• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

AlchemistAzure

I don't remember reading a reason as to why, maybe I missed it, but did they say specifically why event Pokemon can't be placed into the Pokemon Bank? (I had hoped to have a pointless shiny team on my X consisting of Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina.)

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
The item dex says the Destiny Knot is available in two places; one is given to you by the maid in the Cyllage Hotel and the other by a Beauty in an alley in Rouge Plaza. I've been up and down every alley connected to Rouge Plaza and I cannot find a beauty, just a biker guy that says I don't want to be seen there. Is it possible to get 2 in the same game, and if so, where is this beauty?

Thanks.

Ruas

kyle72686 - Just walk around & defeat other trainers in the alleys. Then come back & check. Eventually Beauty Aimee will show up. Defeat her Fletchinder & she'll give you a Destiny Knot. This can be done again & again.

I don't remember reading a reason as to why, maybe I missed it, but did they say specifically why event Pokemon can't be placed into the Pokemon Bank? (I had hoped to have a pointless shiny team on my X consisting of Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina.)

You can bank event Pokémon! (?)

BCVM22

Where has anything said this?

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
The item dex says the Destiny Knot is available in two places; one is given to you by the maid in the Cyllage Hotel and the other by a Beauty in an alley in Rouge Plaza. I've been up and down every alley connected to Rouge Plaza and I cannot find a beauty, just a biker guy that says I don't want to be seen there. Is it possible to get 2 in the same game, and if so, where is this beauty?

Thanks.

I currently have seven Destiny Knots so yes. Like Ruas said, just look for other trainers in the meantime. I would also say battling at the restaurants helps her show up.

Doobius

can someone please reminder me the items/abilities used for item hunting? i want to look for a metal coat, and cannot for the life of me remember what move to use for stealing the item. i know to use frisk to find out if the poke is holding an item, but don't remember the move used. i know there is like covet and thief...but i thought there was another one.

i was doing this for a while to get lucky eggs....but i must have traded away the poke i was using cause now i only have level 1 covet eevees and nothing with thief. is there another move you can use? otherwise i need to level up an eevee to be able to do it. i swear i was using something other than covet or thief though.

and then there is another trick to put something with compound eyes in slot 2 to up the chance of a held item? just want to get all set up to find a couple metal coats.

thank you,.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
can someone please reminder me the items/abilities used for item hunting? i want to look for a metal coat, and cannot for the life of me remember what move to use for stealing the item. i know to use frisk to find out if the poke is holding an item, but don't remember the move used. i know there is like covet and thief...but i thought there was another one.

i was doing this for a while to get lucky eggs....but i must have traded away the poke i was using cause now i only have level 1 covet eevees and nothing with thief. is there another move you can use? otherwise i need to level up an eevee to be able to do it. i swear i was using something other than covet or thief though.

and then there is another trick to put something with compound eyes in slot 2 to up the chance of a held item? just want to get all set up to find a couple metal coats.

thank you,.
Nope, Covet and Thief are the only two attacks that can steal items.
The abilities needed for item hunting are Compound Eyes and Frisk. There's also the occasional use of Magician, which is another ability where if you use a move that hits a pokemon holding an item, you'll be able to steal it on the spot.
By the way, the Compound Eyes pokemon must be in front of your party and with a fainted status in order to increase your chances of finding pokemon holding items.

Doobius

maybe that was it. maybe i was using magician. thanks for the tips. i'll try that.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Nope, Covet and Thief are the only two attacks that can steal items.
The abilities needed for item hunting are Compound Eyes and Frisk. There's also the occasional use of Magician, which is another ability where if you use a move that hits a pokemon holding an item, you'll be able to steal it on the spot.
By the way, the Compound Eyes pokemon must be in front of your party and with a fainted status in order to increase your chances of finding pokemon holding items.

It doesn't have to be Fainted to work, but if it's Fainetd and you have Frisker as your second Pokémon it makes it all much easier.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
It doesn't have to be Fainted to work, but if it's Fainetd and you have Frisker as your second Pokémon it makes it all much easier.
Yeah, that's what I meant. I forgot to describe the part about Frisk being in the second slot for that.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
i know to use frisk to find out if the poke is holding an item, but don't remember the move used. i know there is like covet and thief...but i thought there was another one.

Trick and Switcheroo will swap the user's held item with the targets', even if one or more of the Pokemon involved don't hold items.

Doobius

thats the one...switcheroo is what i was using. but yeah, the magician works too.

Ryuken

Steel User
I need help with this, have searched for it everywhere and no one says a concrete answer:
How does masuda method works? Is it by language or by country? IE: my sister plays his game in spanish, while i do so in english, both cartridges are from the us, will mm work?
Does it works even if you put your country as spain, play in spanish, but the cartridge is from the us? And does it works if its a different language, but same country?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Now that Bank has been re-released in Japan and other parts of Asia, just how much has changed exactly? Are there more restrictions now, or is it still the same as before? Are hacked Pokémons harder to get in now? Are shiny Zekrom, Reshiram, Keldeo, etc able to enter Bank?

Nulava

Banned
Now that Bank has been re-released in Japan and other parts of Asia, just how much has changed exactly? Are there more restrictions now, or is it still the same as before? Are hacked Pokémons harder to get in now? Are shiny Zekrom, Reshiram, Keldeo, etc able to enter Bank?

Check the Main Site: http://www.serebii.net/bank/

Everything remains the same other than the Software Updates.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I need help with this, have searched for it everywhere and no one says a concrete answer:
How does masuda method works? Is it by language or by country? IE: my sister plays his game in spanish, while i do so in english, both cartridges are from the us, will mm work?
Does it works even if you put your country as spain, play in spanish, but the cartridge is from the us? And does it works if its a different language, but same country?

It's based on the language you're playing the game in.

Just to be clear, when you trade a Pokemon from your sister's game over to yours, if the "SPA" language tag comes up, then yes, MM will work with that Pokemon. In XY, MM is based on LANGUAGE, not REGION, because there's no way for you to tell what region the Pokemon came from.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Question: If I were to reset my Y version, would I still have all my Friend Safaris intact upon reaching Kiloude City on the new file? And if so, would each Safari's third Pokemon be available right away, or would they be locked into the standard two Pokemon until I see their players online with the new file?

Rio!

Composer
Question: If I were to reset my Y version, would I still have all my Friend Safaris intact upon reaching Kiloude City on the new file? And if so, would each Safari's third Pokemon be available right away, or would they be locked into the standard two Pokemon until I see their players online with the new file?

Yes you would; however to get HAs to show up + third pokemon, you'll have to see each of your friends in the PSS; so yea to your second question as well.
Source: Experience