1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official X & Y Help Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Wulava, Oct 10, 2013.

1. tiagotheweiro

tiagotheweiro Member

there are 5 ranks, if u talk to the butler he'll tell u about it

2. Draknir

Draknir Fear the Deer

I tested this last night, actually. Parents were Event Blaziken (Cherish Ball) and Japanese Ditto (Quick Ball). It just gets a regular Poke Ball

I believe you need to know all of the roller skate tricks.

3. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

Each Pokemon that did not participate in battle gains 50% Exp. The Pokemon that defeats the opponent gains 100% Exp. If a Pokemon participated in battle but did not defeat the opponent it gains 150% Exp. The Exp system was reverted to what it was prior to Fifth Gen, all Pokemon gain equal experience regardless of level.

4. I'm in need of some help. Would anybody be willing to trade me a larvitar egg or skrelp egg? I don't have much to offer in return because I'm only up to 2 badges in the Y.

5. TyranatarGojira

TyranatarGojira Well-Known Member

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. Sad to see they reverted back to the old system for Exp gain, it made catching up a heck of a lot easier.

6. FanOfCountry

FanOfCountry Well-Known Member

Lavitar will come later in the game in Terminus Cave and Skrelp can be found on Route 8, Ambrette Town, Cyllage City using a Good Rod which you also receive later in the game so just hang in there. Also I don't think this thread is for that kind of help, don't want to see you get into any trouble for posting in the wrong place by accident.

7. Bundy

Bundy Member

Hi guys, so Serebii has managed to put the breeding groups up on the site but now I am wondering what is the right way to breed?
    (For shinies/specific egg moves/perfect iv's etc.)

Before I used to just cheat the pokemons but now with Pokemon X & Y I'd like to start over and get all my favourite pokemons the legit way.

Anyone know some good links with information for me?

8. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

Bulbapedia probably has the most detailed explanations in one place for all the questions you have: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Breeding

9. .::Escalator::.

.::Escalator::. "GO TEAM BOOBIES!"

After you defeat Xerneas, can you save and soft reset after the fact for Nature and IVs, or are they set since you already technically encountered it?

To rephrase, if I want to SR for a specific nature, should I do so before the cutscene or battle it once, knock it out and battle it again?

10. Kantide

Kantide New Member

So is it confirmed that the chick in Santalune City is the one that tells you pokemon happiness/friendship levels? No matter which Pokémon I talk to her with, she always says we are very connected so this leads me to believe she may not be the one...

11. pwnswitchclik

pwnswitchclik Alakazaminator

Has anyone been getting bugged by saving in Lumiose City?

12. Sillybeans

Sillybeans Well-Known Member

I have to say it before some1 else does ''Cause Gen 6 is there AMIRITE?''

Anyway, i herd passing hidden ability from the male is around 40% but i'm not sure. Breeding Blazekin wasn't to hard.

13. cwertle

cwertle Don't Blink!

Yveltal

Im currently at the part to catch him, I saved right before so I can repeat for good nature/stats as needed, what is a good nature for him? What moves does he get/can learn by TM?

14. justTDUBBit

justTDUBBit Active Member

Two things: Smogon has some good preliminary stat projections for the mega-formes here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/uncharted-territory.249/

Secondly, you only get one mega-evo per battle. The effect is not permanent. If you wanted to, you could keep the M-evo stone on every one of those 4 pokes and decide the best time to use each one.

15. tiagotheweiro

tiagotheweiro Member

I cant seem to find a rainy route to evolve sligoo, help?

16. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Route 14 is the only route I've seen rain at. Try there.

17. alexterri

alexterri Well-Known Member

How do you groom Furfrou in Pokémon-Amie? I wanna get a chance to unlock the grooming options beforer I complete the game.

18. Mays

Mays Well-Known Member

So is the sweet-scent horde method good for shining hunting?

19. Bundy

Bundy Member

So I'm guessing gen 6 doesn't chance anything drastically?

Because I've seen something like the mesuda method mentioned a bunch of times now to get shinies.

Also somehow people are passing perfect iv's through ditto? or friend safari pokes?

20. Bapesta

Bapesta New Member

Does anybody know how to make gooey mulch?