• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Okay I'm trying to breed a shiny Eevee, the first egg wasn't shiny and I think I read somewhere that the first egg is always the same, can someone clarify this for me? I'm going to do the soft reset method(sr after hatching 5 eggs)

The first Egg will always be the same, yes.

Say, I want to breed a Cottonee which has Memento, Encore and Switcheroo, all Egg Moves from different parents. How do you even do that?

Female Pokemon can now pass down Egg moves this generation; breed a female Cottonee with a male Clefairy/Togetic/Plusle/Minun with Encore, get a female offspring, breed that with a male Hoppip line member with Memento, get a female offspring, then breed that with a male Cacnea line member with Switcheroo (which can be obtained by breeding a female Cacnea line member with a male Hypno with the move).

There's something I want clarified about Pokemon Bank and Transporter. The main site mentions something about "only Box 1 can be transferred from Gen.-V games". Does this mean that, say, I would have to boot up my White2, move everything out of my in-game PC's Box 1 that I don't want transferred and put everything I DO want transferred into Box 1, and then transfer?

That's what it means, yes.

Please forgive me if this has been asked (I got no clue what I'd search to find out), but does anyone know how many Egg moves can be passed on? For example, I may be mistaken, but my limited firsthand data seemed to suggest that the answer was "3" in previous generations. However, is it possible it has changed now with Egg moves passing on from female Pokémon? I once heard someone suggest that the limit might be more than four, i.e., including some moves passed down that are only accessible via the move reminder.

I also have a second question. I have poked around this thread enough to have seen some people point out that breeding for TM moves is no longer possible. However, is it still possible to breed for Level-Up moves? Because I really want a Lucario with the option to regain Nasty Plot whenever I want!

Falk

From what I've heard; the Lansat and Starf berries are supposed to be in the battle maison. But I can't find them in the shop. Anyone know where they are?

Nintendan

grama god
Alright. First off, this should really be in Gen V section but I just really want some quick help ASAP and this thread will get a lot views than any Gen V thread so...hopefully this won't hurt.

Basically, I'm looking for my Heatran. My Heatran was transferred from a Gen IV game to my Black and I can't find her anywhere! Here's some background info:
-I have 3 Gen V games, but my Heatran is definitely not on my W or B2 as I do not have Heatran in the Pokédex, only in my Black.
-I know its the right Heatran on my Black because its shiny and the Dex has the shiny image recorded
-I have looked in the Day Care, Battle Box, GTS, Party, Dream World and thoroughly check all my boxes for her - no sign
-99.9% sure it hasn't been traded to anywhere else (siblings games etc. and they wouldn't steal it from me, my bro has no interest in the thing)

So my question is: are there any other possible places she could be? Where can you store Pokés in this game?

DKN117

Legend Tamer
Okay, so... With Pokemon Bank coming out soon, I need to know something regarding the Poke-Transporter and how it works with possibly-hacked Pokemon.

On my White-2 Version, I have a completed National Pokedex (excluding Manaphy and Phione). I got this thanks partially to diligent work with my other games, and partially thanks to buying a friend's used Black Version which had a TON of Pokemon on it. However, many of the Pokemon from that Black Version, I suspect, are hacked (A shiny Mew? That CAN'T be a legally-acquired Pokemon). Now, I've heard about the Transporter 'not allowing the transfer of hacked Pokemon', and I want to know two things:

1. Will it simply refuse to transfer a Hacked Pokemon in the first place (i.e. give me a "This Pokemon cannot be transferred" message), or will it transfer the Hack-Mon to my Y Version... only to turn it into a Bad Egg to 'punish me'?

2. Can I transfer the children of Hacked Pokemon - i.e., breed a Hacked Meganium with my Ditto, hatch the resulting Chikorita, and send Lil' Chika over to Y?

Nulava

Banned
From what I've heard; the Lansat and Starf berries are supposed to be in the battle maison. But I can't find them in the shop. Anyone know where they are?

You have to get on a serious win streak in the Battle Maison.
100 straight wins gets you a Lansat Berry,
200 straight wins gets you a Starf Berry.

