• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
that 360 trick is very deceptive. I thought I had that one already.

Yeah, I also thought I got them all but it took me awhile to understand that in fact I was missing one.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
`
Do people actually SR for Flawless/Near-Flawless event legendaries? Is there any circumstance where such a thing could be believed to be legit?

Because I just got traded a couple of highly suspicious event Pokémon when I thought I wouldn't have to worry about things like that in Gen 6. I'm starting to think that Pokémon Bank's supposed "hack filtering" is a load of waffle.

Is there a snowball's chance in hell that these are actually legit? I mean, they've got the right OT and ID, the right moveset, the right ribbons, they're in cherish balls, they say "fateful encounter". But then I saw the Characteristics and took them to the Judge only to see this nonsense. I don't even want to think about how many SR's it would take to get six perfect IV's on a Meloetta and five on Darkrai. And they're both Timid, which is of course all up and down Smogon's build suggestions. There's no way these are legit, right?

How likely is it that these Pokémon are not legit? How likely is it that my trade partner actually "got them from a friend"? Who tries to scam for Blazikenite and a Lugia? Alternatively, who offers flawless event legendaries for Blazikenite and a Lugia?

Do I need to report my trade partner on the black list thread? Should I release the Pokémon? I swear to God if these things turn into mystery eggs, I'm gonna blow a gasket.

If the only thing you're worried about is that your event legendaries have good natures and flawless/near-flawless IVs, and nothing about them is suspicious, chances are that they were RNG'd. RNG'd Pokemon are 100% legal. You do not have to use any outside program to manipulate the game in any way (like AR or Gameshark would). Really basically, all you have to do is find what seed those stats would be generated on, then change the clock on your game to find that seed and advance a certain number of frames by walking. You can read more about how it works here.

Basically, there's nothing wrong with those Pokemon. Also, Bad Eggs have only been one isolated incident and so far, no one else has reported getting them.

As for who would give these Pokemon away for a Lugia and a Blazikenite, I traded a legal shiny near-flawless Mew the other day for a Blazikenite. I was also planning on giving some Mews out on Wonder Trade, but it turns out you can't trade event-only Pokemon on Wonder Trade. There are some nice people out there who will trade you nice things. Everyone considers different things valuable in Pokemon. Some people don't care for legendaries. Some people don't care for shinies. Everyone's different. If you're really that worried about them being hacks, look up the Trainer ID on Pokecheck and see if anything comes up. If you find any legendaries or flawless Pokemon under that ID number, run the legality checker on it and see if any of that person's Pokemon are hacked. You can also visit the Hack Check Thread and ask about them there. Dewey911 is particularly good at picking out hacks.

If you still don't want the Meloetta and the Darkrai, I'll take them off your hands.

Last edited:

Eeveon1316

Call me old-fashioned, but for me the fun of playing the game is...actually playing the game. SR'ing is as far as I stretch that definition. Breeding Eevees in all of my free time for a week to finally get a Modest, Flawless one with Anticipation gives me a sense of accomplishment. I'm unable to achieve any sense of accomplishment through manipulaitng the RNG or just plain hacking in the Pokémon I want.

Honestly though, I can't get too bothered by it, because neither of the things I traded represented much for me either. I SR'd the Event Torchic for Adamant 31 Atk (before I knew HA Males could pass on the Ability), but I've still got two more spares. The Lugia was on a used copy of Soul Silver and I've still got my Dream Radar Lugia anyway. As long as version 1.3 doesn't suddenly decide to implement a better hack checker and turn them into bad eggs, then I guess it doesn't really matter much. Although, from what I've read about Bank, it can't even tell that Totodile doesn't belong in a Master Ball and Gengar can't be level 1, so they seem to be miles away from a decent hack checker and it seems like detecting RNG would be completely impossible.

That being said though, I don't necessarily want these. I've asked the other person if they want to trade back, but if they say no, I'll probably just cut my losses and get rid of them.

Ruas

Oh! I completely forgot about RNG. Never used it myself, that's why I didn't consider it. But, RNG must be indeed the case here. I've played with cheat codes & emulators in the old RSE days - but the only time I got Bad Eggs is when you hack a severely corrupted Pokemon (from my experience). So, I always thought Bad Eggs will always be in a hacker's cartridge & there was no way of trading a Pokemon which could later on become a Bad Egg. Could you give a link to the incident?

CallMyName

if i have a slow pokemon team is it better to run cottontee tailwind or klefki with thunderwave and dual screen or magic room? assume that it could :D

Gampi

ガンピ
In order to obtain the Shiny Charm, do you have to actually have all the Pokémon [bar event exclusives] registered as "Obtained" or is having them registered as "Seen" enough?

