• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Nevermind. They appeared as soon as I posted this lol.

Anyways. Do horde Pokemon always have hidden abilities?

An easy way to find Pokemon with Hidden Abilities in Hordes is to use Skill Swap on them :)

BrianOnLineID

Does anyone know how to add a passerby to the friends list? Saw this cute girl on the subway twice now and we exchanged o-powers. I think she might be the one.

Nulava

Banned
Is it possible to breed Stealth Rock onto Gible now? (using Tyrunt?)

Sorry, but Gible doesn't get Stealth Rock as an Egg Move.
Not even in the Sixth Generation.

VTUSH

<---Hatched
OK so today i was pokeradar chaining at route 5 and on about chain 8 (gulpin) i encountered Articuno when i was resetting the radar. Even though I had a super repel active. After it fled, the patch of grass did not re-shake so I assumed my chain was broken. Was i correct in this assumption, do encountering the legendary birds during chaining break the chain?

No, legendary birds do not break the chain. You most likely stepped into the wrong patch of grass that you previously stepped in to.

feelingdand

Does anyone know how to add a passerby to the friends list? Saw this cute girl on the subway twice now and we exchanged o-powers. I think she might be the one.

You can move acquaintances to friends list after a battle, so I'm guessing it works for Passerbys as well.
Don't let her be the one that got away XD

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
Whats the min and max number of horde encounter have you experienced before encountering a shiny? I cant seem to find any shiny after lots of horde encounters :(

Also where can i find a magmarizer in pokemon x?

Last edited:

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Whats the min and max number of horde encounter have you experienced before encountering a shiny? I cant seem to find any shiny after lots of horde encounters :(

Also where can i find a magmarizer in pokemon x?

The chance of finding a shiny in the wild is around the 1/4000.
Magmarizer can be bought for 32BP in the Battle Maison.

Acherhar

Holon Cartographer
The chance of finding a shiny in the wild is around the 1/4000.
Magmarizer can be bought for 32BP in the Battle Maison.

The chance of finding a shiny is 1/4096, however since in hordes you meet five pokemon at a time, your chances are improved to about 1/819.

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
The chance of finding a shiny is 1/4096, however since in hordes you meet five pokemon at a time, your chances are improved to about 1/819.

Is that 1/4096 chance in XY confirmed?
How about the chance of finding a shiny in the friend Safari?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Are there any Pokemon that can't be shiny in Pokemon X and Y?

Presumably, every stationary Pokemon in the game. So Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Mewtwo, and the three birds. The stationary Snorlax has been debated as well. Nobody has been able to provide proof that they can be shiny in X/Y, but it's not 100% conclusive. It's a reasonable assumption at this point, though.

DKN117

Legend Tamer
Where can I get a second King's Rock? Considering that there are two King's Rock evolution Pokemon, but there seems to be only one King's Rock in the game...

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Where can I get a second King's Rock? Considering that there are two King's Rock evolution Pokemon, but there seems to be only one King's Rock in the game...

What do I prefer to do is this; bring a Pokémon with the ability Compound Eyes (easy way; catch a Caterpie in the Santalune Forest and make it evolve all the way to Butterfree) and go fish anywhere you can find Poliwhirl. Bring also with you a Pokémon that can learn the move Thief (easy way; this same Butterfree can learn it through TM).

Fish a Poliwhirl with the Compound Eyes Pokémon in front of your party (not knocked out). Then, use Thief on the Poliwhirl. If the Poliwhirl has a King's Rock, it will steal it and you just need to run away from it afterward. There you go; a free King's Rock! Important to note; don't give any item to your Butterfree. Otherwise, even if the opponent has an item, it won't steal it.

Rhianne

IV Breeder

If you just want a Politoed for pokedex purposes, they're catchable on Route 19 with a super rod, and then use your King's Rock for Slowking.