• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Nikomajor

*Psystrike*
A quick question:
I've got some pokemon from X that I want to transport to Black 2 in order to tutor them some moves. Is that possible currently? If yes then how? I seem to have problems with it :(

I'm sorry but that isn't possible, it's from Black/White/Black 2/White 2 to X/Y not the other way around

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Alright, when I got Pokémon Bank, I chose the 100 Poké Miles. But now I want my stored Pokémon to accumulate BP instead. How do I switch over to BP from Poké Miles, and does anyone know how long it takes stored Pokémon to accumulate Poké Miles/BP?

Every time you connect to the Bank, you will be given an overview of your current Miles and BP. 10 Miles = 1 BP.
You can always pick which one you prefer. Or decline and accumulate more points.

According to the main page, Miles or BP are "obtained depending upon how long your Pokémon spend in Bank, and how many Pokémon you have stored. The more and longer you store, the more points you get." I don't know the exact distribution.

Is it true that your X and Y file gets banned if you transfer hacked Pokémon into Poke Bank/Poke Transfer? What qualifies as hacked Pokémon? I'll admit before 6th gen I hacked Pokémon. But now that I'm afraid of being banned, I became legit by learning to breed and now I love breeding. I do want to bring over the action replay Pokémon I caught, like Deoxys, Lugia and Ho-Oh from those Sevi Islands and Mew from Faraway Island (I even have a shiny Mew). I also want to bring my Darkrai from Newmoon Island, Arceus from the Hall of Origin, and Shaymin from Flower Paradise.

Last edited:

DragonXmicro

何これ?かえったね。
Is it true that your X and Y file gets banned if you transfer hacked Pokémon into Poke Bank/Poke Transfer? What qualifies as hacked Pokémon? I'll admit before 6th I hacked Pokémon. But now that I'm afraid of being banned, I became legit by learning to breed and now I love breeding. I do want to bring over the action reply Pokémon I caught, like Deoxys, Lugia and Ho-Oh from those Sevi Islands and Mew from Faraway Island (I even have a shiny Mew). I also want to bring my Darkrai from Newmoon Island, Arceus from the Hall of Origin, and Shaymin from Flower Paradise.

As far as i can tell, the mons just won't be brought up, you won't be banned or anything like that

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Is it true that your X and Y file gets banned if you transfer hacked Pokémon into Poke Bank/Poke Transfer? What qualifies as hacked Pokémon? I'll admit before 6th gen I hacked Pokémon. But now that I'm afraid of being banned, I became legit by learning to breed and now I love breeding. I do want to bring over the action replay Pokémon I caught, like Deoxys, Lugia and Ho-Oh from those Sevi Islands and Mew from Faraway Island (I even have a shiny Mew). I also want to bring my Darkrai from Newmoon Island, Arceus from the Hall of Origin, and Shaymin from Flower Paradise.

I asked because a lot of my pokemon had been traded to me. This was their response:

A solution for your issue has been suggested.

Hey ,

Pokémon that have issues will not be allowed to be transferred. However, at this time, accounts cannot be banned or reprimanded for attempting this.

In short: you shouldn't need to worry, Pokémon that are not OK will not be able to be sent through the Transporter, but there should be no issues with your account.

Thank you,

-Pokémon Support

reinofc

I want to transfer my surf/ fly Pikachu from Soul Silver to Black and then to X. I read somewhere that egg moves can be relearned in X; could I delete the HM move then relearn it once my Pikachu's been transferred to X?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
If you want your Pikachu to retain Surf and Fly, don't delete those moves. They aren't Egg moves; they're event moves and once deleted, they can't be relearned.

reinofc

But there's no way to transfer Pokemon with HM moves; meaning there's way I can get them in any of the later games?

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Is it true that your X and Y file gets banned if you transfer hacked Pokémon into Poke Bank/Poke Transfer?

I would like to know where this rumor keeps coming from. I haven't heard of this until this week.

No, there is no ban (at least not at this time). The pokemon that are recognized as hacked are just left in the Gen 5 game.

What qualifies as hacked Pokémon?
Good question. It is far from a perfect system. 2 of my pokemon that should have made it through were unable to transfer (a Dusknoir that I cuaght as a Duskull and evolved and a Togekiss that I got as an egg from Cynthia, both in Platinum) but some hacks that I generated as a test were able to go through.

I'll admit before 6th gen I hacked Pokémon. But now that I'm afraid of being banned, I became legit by learning to breed and now I love breeding. I do want to bring over the action replay Pokémon I caught, like Deoxys, Lugia and Ho-Oh from those Sevi Islands and Mew from Faraway Island (I even have a shiny Mew). I also want to bring my Darkrai from Newmoon Island, Arceus from the Hall of Origin, and Shaymin from Flower Paradise.

good luck

Last edited:

Ruas

The move re-learner can reteach lost egg moves & event moves to a Pokemon. So can it not be applied to Surfing/Flying Pikachu? Or is this only applicable for events of this gen?

DragonXmicro

何これ?かえったね。
The move re-learner can reteach lost egg moves & event moves to a Pokemon. So can it not be applied to Surfing/Flying Pikachu? Or is this only applicable for events of this gen?

Must only be for this gen, as my buddy could not relearn Exspeed onto his event Entei

Syther

Y not?
how can I actually get past the punk in the lost hotell that complains about my style? As far as I can tell I have all 4 skate moves.

Eeveon1316

Do people actually SR for Flawless/Near-Flawless event legendaries? Is there any circumstance where such a thing could be believed to be legit?

Because I just got traded a couple of highly suspicious event Pokémon when I thought I wouldn't have to worry about things like that in Gen 6. I'm starting to think that Pokémon Bank's supposed "hack filtering" is a load of waffle.

Is there a snowball's chance in hell that these are actually legit? I mean, they've got the right OT and ID, the right moveset, the right ribbons, they're in cherish balls, they say "fateful encounter". But then I saw the Characteristics and took them to the Judge only to see this nonsense. I don't even want to think about how many SR's it would take to get six perfect IV's on a Meloetta and five on Darkrai. And they're both Timid, which is of course all up and down Smogon's build suggestions. There's no way these are legit, right?

How likely is it that these Pokémon are not legit? How likely is it that my trade partner actually "got them from a friend"? Who tries to scam for Blazikenite and a Lugia? Alternatively, who offers flawless event legendaries for Blazikenite and a Lugia?

Do I need to report my trade partner on the black list thread? Should I release the Pokémon? I swear to God if these things turn into mystery eggs, I'm gonna blow a gasket.

Ruas

Getting an event legendary with flawless IVs, in past generations at least, is extremely difficult, so close to impossible. It's a good chance that they maybe hacked, but the source needn't be your friend. Your friend could be an innocent victim just like you - got it without ever realizing that it's so perfect. You could report him, but do let them know everything & they can decide whether he should be banned or not.

When it come to hacking, if done neatly, then you really can't differentiate from a legit one. Professional hackers look at hacking as simply a short cut to achieve the same result. As far as you are concerned, it's legit for you since it passed all the checks. Everything is correct & you get a the bonus of IVs being perfect. It won't destroy your game - it's not a like a virus.

Whether you want use it - that's a different & personal dilemma. It's completely up to you. IVs are useful, but their ultimate effect in stats will a difference of 31 points. You could say every point counts, on the other hand it's not like you have a major advantage against everybody else - like using an uber in a NU match.

Finally, not sure about Lugia, but Blazikenite can't be hacked as of now. So the only way to get it is to obtain it from people who have downloaded a legit Torchic.