• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Thefourelements

If i have my game set to another language, but am in the US. would the Vivillon still be the same as the other us ones are or would it be different?

TheEliteEmpoleon

If i have my game set to another language, but am in the US. would the Vivillon still be the same as the other us ones are or would it be different?

It depends on the location you have for your 3ds, not the language of your game.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

Vivillon's pattern is determined by the location you have set on your 3DS when you start your save file. The language you play the game in is irrelevant.

jubigan

In-Game Master
Guys, I need help! I am in the room of Frost Cavern where you can Get Stone Edge, but I can't figure out how to slide on the ice in order to reach it. If someone could explain it to me, I would be very grateful. PM me the answer if you can, thanks!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Guys, I need help! I am in the room of Frost Cavern where you can Get Stone Edge, but I can't figure out how to slide on the ice in order to reach it. If someone could explain it to me, I would be very grateful. PM me the answer if you can, thanks!

The TM71 isn't actually in the cavern; it's on the outside. Go to the west from the Dendemille anchor, Surf on the river, use Waterfall to descend, and Surf east.

jubigan

In-Game Master
The TM71 isn't actually in the cavern; it's on the outside. Go to the west from the Dendemille anchor, Surf on the river, use Waterfall to descend, and Surf east.

Thanks!, but then...what is the TM in the room I was in?

jubigan

In-Game Master
I guess, I'm not quite sure...Don't rightfully have money for the guide yet...seeing as it's the holidays.

Quils

Strange Creature
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but can you get a Dark Gem (and by extension, all Gems) in these games? If so, where? I don't see their location on the main site, but the ItemDex says that you can obtain them...

EDIT:
as far as I know you can not get them
Well... that sucks. Thanks for answering!
So... is there any other item that is consumed once I attack?

Last edited:

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but can you get a Dark Gem (and by extension, all Gems) in these games? If so, where? I don't see their location on the main site, but the ItemDex says that you can obtain them...

as far as I know you can not get them

Regiultima

Rises with Magnetism

EDIT:

Well... that sucks. Thanks for answering!
So... is there any other item that is consumed once I attack?

Normal Gem is available in Terminus Cave, but the others are not.

Ajduk

With the bank coming out soon, I have an important question.
Unless there is major server downtime when the bank gets released, something that is highly possible,
and if the community here decides to help me, will completing the national pokedex by the end of this
year be possible?
I wonder because there are 3 Kalos legendary pokemon that will be event only and no one has them.
Can I complete the national pokedex without them?

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Unless there is major server downtime when the bank gets released, something that is highly possible,
and if the community here decides to help me, will completing the national pokedex by the end of this
year be possible?
I wonder because there are 3 Kalos legendary pokemon that will be event only and no one has them.

the answer is yes since the 3 kalos legendary event pokemon were not yet truly confirmed to be part of the National Dex.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
year be possible?

It depends on what you mean. Technically speaking, your Pokedex will not be complete, but event legendaries have never been required to registered in a Pokedex in order to receive the diploma/certificate/whathaveyou, meaning you can still get in-game recognition without having them registered.

So, yes, completing the National Pokedex by the end of the year is, for all intents and purposes, possible.

JoeTheSwap

Newbie Collector
Hello everyone, here's a question.

I have a newly hatched Growlithe. I want him to have Flare Blitz and Extremespeed. I notice that he needs to still be Growlithe to learn Flare Blitz at level 45, but learns Extremespeed only as Arcanine at level 34. So if I were to level him up to 45 for Flare Blitz, then evolve him, would he be able to learn Extremespeed via Move Relearner? Or do I have to breed another one with Flare Blitz as an egg move to get Extremespeed via Level Up?

alejandrawr

I have a newly hatched Growlithe. I want him to have Flare Blitz and Extremespeed. I notice that he needs to still be Growlithe to learn Flare Blitz at level 45, but learns Extremespeed only as Arcanine at level 34. So if I were to level him up to 45 for Flare Blitz, then evolve him, would he be able to learn Extremespeed via Move Relearner? Or do I have to breed another one with Flare Blitz as an egg move to get Extremespeed via Level Up?

The move relearner method will work.

Unredemption

As far as I know it should work, similar to how legendaries learn moves that they "forgot" before the level they were found at.

coolerdynastic

Question : Are they any guides out there of which pokemon nature they should have? I dont know which nature should i get for my magneton and so are the rest.

Well you can go to Smogon, they have tons of advice for your pokemon.
Magneton should likely run in modest nature or timid.Should it has analytic ability,it would be nice if it has nature that reduces speed to maximise its offensive potential.

Just wondering about the move Defog, it is said it removes hazards but does it removes the hazards on my pokemon's side or opponent's side?

Unredemption

Question : Are they any guides out there of which pokemon nature they should have? I dont know which nature should i get for my magneton and so are the rest.

I'd refer you to Smogon (especially for competitive battling), they have good analyses on most Pokemon.

General rule of thumb (at least for in-game play): Does the Pokemon need the stat or use it often? If it does, then your nature should boost it or at least not decrease it. If it doesn't, it's alright to have a nature that decreases the stat. E.g. Magneton is a special attacker that needs Special Attack but doesn't need Attack, so a Modest nature would be good.

If you're lazy to go nature-hunting, then for in-game play it usually doesn't matter so much. For example, I was satisfied with my Charizard having a Rash nature since he needed the Special Attack.