• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
You're breeding with a Ditto, correct?

No a male hidden ability and a female with Big Pecks

The female has to have Gale Wings. Males can pass hidden abilities only if bred with a Ditto.

LOL of course. I don't get why it's like that but thank you!

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
That is really, really strange. Get another Pokemon off of Wonder Trade and see if it has the pentagon thing, and also check a foreign Pokemon for it before you release it.

The Pokemon that have POKERUS spelled out mean that they are contagious and can spread the virus. After about 2-4 straight days on your team, the POKERUS will turn into a pink smiley face. This means that the Pokemon still gets double EVs, but it can't spread the virus anymore. If a Pokemon is in the PC, it keeps contagious POKERUS indefinitely. So if you have a contagious Pokemon, you need to spread it to Pokemon in the PC and keep them there, because the ones on your team will eventually become immune.

Got another Japanese pokemon of wt-it has one. Should I keep my galvantula, or will it mess my game up.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

CrusherTheFeraligatr

CrusherTheFeraligatr

CrusherTheFeraligatr

We still don't even know what that's truly for. The game can't be hacked yet, so there can't be any hacked Pokemon.

Oh good. The news today kinda freaked me out.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Is there any way to check the stats that are shown during an online battle? Like how many eggs hatched, IV judgements, etc.

Last edited:

DKN117

Legend Tamer
Does anyone have Skarmory in their Friend Safari who'd be willing to exchange codes with me, so I can stop spending THREE F*CKING HOURS biking around in the top 'outdoors' section of Victory Road trying to make one appear and ambush me?

ALTERNATE QUESTION:
Does anyone know any methods to quickly 'trigger' an "aerial ambush" in the top section of Victory Road so I can find and catch a Skarmory?

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Does anyone have Skarmory in their Friend Safari who'd be willing to exchange codes with me, so I can stop spending THREE F*CKING HOURS biking around in the top 'outdoors' section of Victory Road trying to make one appear and ambush me?

ALTERNATE QUESTION:
Does anyone know any methods to quickly 'trigger' an "aerial ambush" in the top section of Victory Road so I can find and catch a Skarmory?

Try the gray part next to the ranger that heals you, I always got ambushed a lot there.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Look for the small circle "shadows" then make sure you walk over them.

dark_kitty091

Is there a list somewhere of what Pokemon you can see in the three cafes? For multiple days I've had the guy say there's no pokemon there I haven't seen, but my pokedex isn't full for any of the regions. Hence why I'm wondering if each has a limited set.
Bumping this. :(

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Bumping this. :(

Yes, there's a limited set for each of the cafe. Otherwise it would be too easy to complete the dex :p

And some of the Pokemon shown aren't even in the Kalos Dex. The ones I can remember are Porygon, Magby, Elekid, the Hitmons, and the Legendary Beasts.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
ok so two parter and sorry if this is in the wrong section
1. what nature best suits a magcargo (yes I am willing to use it in battle) I am thinking modest but I want to get some opinions
2. when it comes to pumkaboo does its size vary even when it is being bred? and by that I mean is its size random for each pumkaboo egg you get?

legendarytrainer123

Happy Holidays!