• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
I can't find the section of X/Y game of Serebii for which moves that affect the battle ground (i.e certain move that cuts a tree to drop a certain berry behind the opponent)? EDIT: Found it in the Wild Item (should have called it Wild Battlefield Item or whatever) section.

Also, what exactly time (during the time-frame) does Eevee evolve to Espeon/Umbreon in the X/Y game (surprised X/Y section for this particular evolution wasn't updated)?

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Also, what exactly time (during the time-frame) does Eevee evolve to Espeon/Umbreon in the X/Y game (surprised X/Y section for this particular evolution wasn't updated)?

Day is 10:00 AM to 7:59 PM. Night is 8:00 PM to 3:59 AM.

This has been the case since Gen IV.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
playing pokemon x or y?

add me 3153-4841-0420

either you have pokemon x or y, serena will appear in both versions but you need to complete a set of battle maison which is i think 8 consecutive wins then she will appear , she will
be located i think at the topmost portion of the city

You only have to do one battle in the Battle Maison.

AlchemistAzure

So what's this thing about people putting up a Pokemon in return for something like a "Chlorophyll Venusaur" for example? How do they do it?

There is an option to include messages to the other trainers when you are making requests for your trade. So you could probably put into that Chlorophyll plz and hope for the best.

Or alternative, pop over to the trade forum. You can go crazy specific: Pokemon, abilities, natures, IVs, moves. Just remember the crazier your request the crazier the return will be.

thetifftiff

Day is 10:00 AM to 7:59 PM. Night is 8:00 PM to 3:59 AM.

This has been the case since Gen IV.

Technically it hasn't, since Gen V's morning/day/night changes depended on in-game season. Technically that schedule started in Gen II, but Gen III's lack of clock made it skip that completely.

It's also felt like morning has started a little later for me in game recently. I can't tell if that's my imagination or it's because there's some subtle thing going on now that it's December. But I thought it started getting lighter around 4/4:30am but it seems to be closer to 5 now. But... yeah that's probably just my imagination.

Anyway, those hours should be correct, though it should also include morning, which is then 4:00 am to 9:59 am. Morning should get you an espeon, just like day would.

Warrio13

Once you transfer Pokemon from your 5th Generation Game, will they be able to Mega Evolve?

Example: 5th Generation Scizor into Mega Scizor?

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
Once you transfer Pokemon from your 5th Generation Game, will they be able to Mega Evolve?

Example: 5th Generation Scizor into Mega Scizor?

I don't see why not. I haven't seen any evidence that says that they can't. Obviously, only Pokémon with Mega-Evolutions can Mega-Evolve though.

Wartortled

Hey! I have a quick question regarding IV breeding. So, I bred a Fennekin today and was told he had relatively superior potential, and it's greatest was HP, but attack, sp. attack, and speed were good, too. He said they couldn't be beat. Does that mean those are perfect IVs? And that's... a good thing? I'm still trying to figure this IV breeding thing out :p
'

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Hey! I have a quick question regarding IV breeding. So, I bred a Fennekin today and was told he had relatively superior potential, and it's greatest was HP, but attack, sp. attack, and speed were good, too. He said they couldn't be beat. Does that mean those are perfect IVs? And that's... a good thing? I'm still trying to figure this IV breeding thing out :p
'
Yes, that means that the IV in those stats are perfect which is a good thing.

Wartortled

Yes, that means that the IV in those stats are perfect which is a good thing.

Oh, ok! Thanks! And one last thing... is it possible to get a Pokemon with ALL perfect IVs? Or, if not, what is the limit?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Oh, ok! Thanks! And one last thing... is it possible to get a Pokemon with ALL perfect IVs? Or, if not, what is the limit?

Yes, it is possible to get Pokemon with 6 perfect IVs (IVs range from 0-31, and 31 is a "perfect" IV), but this is very difficult to do. A Pokemon with 6 IVs of 31 is called a "flawless" Pokemon.

Wartortled

Yes, it is possible to get Pokemon with 6 perfect IVs (IVs range from 0-31, and 31 is a "perfect" IV), but this is very difficult to do. A Pokemon with 6 IVs of 31 is called a "flawless" Pokemon.

Okay, then! At least it gives me some goals to breed towards, besides shinies.

Thanks for your help!

Acherhar

Holon Cartographer
It is definitely possible to breed a Pokemon with six perfect IVs, and attaching the Destiny Knot item to either of the parents guarantees that at least 5 IVs will be passed down. These five are taken randomly from either of the parents, which means the offspring could get 3 IVs from the male and 2 from the female, or all 5 from one parent, etc., just as long as one of the parents holds the Knot. Also, a parent holding an Everstone guarantees that the offspring will have that parent's nature (Adamant, Modest, etc.). And finally, the female will pass down the Pokeball it was caught in to the offspring, so if your female was caught in a Heal Ball, all the eggs will be in Heal Balls.

ebevan91

Nevermind. They appeared as soon as I posted this lol.

Anyways. Do horde Pokemon always have hidden abilities?

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Are Houndour hordes superultramega rare or what?

I've encoutered about 15 hordes and they've all been Yanma or Nosepass.

for some reason i think yes, just like what you said yanma and nosepass. if i'm nopt mistaken i encounter the houndour hordes twice while playing for more than 12 hours

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Nevermind. They appeared as soon as I posted this lol.

Anyways. Do horde Pokemon always have hidden abilities?

Nope. I don't know percentages or anything, but it took me quite a few encounters (with a shiny Durant mixed into one encounter) to find a Truant Durant.