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
if i have a slow pokemon team is it better to run cottontee tailwind or klefki with thunderwave and dual screen or magic room? assume that it could :D

I'd recommend the use of Thunder Wave because not only will it slow your opponent down, but it will also have a 1/4 chance they can't attack. It also lasts until the Pokemon either becomes unparalyzed or faints, unlike Tailwind. Tailwind is something that is more used in doubles and triples because more advantage can be gained from it.

Do i need a Poke ball (just a regular one) in order to get shedinja?

In the past you have needed one so I'd assume the same this generation.

Doobius

can an IV guru help me out? i am trying to find out if this is a "perfect" poke. IV judge says it is outstanding, with greatest potential in HP, attack, defense, and sp. def. stats like that cannot be beat. currently MMing 2 outstanding gastlys to try and get a white mega gengar.

http://oi59.*******.com/9qboux.jpg

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
It's 31/31/31/x/31/x, based purely on Judge output.

Use this calculator, and use Rare Candies to fill in more levels if you want more specific IVs; Lv. 1 stats are not informative enough.

Doobius

im happy enough with it as is, was just curious. probably going to EV train it.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
How is damage rounded in X and Y, or the Pokémon games in general?

For example, if an attack does 90.5 damage to an opponent, is it rounded down to 90, or rounded up to 91?

Doobius

It's 31/31/31/x/31/x, based purely on Judge output.

Use this calculator, and use Rare Candies to fill in more levels if you want more specific IVs; Lv. 1 stats are not informative enough.

thanks for the rare candy tip, i tried it and it is only those 4.

http://oi61.*******.com/2i9s3e1.jpg

KillerDraco

im happy enough with it as is, was just curious. probably going to EV train it.

I'd say you're going to at least want perfect speed IVs. With every other stat, as long as it's like 28-30, it's usually good enough, but not having max Speed can and will screw you over if you're not careful.

31/x/31/31/31/31 is what is effectively "perfect", in reference to your earlier question, btw.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Call me old-fashioned, but for me the fun of playing the game is...actually playing the game. SR'ing is as far as I stretch that definition. Breeding Eevees in all of my free time for a week to finally get a Modest, Flawless one with Anticipation gives me a sense of accomplishment. I'm unable to achieve any sense of accomplishment through manipulaitng the RNG or just plain hacking in the Pokémon I want.

Honestly though, I can't get too bothered by it, because neither of the things I traded represented much for me either. I SR'd the Event Torchic for Adamant 31 Atk (before I knew HA Males could pass on the Ability), but I've still got two more spares. The Lugia was on a used copy of Soul Silver and I've still got my Dream Radar Lugia anyway. As long as version 1.3 doesn't suddenly decide to implement a better hack checker and turn them into bad eggs, then I guess it doesn't really matter much. Although, from what I've read about Bank, it can't even tell that Totodile doesn't belong in a Master Ball and Gengar can't be level 1, so they seem to be miles away from a decent hack checker and it seems like detecting RNG would be completely impossible.

That being said though, I don't necessarily want these. I've asked the other person if they want to trade back, but if they say no, I'll probably just cut my losses and get rid of them.

I'm pretty confident that these aren't hacked. I will trade you something for them. There's nothing wrong with not liking RNG, but that doesn't make RNG'd Pokemon not legal. It would be a waste to release two perfectly good event Pokemon when there are people out there who missed the event who want them. Also, Nintendo and Game Freak will NEVER be able to detect RNG because RNG is not illegal. RNG'd Pokemon are created by the game. Even if they could detect it, the Pokemon still get passed because there's nothing wrong with them. Furthermore, even if you did have hacked Pokemon, they aren't going to turn into Bad Eggs. That was ONE incident in Australia and the guy who got them thinks that it was a corrupted SD card, not a bad Pokemon that caused it.

Oh! I completely forgot about RNG. Never used it myself, that's why I didn't consider it. But, RNG must be indeed the case here. I've played with cheat codes & emulators in the old RSE days - but the only time I got Bad Eggs is when you hack a severely corrupted Pokemon (from my experience). So, I always thought Bad Eggs will always be in a hacker's cartridge & there was no way of trading a Pokemon which could later on become a Bad Egg. Could you give a link to the incident?

The Bad Egg incident can be found here. Keep in mind that this guy used one 3DS and two copies of the game - one X and one Y - and got the Bad Egg problem both times. Therefore it is a hardware problem on his 3DS, NOT a problem with X and Y.

Miggy

Okay, does any one know if i deposit pokemon into bank, then restart my Y game, will i be able to receive them?

Miggy

Thank you! I couldn't find a straight answer anywhere else.