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
How can I obtain a Shiny Charm in Pokemon X? Whats the increased percentage of chance of getting shinies after having the charm?

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
The Shiny Charm isn't obtainable in Generation 6.

Correction Nulava. The main site says you get it when you complete the National Pokedex.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Can you just see them all or do you have to catch them? And still no info about the increased chance?

i think they increase the ratio preivously i think its 1/8192 then after that i think 1/10000 something(can't remember).

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
i think they increase the ratio preivously i think its 1/8192 then after that i think 1/10000 something(can't remember).

I'm assuming you mean 1000 and not 10000, right? Because 10000 would make the odds worse than they were before. Either way, as Hydrohs stated above, we don't know exactly how the odds have changed yet, so guesses are all we have right now.

DKN117

Legend Tamer
...Hello? I kinda need answers, if that's not too much trouble, please.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Okay, so... With Pokemon Bank coming out soon, I need to know something regarding the Poke-Transporter and how it works with possibly-hacked Pokemon.

On my White-2 Version, I have a completed National Pokedex (excluding Manaphy and Phione). I got this thanks partially to diligent work with my other games, and partially thanks to buying a friend's used Black Version which had a TON of Pokemon on it. However, many of the Pokemon from that Black Version, I suspect, are hacked (A shiny Mew? That CAN'T be a legally-acquired Pokemon). Now, I've heard about the Transporter 'not allowing the transfer of hacked Pokemon', and I want to know two things:

1. Will it simply refuse to transfer a Hacked Pokemon in the first place (i.e. give me a "This Pokemon cannot be transferred" message), or will it transfer the Hack-Mon to my Y Version... only to turn it into a Bad Egg to 'punish me'?

2. Can I transfer the children of Hacked Pokemon - i.e., breed a Hacked Meganium with my Ditto, hatch the resulting Chikorita, and send Lil' Chika over to Y?

Didn't notice you got skipped. I'm not one to have a solid answer for the first question since I can't transfer stuff yet myself, but I've not heard any reports of hacks turning into Bad Eggs yet. You can take that for what little it may be worth, but it also seems that the hack check only blocks Pokemon with illegal stats and moves, so stuff like female HA starters have passed just fine.

For the second question, there should be no problem with that Chikorita. If you bred it legitimately, then nothing about it will be illegal.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Please forgive me if this has been asked (I got no clue what I'd search to find out), but does anyone know how many Egg moves can be passed on? For example, I may be mistaken, but my limited firsthand data seemed to suggest that the answer was "3" in previous generations. However, is it possible it has changed now with Egg moves passing on from female Pokémon? I once heard someone suggest that the limit might be more than four, i.e., including some moves passed down that are only accessible via the move reminder.

I also have a second question. I have poked around this thread enough to have seen some people point out that breeding for TM moves is no longer possible. However, is it still possible to breed for Level-Up moves? Because I really want a Lucario with the option to regain Nasty Plot whenever I want!

For your fist question, you can pass down 4 egg moves. I tried that a few weeks ago with a Gastly, which currently got Grudge, Fire Punch, Disable & Psywave.

However, I don't know the answer for your 2nd question.

Jeikobu

主の子
I really want a Shishiko ("Litleo" in America I think?), bit I noticed it's Hidden Ability looks highly preferable. The problem is it doesn't appear to be available, not even in Friend Safari. Is there any known way to obtain one?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I really want a Shishiko ("Litleo" in America I think?), bit I noticed it's Hidden Ability looks highly preferable. The problem is it doesn't appear to be available, not even in Friend Safari. Is there any known way to obtain one?

Litleo/Shisiko's Hidden Ability, Moxie, is obtained by breeding from Pyroar/Kaenjishi obtained in the Friend Safari.

Pyroar/Kaenjishi doesn't get that much use out of its Hidden Ability, though, as its physical Attack is a pitiful base 68 in comparison to its base 109 Special Attack, and its best Fire-type STAB moves are special. Most Pyroar/Kaenjishi run Unnerve instead, which at least cancels out pinch and Lum Berries and such.