DKN117

Legend Tamer
It doesn't reset from the PC, I can confirm it personally.

I just wanna make absolutely sure we understand each other. Do you mean that: if I get a Pokemon's Mon-Amie Affection score up (halfway, all the way, anyway), and then that Pokemon's put in the box for a while, or even just carried around in the party without being Mon-Amie'd for a while, its Affection score (and the resulting battle bonuses) will not decrease/go away?

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
That depends on whether you want Iron Head and Sacred Sword. Iron Head is a pretty solid Steel STAB, so I recommend getting Doublade up to L45 at least. Iron Head is also not available via Heart Scales for Aegislash, so that's one more reason to keep it as Doublade until it learns Iron Head. Aegislash can learn Sacred Sword through Heart Scale, so I wouldn't be too worried about that.

Source: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/aegislash.3489704/

Iron Head, you say? Is that a good move for him, then? Great, thank you kindly. ^^ Glad I don't have to worry about Secred Sword.

Thank you. Just hope I can even find that Dusk Stone, wherever I read it was.

Shraeder

It's Lit
How do you get into the clothing store in Lumiose City? It's called Boutique Couture, and everytime I enter they kick me out...

6th time I've reposted this...yet to even get a reply...

Last Entei

Charizard Master!
If you kill Mewtwo does anybody know if he comes back?

Bla7kCaT

so here's my question, I've added my friends 3ds code, but how do I get to see them as my friends IN GAME? I see my little brother because he's next to me irl and on the same Wifi. but how can I see my friend far away? thanks!