• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Can Anyone tell me how I can get to Ambrosse town? I have tried both cave paths, ones blocked, and the other is a Dead end.

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
the trade is only available post game
but what i meant is you can find wild ralts early

you can check the main page, it tells you where to find every pokemon, including the trade ones

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
How do you get the fossils? We know they're in Glittering Cave, but how exactly do you reach them? There's something about another entrance and/or Strength...

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I just started the game, and I realized that I don't have any PokéPuff to give to my Pokémon.
How can I get more PokéPuffs ?
Also, in the Pokémon-Amie, how can I know when my Pokémon are hungry or want to play with me ?

Is there a moveset list for Helioptile and Floette anywhere?

I have them on my team, and seeing as they're Stone evos, knowing when to evolve them would be really useful. I don't want to evolve them before they have the moves that I want!
Crossposting because I realised it was the wrong thread.

Where is Skrelp found?
And how do I evolve it?
Fish on Route 8, Ambrette Town or Cyllage City. And I think evolution is once it learns Camouflage. I may be wrong on the latter though.

How do you get the fossils? We know they're in Glittering Cave, but how exactly do you reach them? There's something about another entrance and/or Strength...
The Old Amber can be obtained via Rock Smash in Glittering cave. And you get given the fossils by an NPC. You have to encounter him for the plot to progress, so just play through. To get to Glittering cave go to the bottom right of Ambrette town and them use Rhyhorn to go across the stony field.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I just started the game, and I realized that I don't have any PokéPuff to give to my Pokémon.
Also, in the Pokémon-Amie, how can I know when my Pokémon are hungry or want to play with me ?

You get additional treats by playing the mini-game.

The former should have its own stat(right?) and as for the latter I have no idea.

RoySceptile

Bakaner

You play those minigames; think one of them is called 'Catch the Berries'? I'm playing in Spanish.

Crossposting because I realised it was the wrong thread.

Fish on Route 8, Ambrette Town or Cyllage City. And I think evolution is once it learns Camouflage. I may be wrong on the latter though.

Fish? I only have the Old Rod, and get nothing but Luvdisc.
Is it rare?