• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

BCVM22

We believe so but without the ability to sift through the game code we cannot be 100% absotively posilutely sure. Same goes for Xerneas, Yveltal and the legendary birds.

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
You can use them on yourself.
It's just that you use less on others.

The more you use them, the closer you get to leveling them up.

(So it's preferred that you're online)

What happen if I turn off my wifi while using the O Power (on myself)? Will it wear off?

Also how do I recharge them? Same like the radar? Walk xxx steps?

Last edited:

KamenAeons

Demon Legion (◕‿◕✿)
It just recharges with time. If you close the DS, you still recharge, but you don't use up the time of the O-Power.

Walking IRL gives a faster recharge rate.
0-2000 - 1 orb per 4 min
2000-3000 - 1 orb per 3 min
3000-4000 - 1 orb per 2 min
4000+ - 1 orb per min

Gampi

ガンピ
I just have two questions regarding PokéBank, sorry if this isn't the correct place.

1. I have several foreign Pokémon on Black 2, if I transfer them over to X, will they still have the markings they would usually have? [e.g. would my Korean Cobalion still have the KOR marking on it]
  2. Do I need to seperate Black/White Kyurem in order to transfer it over?

AlchemistAzure

I just have two questions regarding PokéBank, sorry if this isn't the correct place.

1. I have several foreign Pokémon on Black 2, if I transfer them over to X, will they still have the markings they would usually have? [e.g. would my Korean Cobalion still have the KOR marking on it]
  2. Do I need to seperate Black/White Kyurem in order to transfer it over?

The Korean Cobalion will still retain it's KOR marking, because that was where the original trainer was from. Just because you use the Pokemon Bank to trasnfer it from Black 2 over to X, does not mean foreign obtained pokemon will lose their foreign stamp.

As for your second question, i think so. My friend tried to trade his fused Kyurem from White 2, over to Black 2 and it wouldn't let him. And since technically transferring can be closely linked to trading, I would think the same rule applies.

McIntyre

Novice Breeder
This is going to seem like an odd question, but the move Synchronoise. Can it be used in collaboration with the terrain moves? Or is it just with the surrounding natural environment, like the rocky caves and the grass on routes and such? I can't seem to find clarification on whether or not this works.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
This is going to seem like an odd question, but the move Synchronoise. Can it be used in collaboration with the terrain moves? Or is it just with the surrounding natural environment, like the rocky caves and the grass on routes and such? I can't seem to find clarification on whether or not this works.

If I'm reading bulbapedia right, I don't think you use it with the terrains-it mentions other moves, but not synchronoise.

If someone put Pokemon Bank and Transporter on their SD Card then onto their computer, could they share it with people or is it account-locked?

We wouldn't be able to install it, if we had just the copied files, I think.

Because if what you say would be possible, somebody would already do that, since 25th Dec. And that didn't happen. So the answer to your question is most likely No.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

I jut got a phione over wonder trade, it doesn't have the pentagon thing, should I worry?

CrusherTheFeraligatr

No. The pentagon just means it's from Kalos. If it isn't there, that means it was imported.

Oh good. My brother will be happy-he's trying to complete the pokedex.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
If someone put Pokemon Bank and Transporter on their SD Card then onto their computer, could they share it with people or is it account-locked?

Pokemon Bank, like all other software available on the eShop, is tied to your eShop account. If you didn't "purchase" it from the eShop, having data on your SD card is pointless.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
To be fair most of the people who had PokeBank were either in dealings with Nintendo like Serebii or Japanese, so...

This release is so staggered, the other countries are STILL forgotten even after it's proven to be fine!

As a former member of staff, I am bound via staff rules not to confirm or deny this Statement in regards to Pokébank. I can confirm that Joe has had dealings with Nintendo in the past, which forced Serebii remove images from the main site for a short time, but at this time I can not.

I have strong feeling that Serebii has a Japanese 3DS.

There are means to get most of the information that that Serebii has posted in the past. Serebii has posted images of 3DS Screens in Japanese, and people have shown to have Modified 3DSes that transmit Video to a PC, it stands to reason that Joe has one. (Note that on his 3ds screens all the downloadable Japanese 3DS games are known to be available.)

He did mentioned he was downloading it at the same time it was released to the Public: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...rter-New-XY-Stuff-Discovery-Thread&p=16773955

Serebii may have mentioned how he get images or photos Publicly in the past. We do have a search functions within the forum.

I would have to assume it's locked, I guess, or there would be mass-piracy of the re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-releases of all the VC games.
It's very much locked, every download game is tied to the console it's downloaded on.

Last edited:

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, I thought Serebii just had a Japanese 3DS.

I do, of course. Here's my Japanese 3DS home screen, captured on December 24th
02440.png

To be fair most of the people who had PokeBank were either in dealings with Nintendo like Serebii or Japanese, so...

This release is so staggered, the other countries are STILL forgotten even after it's proven to be fine!

They are closely monitoring the load. They had to completely recode and redo how Bank logs on. It has nothing to do with staggered or with being forgotten. They're doing it so the servers don't die again.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
The app looks so beautiful in the home screen *weeps silently*

I figured this was a pseudo "Beta" phase. It's just... getting a bit long in the tooth to wait. Let's just hope it comes out before Valentine's Day. *initiates prayer circle*