• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

YonaNoveau

but you can learn them in other games than use pokemon bank when i come out

Right, that's what I though. So, teach them to Blaziken in BW2 and then transfer right? Sorry if this a strange question, but I didn't play BW2 and never used the dream world. But as far as I know, Speed Boost Blaziken could only be obtained as a male (so it couldn't breed Hidden Abilities back then) and with a limited moveset, or am I mistaken?

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
Right, that's what I though. So, teach them to Blaziken in BW2 and then transfer right? Sorry if this a strange question, but I didn't play BW2 and never used the dream world. But as far as I know, Speed Boost Blaziken could only be obtained as a male (so it couldn't breed Hidden Abilities back then) and with a limited moveset, or am I mistaken?

i dont get what you are saying that you cant get one with the speed boost and the moves that would be right

YonaNoveau

i dont get what you are saying that you cant get one with the speed boost and the moves that would be right

Yeah, sorry if I didn't explain mysefl properly. But that precisely: you either choose Blaziken with tutor moves or Blaziken with Speed Boost, but you can't have one with Speed Boost and the moves, from what I understand.

And even if you passed a Blaziken with the moves, Torchic can't learn via breeding neither Thunderpunch nor Knock Off. The first set in the Pokemon of the Day article mentions to use Knock Off as an option, that confused me. I get the Mega Blaziken set can work with one using the moves and having Blaze since Mega Blaziken automatically gets speed boost, though.

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
Yeah, sorry if I didn't explain mysefl properly. But that precisely: you either choose Blaziken with tutor moves or Blaziken with Speed Boost, but you can't have one with Speed Boost and the moves, from what I understand.

And even if you passed a Blaziken with the moves, Torchic can't learn via breeding neither Thunderpunch nor Knock Off. The first set in the Pokemon of the Day article mentions to use Knock Off as an option, that confused me. I get the Mega Blaziken set can work with one using the moves and having Blaze since Mega Blaziken automatically gets speed boost, though.

yes that is right

Anzzi

I have IV and EV trained my Alakazam. In a Wifi battle, I mega evolved Alakazam. The opponent had durant put he could still attack first. How is this possible?

Akashin

I have IV and EV trained my Alakazam. In a Wifi battle, I mega evolved Alakazam. The opponent had durant put he could still attack first. How is this possible?

...He was faster, I suppose would be the obvious answer? Alternatively, if the Durant was faster than Alakazam but slower than Mega Alakazam it'd still go first, because turn order on the turn you Mega Evolve is calculated using the original Pokemon and not the Mega.

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon

just cause it is trained does not mean it we all way move first

DoubleA100

Wow you guys, I just finished the Looker post game missions and I REALLY enjoyed them. Like a lot. It was easily my favorite part of the game, hands down. So I was wondering if you could maybe come back once a day and get a new mission from Emma or something? Or at least battle her? I really hope so because it would be a shame for nothing to come of that enjoyable section of the game.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Wow you guys, I just finished the Looker post game missions and I REALLY enjoyed them. Like a lot. It was easily my favorite part of the game, hands down. So I was wondering if you could maybe come back once a day and get a new mission from Emma or something? Or at least battle her? I really hope so because it would be a shame for nothing to come of that enjoyable section of the game.

You can battle her, though it doesn't seem to be consistently daily. I think it's either on certain days, or during a certain time of day. But she just uses Crobat and Malamar, albeit with a slight boost in levels.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
You can battle her again. Other than that, there isn't anything left involving that little storyline.

kemal07

I'm probably going to get in trouble for this (oops),,, I did post in the correct thread but it wasn't noticed I believe... I really want a Noibat egg for my new journey in Pokemon Y... Is anyone kind enough to trade me one for free : (

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
I'm probably going to get in trouble for this (oops),,, I did post in the correct thread but it wasn't noticed I believe... I really want a Noibat egg for my new journey in Pokemon Y... Is anyone kind enough to trade me one for free : (

sure why not pm me your friend code

Tenilius

Makes can pass down Hidden Abilities when bred with a Ditto, thus you can have HA Torchic with egg moves by breeding until a female HA Torchic hatches for you.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Makes can pass down Hidden Abilities when bred with a Ditto, thus you can have HA Torchic with egg moves by breeding until a female HA Torchic hatches for you.

Yes, but that's not possible on BW/2 carts, meaning Egg moves are incompatible with BW2 tutors on Blaziken, which is what he was referring to.

It's not too much of an issue, though, since the only real Egg move of note on Torchic is Baton Pass, and you're probably not using the coverage moves from the BW2 tutors on a BP set.

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
Yes, but that's not possible on BW/2 carts, meaning Egg moves are incompatible with BW2 tutors on Blaziken, which is what he was referring to.

It's not too much of an issue, though, since the only real Egg move of note on Torchic is Baton Pass, and you're probably not using the coverage moves from the BW2 tutors on a BP set.

yeah true I guess that makes sense to as what I said does

DoubleA100

Thanks for the info. It's really a shame they didn't do more with that storyline :(