• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Unfortunately, Secret Super Training is the only method for obtaining more of the evolution stones.

me i was disappointed why they had take out the dusk, shiny, and dawn stones from pickup abilities now it makes it more hard to complete the dex

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I just encountered a serious problem here. My game CANNOT SAVE. I am playing X and I've been failing to save my game data, it always ends with what I saved in Kiloude City two days ago. I don't know if anyone has got this problem before I know the Lumiose City bug and it's fixed I wonder if I can do anything to report this or should I just wait.

Strange, first time I've heard of that, maybe report to Pokémon, since this is pretty gamebreaking.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
I just encountered a serious problem here. My game CANNOT SAVE. I am playing X and I've been failing to save my game data, it always ends with what I saved in Kiloude City two days ago. I don't know if anyone has got this problem before I know the Lumiose City bug and it's fixed I wonder if I can do anything to report this or should I just wait.

one implies you might have a broken game file, well if that's the case i think there is only one solution, contact nintendo?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Can I combine Lucky Egg and Exp. All at the same time ?
Now that the Exp. Share isn't an hold item anymore, I was wondering if I could not only activate it so can everyone get some experience points, but can Lucky Egg trigger with Pokémon that aren't battling ?
If I battle with a Pokémon and every members of my team has a Lucky Egg in hands, will they all get the Lucky Egg boost ?

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
but can Lucky Egg trigger with Pokémon that aren't battling ?
If I battle with a Pokémon and every members of my team has a Lucky Egg in hands, will they all get the Lucky Egg boost ?

no lucky egg is only activated with the pokemon you used for battle
provided that your team all had lucky egg, then they will all get lucky egg boost

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Dcollins85

I started playing Pokemon when Red & Blue came out. Went from Yellow to Silver, brother had Gold. Stopped there cause of college. Picked up Y about a week ago and I have been trying to search online and I just don't understand this Nature thing... From what I read online you don't want a Nature that increases and decreases the same stat... I don't understand why you would want to increase your attack but lower your defense. Are lvl 100 Pokemon battles faught to get 1 shot kills or something? You're going to get hit eventually and that decrease doesn't seem worth it. I get you can decrease other stats like Speed or something, depends on what you want to do with your Pokemon. Why isn't a stat that lowers and raises the same stat good? Wouldn't that mean you have a balanced Pokemon rather than one with a raised and lowered stat. I'm very confused of this... Sorry for the multiple questions.

Thefourelements

Is there any way to guarantee a HA to be passed down from Parent to off spring, or is it still fifty-fifty chance it could happen?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I started playing Pokemon when Red & Blue came out. Went from Yellow to Silver, brother had Gold. Stopped there cause of college. Picked up Y about a week ago and I have been trying to search online and I just don't understand this Nature thing... From what I read online you don't want a Nature that increases and decreases the same stat... I don't understand why you would want to increase your attack but lower your defense. Are lvl 100 Pokemon battles faught to get 1 shot kills or something? You're going to get hit eventually and that decrease doesn't seem worth it. I get you can decrease other stats like Speed or something, depends on what you want to do with your Pokemon. Why isn't a stat that lowers and raises the same stat good? Wouldn't that mean you have a balanced Pokemon rather than one with a raised and lowered stat. I'm very confused of this... Sorry for the multiple questions.

Many Pokemon don't use both of their attacking stats; hence, most people will run the Nature that drops the attacking stat they're not using.

A Pokemon such as Machamp can afford to cut its Special Attack, because it should never, ever be using it.

Is there any way to guarantee a HA to be passed down from Parent to off spring, or is it still fifty-fifty chance it could happen?

There is no way to guarantee it.

Arceus500

Which is easier to hatch eggs with:
The Hatching Trick(Lumiose City) or
cycling in front of route 7 for a MM?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod

It depends on how you like to hatch eggs, and it comes down to personal preference. If you like to get 5 eggs and hatch them right away, I find Route 7 is simpler to go through, since it doesn't take long to hatch 5 eggs anyway. If you like collecting a lot of eggs and then hatching them all at once, Lumiose City tends to be better since you can just go in one direction until they hatch, without having to go back and collect more eggs.

Unredemption

For me it depends on what kind of eggs you're hatching. If you hatch eggs with low egg cycles, sticking to Route 7 is probably better since they'll start hatching before you can fill your team with eggs anyway. If you're hatching things like Dratini, on the other hand, it might be more useful to collect 5 eggs then proceed to Prism Tower.

thc funkay

Hey everyone. I thought I had and understanding please help.
I have been breeding 3 iv cubone with everstone and adamant nature and a 5 iv ditto with destiny knot I am under the impression I can breed and get 5 iv cubones but im 3 boxes in with nothing but 2 iv and 3 iv adamant cubones how do I fix this? Or am I having poor luck. Thank you please pm me if you could.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Hey everyone. I thought I had and understanding please help.
I have been breeding 3 iv cubone with everstone and adamant nature and a 5 iv ditto with destiny knot I am under the impression I can breed and get 5 iv cubones but im 3 boxes in with nothing but 2 iv and 3 iv adamant cubones how do I fix this? Or am I having poor luck. Thank you please pm me if you could.

Well, between the two Pokemon, you have 12 IVs, 8 of which are 31s, and the Destiny Knot passes down only 5 of those 12 IVs between the two parents. So on average you would get 3-4 of the flawless IVs passed down (5/12 is 41%, so each IV has a 41% chance of being "chosen". 41% of 8 is 3.33). What you need to do is switch out your baby Cubones with more 31 IVs than the current parent into the Daycare as you get them. Eventually you'll work your way up to 5 IVs. It will also help if you attach a Power Item corresponding to one of the 31 IVs that the Cubone has instead of the Everstone. Of course, you'll lose your good nature, but you'll get better IVs faster.