• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Bluemiracle

Biologist
Is there a way of getting rid of pokerus faster than waiting up to 4 days?

Also when they say 4 days before midnight, do we only need to have the infected pokemon in the party shortly before every midnight till after OR do we have to carry the infected pokemon in the party 24hours a day?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Is there a way of getting rid of pokerus faster than waiting up to 4 days?

No. It's pretty random how long it'll last; it can last anywhere from a few days to two weeks.

Why would you want to get rid of it, anyway?

Also when they say 4 days before midnight, do we only need to have the infected pokemon in the party shortly before every midnight till after OR do we have to carry the infected pokemon in the party 24hours a day?

It's based on the moment your 3DS system's clock hits midnight.

Bluemiracle

Biologist
No. It's pretty random how long it'll last; it can last anywhere from a few days to two weeks.

Why would you want to get rid of it, anyway?

It's based on the moment your 3DS system's clock hits midnight.

I don't really need it now Super Training exists. Also because it will spread to all the other pokemon in my party

But thanks anyway, for clearing that up :)

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I don't really need it now Super Training exists. Also because it will spread to all the other pokemon in my party

There's literally nothing bad that can happen as a result of Pokerus spreading. Even if you're not EV training using Hordes, there's no benefit to having it end.

Tenilius

But thanks anyway, for clearing that up :)

EV training with Hordes is much, much quicker than Super Training, with 50/60 EVs per horde if you do it correctly.
The only use I've found for Super Training is to punch the default bags for +4s to hit irregular EV spreads & Secret regimens for evo. stones.

jquick07

I have been switching the days back and fourth for the MII Plaza walking points and i noticed that the daily events dont reset after 24 hours in my pokemon x. Is there something i can do to fix this or do I have to start the game over again? Please i need HELP! LOL

DKN117

Legend Tamer
Is there any way for me to know how many times I've used a certain O-Power? I've been using Catching Lv. 2 a bunch in hopes of unlocking Lv. 3, and I'd like to know how many more I have left to go.

Tenilius

I have been switching the days back and fourth for the MII Plaza walking points and i noticed that the daily events dont reset after 24 hours in my pokemon x. Is there something i can do to fix this or do I have to start the game over again? Please i need HELP! LOL

They don't start up again for 3 days.

Puma Italia

Does having a level 91 Pickup Pokemon give you a better chance of finding a Leftovers than a Level 81? or does it not make a difference?

Shiny Budew

Does having a level 91 Pickup Pokemon give you a better chance of finding a Leftovers than a Level 81? or does it not make a difference?
It's listed for both as a 1% chance, so I don't think it makes a difference.

The chance of getting Max Revives goes from 4% to 10%, and instead of there being a 30% chance of Ultra Balls, there's a 30% chance of Revives.

So unless the Max Revives and Revives matter to you, then I wouldn't worry about leveling the Pickup Pokemon to 91.

coolerdynastic

By Lucario x Lucario, I meant JPN Lucario x non-foreign Lucario.

Same species, different OT = chance of getting egg is 69.3% --> JPN Lucario x non-foreign Lucario

Different species, different OT = chance of getting egg is 49.5% --> JPN Lucario x non-foreign Blaziken

According to the General Shiny thread, the rate is 1/682.

The chances of not seeing a shiny after n eggs is: (681/682)^n

So the chances of seeing at least one shiny after n eggs is: 1 - (681/682)^n

Putting in 500 for n, gave a result of ~52%

Putting in 1000 for n, gave a result of ~77%

Okay...means the Game Mechanics thread has misguided me

AlchemistAzure

I need a few suggestions for some pokemon to go into a team I'm putting together for a Battle Challenge. I'm limited to Psychic, Ghost, Bug, and Flying types. (Avatar The Last Airbender Pokemon Challenge). So Far I have Inkay, and Honedge. Will be adding a Togepi as soon as transfer is available. Need 3 other pokemon. Plus also a list of move suggestions for each pokemon. Note, I do not plan to change the 3 I already have picked so work around that please. Thanks

DKN117

Legend Tamer
REPOSTING:

Is there any way for me to know how many times I've used a certain O-Power? I've been using Catching Lv. 2 a bunch in hopes of unlocking Lv. 3, and I'd like to know how many more I have left to go.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
REPOSTING:

There is no way to know how many times you've used an O-Power...sorry. You just have to keep using Level 2 until you get Level 3. It's easier to unlock higher levels if you use the O-Powers on other people, since it takes less energy.

dante0

It says on the TM's page:
"These TMs, like in Black & White, are all usable unlimited times meaning there is only one of each."

Is this for real? Coming from Red/Blue this sounds too fantastic to be true!

coolerdynastic

"These TMs, like in Black & White, are all usable unlimited times meaning there is only one of each."

Yeap...you can have 100 Jolteons learning Thunderbolt without hacking or using a single money to buy the 100 TMs

Shiny Budew

Yes, it's true. It was a much welcomed change.

Trying to get a good Sp Atk Mewtwo and got this:

Mewtwo - #150 (Timid)
HP: 31
Att: 2 - 4
Def: 20 - 21
SpA: 25 - 26
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

Should I keep it or will the SpA screw it over?