• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Can Zygarde, Mewtwo or the bird trio be shiny?

As far as we know on Serebii, they cannot, as people have tried SRing for them and no one has gotten a shiny yet.

BCVM22

So far every indication is that they're shiny locked, but without having the data to sift through it's impossible for us to be 100% sure.

syldra_kunimi22

Dragon Lover
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but can people in Europe get an Elegant Pattern Vivillon? So far I have learned that Japan gets it and possibly default America (Regional Settings) but living in the UK, I cannot get either of these places. Is there anywhere else that gets this pattern?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but can people in Europe get an Elegant Pattern Vivillon? So far I have learned that Japan gets it and possibly default America (Regional Settings) but living in the UK, I cannot get either of these places. Is there anywhere else that gets this pattern?

What pattern Vivillon do you have? I'm trying to collect them and I have a bunch of Elegant and Modern Patterns that I'm looking to get rid of. I'd be willing to give you one in exchange for a different pattern. PM me if you're interested.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
When breeding Vivillion, is the off-spring the same type of Vivillion as the mother? Or is it 100% random like Wurmple's evolutions?

The offspring will be your native pattern, the same as a vivillon you would catch in a friend safari or evolve a scatterbug

golcarjack

Scizor master
If I EV train without pokerus, is it the same as doing at normally but twice as many kills? (If I am EV training the older way)

Say if I EV train in speed by KO'ing pokemon that give out 2 speed EV's (after using 10 carbos and equipping a power anklet) would I need 16 KO's instead of 8? Or if I am doing it with a pokemon that gives out one speed EV, would it be 32 KO's instead of 16?

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
If I EV train without pokerus, is it the same as doing at normally but twice as many kills? (If I am EV training the older way)

Say if I EV train in speed by KO'ing pokemon that give out 2 speed EV's (after using 10 carbos and equipping a power anklet) would I need 16 KO's instead of 8? Or if I am doing it with a pokemon that gives out one speed EV, would it be 32 KO's instead of 16?

pukrus double it so say that so you earn 2 evs with out it with it it would be 4 get it

ND91

Breeding query

I hope this is the right place to post this, sorry if it isn't!

I'm trying to breed myself a mega blaziken like the one suggested in the potw this week. I've dabbled in breeding before but am really struggling and don't even know if what I want is possible with what I currently have!

I now have a male blaziken on my version of Black 2 (migrated from sapphire via diamond), he has Flare Blitz, High Jump Kick, knock-off and something rubbish. His ability is Blaze. His IV's and EV's are nothing special.

On Y I have male and female adamant Blazikens both with speedboost, a blazikenite and I'm playing around with them and some ditto's to try and get decent IV's.

Is there any way to get the moves from my Black 2 blaziken bred across to a blaziken with the nature/ability/IV's I have on Y?

I know I'll have to wait until pokemon bank is released, but once that has happened, is it possible (in theory) to get what I'm after?

Cheers in advance!

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I hope this is the right place to post this, sorry if it isn't!

I'm trying to breed myself a mega blaziken like the one suggested in the potw this week. I've dabbled in breeding before but am really struggling and don't even know if what I want is possible with what I currently have!

I now have a male blaziken on my version of Black 2 (migrated from sapphire via diamond), he has Flare Blitz, High Jump Kick, knock-off and something rubbish. His ability is Blaze. His IV's and EV's are nothing special.

On Y I have male and female adamant Blazikens both with speedboost, a blazikenite and I'm playing around with them and some ditto's to try and get decent IV's.

Is there any way to get the moves from my Black 2 blaziken bred across to a blaziken with the nature/ability/IV's I have on Y?

I know I'll have to wait until pokemon bank is released, but once that has happened, is it possible (in theory) to get what I'm after?

Cheers in advance!

Breed your Speed Boost Blazikens that you have in Y with Ditto or with each other until you get a female Speed Boost Torchic with good IVs. Give that Torchic the Destiny Knot. Then migrate over your male Blaziken from Black 2 when Pokebank comes out, give him an Everstone if you want to pass his nature, and breed him with the female Torchic. Assuming that High Jump Kick, Blaze Kick, and his other moves are Egg Moves in Gen VI, you will get baby Speed Boost Torchics with high IVs and your egg moves and nature from Black 2.

Is that what you wanted to do?

Bluemiracle

Biologist
Is it true that male pokemon this Gen can only pass down abilities (including HA) if bred with a Ditto?

Thanks in advance.

Mi-tan

I'd assume the answer is yes, but I just want to check so I won't be wasting my time - can you get a shiny Lapras from the old guy (or whoever it is) by way of soft resets?

Last edited:

raythe

I had two questions involving the breeding mechanics in x and y.

1.) Say I have a female event smeargle in a cherish ball. Is there a possible method that I could use in order to breed that cherish ball to a different species of pokemon (say another pokemon of the field egg group perhaps) when pokemon bank is released.

2.) If the first question is invalid could it be possible to breed a specified pokeball into a line of pokemon that do not appear naturally in the wild such as starter pokemon.

Thank you for taking time to answer my question.

magentaman

I had two questions involving the breeding mechanics in x and y.

1.) Say I have a female event smeargle in a cherish ball. Is there a possible method that I could use in order to breed that cherish ball to a different species of pokemon (say another pokemon of the field egg group perhaps) when pokemon bank is released.

2.) If the first question is invalid could it be possible to breed a specified pokeball into a line of pokemon that do not appear naturally in the wild such as starter pokemon.

Thank you for taking time to answer my question.

Since only females pass on their pokeball, it can only ever be passed on to the same species.

shadowF

can we have rematches with professor sycamore? also what was the prize he hid in the town after we beat team flare?