• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Really ? Was there an official announcement ? o:

No, we've had access to the information for a while due to the GTS and PGL as well as the hacking work that was done.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
No, we've had access to the information for a while due to the GTS and PGL as well as the hacking work that was done.

Oh, thanks so clearing, then! :)

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury
Question. I just got the pokeradar and have been trying to chain but I've run into a problem. I can use the radar, but when I use it, the bottom screen doesn't show up with a counter. I can't seem to figure out why I can't check how many I've chained

Unredemption

Question. I just got the pokeradar and have been trying to chain but I've run into a problem. I can use the radar, but when I use it, the bottom screen doesn't show up with a counter. I can't seem to figure out why I can't check how many I've chained

There's no longer a counter like in Gen IV, you gotta count manually now. I suggest using the PP of your Pokemon's moves, it's what I usually do.

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury
Are you kidding. Wtf that sucks. And thanks for the help

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
.....as far as I can remember, the counter in Gen IV was available through the Poketch app. No Poketch = no counter, that should have been obvious :p

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury
It's been a long time since I've chained. I forgot about the poketech

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Do we know let from the Japanese Pokemon Transporter that Serebii is using to start his coverage if Pokemon with HMS can be transfered or do have we take those off like in the past

Shindouz

Pokemon Breeder
Question : When i evolve my gligar to gliscor will it get poison heal 100%? or there is a chance with hyper cutter & sand veil?

Question 2 : If my magnemite has a sassy nature & sturdy ability and then i breed it with a ditto will both of the nature & ability stay the same? Still new to breeding & smogon doesnt have the full list.
(Can someone elaborate more regarding question 2, Someone has already answered it but I dont get it sorry.)

Question 3: Poison heal activates when my pkm is in poison condition or the opponent pkm?

Nulava

Banned
Question : When i evolve my gligar to gliscor will it get poison heal 100%? or there is a chance with hyper cutter & sand veil?

No, Gligar has to have its Hidden Ability Immunity in order for it to get Poison Heal as a Gliscor.

Question 2 : If my magnemite has a sassy nature & sturdy ability and then i breed it with a ditto will both of the nature & ability stay the same? Still new to breeding & smogon doesnt have the full list.
(Can someone elaborate more regarding question 2, Someone has already answered it but I dont get it sorry.)

No, Nature & Ability will vary.
If you give one of your Pokemon an Everstone, the nature will be passed down.
Hidden Ability will be passed down if your Pokemon is female, or if your breeding a male with a Ditto.

Question 3: Poison heal activates when my pkm is in poison condition or the opponent pkm?

Poison Heal activates when your Pokemon is Poison.

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
Say, I want to breed a Cottonee which has Memento, Encore and Switcheroo, all Egg Moves from different parents. How do you even do that?

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Not exactly x and y related but its close. I am trying to get onto E-shop to put money into get ready for Pokebank. But its keeping getting various error messages. Is this all just from Pokebank being released in Japan?

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
Not exactly x and y related but its close. I am trying to get onto E-shop to put money into get ready for Pokebank. But its keeping getting various error messages. Is this all just from Pokebank being released in Japan?

no people buying stuff should not crash your e shop

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
Okay I'm trying to breed a shiny Eevee, the first egg wasn't shiny and I think I read somewhere that the first egg is always the same, can someone clarify this for me? I'm going to do the soft reset method(sr after hatching 5 eggs)

DKN117

Legend Tamer
There's something I want clarified about Pokemon Bank and Transporter. The main site mentions something about "only Box 1 can be transferred from Gen.-V games". Does this mean that, say, I would have to boot up my White2, move everything out of my in-game PC's Box 1 that I don't want transferred and put everything I DO want transferred into Box 1, and then transfer? Or are they referring to the Pokemon Bank's 'Box 1', and I can just pick and choose different mons from different White2 boxes to extract one by one and place into Bank Box 1?