• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I need some help understanding how breeding moves work? Like if I want a poochyena that knows "Ice Fang", what do i need for the parents? Will it know the move right away?

The Father needs to know the move you want to teach the baby. You could use a Male Piloswine that as learned Ice Fang, who learns it at Level 24, and is the same egg group as Poochyena, and a Female Poochyena or Mightyena. The resulting egg will have Poochyena that knows Ice Fang at Lv 1.

Galvantula1992

Hi everyone, I know that these were given out a long time ago now and I'm not entirely sure if I should be asking this in this thread but I've only just started playing Pokémon X and would anyone be generous enough to give me their quick ball code for 12 quick balls that were given out back in October please?

Is there anything I can do to influence my Soft reset for Timid Vivillon besides a pokemon with synchronize ?

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
Is there anything I can do to influence my Soft reset for Timid Vivillon besides a pokemon with synchronize ?

Unless you know how to RNG abuse in X/Y, there's no way you can influence the nature of an event Pokémon. And I'm pretty sure Synchronize won't work, because Synchronize only works with wild encounters.

Thanks anyway. I Dowloaded the event. But I saved right before talking to the girl to receive it. I have gotten different natures etc just wanted timid mostly.

Hello everyone. Say: I was thinking in restarting my game in X but I can't afford to loose some pokemon and items (about 8). So I was thinking if someone could hang on to them while I restart my game and then trade them back :) thanks. PM me

If you have PokéBank, you can use that to hold your teams and collections from previous save files, then start a new game and transfer back from Bank. It won't let you keep and store items, though.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Hi everyone, I know that these were given out a long time ago now and I'm not entirely sure if I should be asking this in this thread but I've only just started playing Pokémon X and would anyone be generous enough to give me their quick ball code for 12 quick balls that were given out back in October please?

To my knowledge there were never any Quick Balls given away in an event. I'm not sure what you're talking about here.

I have the bank but I can't use it... For a month it gives me the error

Which error does it give you? Pokemon Bank should not be giving you any problems. It's been working perfectly for months now.

gamer_legend

To my knowledge there were never any Quick Balls given away in an event. I'm not sure what you're talking about here.

Which error does it give you? Pokemon Bank should not be giving you any problems. It's been working perfectly for months now.

It wasn't an event it was a promotion by Tesco a UK store who gave away codes to fans who brought the game in store. I would imagine most fans actually used them.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Not really a question, but an observation I made. Every time I go into Route 2 for the first time, I run into a level 3 Pidgey in the second row of the first patch of grass as my first encounter without fail. Is the game programmed to give you that encounter, or do I just have some odd luck?

Did you remember to pay for the service after the free trial period expired? At this point, you can't use PokéBank until you've paid the $5 yearly fee (or whatever it converts to in your country's currency.)

@Above: Nope, it's just your super-weird luck. I got Zigzagoon and Fletchling in my games, if I remember correctly. Altho I don't perpetually restart them over and over again, like some people do.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Banned
Even if you didn't pay for it you could at least withdraw from it. What is the error? You're not even able to get as far as withdrawing?

Editing instead of double-posting. If you breed a female Cherish Ball Vivillion, will the baby be in a Cherish Ball?

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Editing instead of double-posting. If you breed a female Cherish Ball Vivillion, will the baby be in a Cherish Ball?

No, Cherish Balls cannot be passed down, unfortunately.

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
Kind of an involved question, but I'm finding different answers based on where I go. I figured I'd ask here, too.

What breedable Pokemon cannot, legally, have a hidden ability?

I figure that's an easier question than the alternative (ie what Pokemon can have their HA).

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Kind of an involved question, but I'm finding different answers based on where I go. I figured I'd ask here, too.

What breedable Pokemon cannot, legally, have a hidden ability?

I figure that's an easier question than the alternative (ie what Pokemon can have their HA).

There are actually only a few breedable Pokemon with unreleased HA. The ones I can remember are Johto & Unova starters, as well as Skrelp, Tyrunt, and Amaura.

However, if you want to go into detail, there are other things to consider.

For example, the game where the female parent originates from. A female parent from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh cannot have an offspring with HA, since she cannot legally have HA.

Then there's also the ball.
Pokemon in Apricorn/Sport Ball cannot legally have HA, since it or the mother would have to come from HG/SS.
Pokemon in Safari Ball also cannot, as it or the mother would originate from Gen 3 or Gen 4 game, where HA does not exist yet.

And then there's a unique case with DW Kecleon, which is from Gen 5. Kecleon didn't have HA in Gen 5, but it has one in Gen 6. However, when a DW Kecleon is transferred to Gen 6, its Color Change ability doesn't change into Protean, likely because of the way Kecleon's ability is being set in Gen 5. Therefore, it's actually impossible to get a Protean Kecleon in a Dream Ball.

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
There are actually only a few breedable Pokemon with unreleased HA. The ones I can remember are Johto & Unova starters, as well as Skrelp, Tyrunt, and Amaura.
What about things that just don't have a second ability? Things like Koffing/Weezing, Gastly/Haunter/Gengar?

KillerDraco

What about things that just don't have a second ability? Things like Koffing/Weezing, Gastly/Haunter/Gengar?

What about them? There's a difference between only having one ability, and having an HA that's unreleased (i.e, not legally obtainable).

Heck, every user of Levitate not named Duskull, Bronzor, and Bronzong doesn't have a hidden ability. With the exception of those three Pokemon, all Levitate users have only one ability, Levitate.

...Mega Evolutions changing abilities are obviously the exception to that rule as well.

Trevenant

Banned

However, if you want to go into detail, there are other things to consider.

For example, the game where the female parent originates from. A female parent from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh cannot have an offspring with HA, since she cannot legally have HA.

Then there's also the ball.
Pokemon in Apricorn/Sport Ball cannot legally have HA, since it or the mother would have to come from HG/SS.
Pokemon in Safari Ball also cannot, as it or the mother would originate from Gen 3 or Gen 4 game, where HA does not exist yet.

And then there's a unique case with DW Kecleon, which is from Gen 5. Kecleon didn't have HA in Gen 5, but it has one in Gen 6. However, when a DW Kecleon is transferred to Gen 6, its Color Change ability doesn't change into Protean, likely because of the way Kecleon's ability is being set in Gen 5. Therefore, it's actually impossible to get a Protean Kecleon in a Dream Ball.
Are you sure a DW-flagged Kecleon doesn't get its ability changed...? Not going to go into details but early PokeBank hackers revealed there's stuff that handles the DW ability, and managed to transfer even non-obtainable abilities by checking the flag.

PokeTransfer checks for abilities, but at the time, did not check to see if that flag for the DW ability could/should be set. If it is, though, the ability automatically recalculates to the DW ability (Contrary Serperior, etc), instead of the normal one it "appeared" to have (Overgrow Serperior, etc). However there's a reason you've probably never seen them online - they can't be used or traded online, even if they are bred into new Pokemon that are Kalos-born with the illegal abilities.

That sounds like a VERY silly oversight that Kecleon wouldn't get Protean. :S

Last edited:

Ryuken

Steel User
I have a small question:
Is there any way to get rid of eggs besides hatching them and then releasing the pokemon?
Thanks in advance.