• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Floette

Fennekin
To obtain the Shiny Charm do your Pokemon all have to have originated in the Kalos region or can they be transferred over from BW/BW2?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
To obtain the Shiny Charm do your Pokemon all have to have originated in the Kalos region or can they be transferred over from BW/BW2?

They can be transferred. There's no need to make them all Kalos-born.

Shiny Lord

Just found another shiny Eevee in FS. Has relatively superior potential overall. Greatest potential lies in its Sp. Def stat. And, well, its Speed Stat is good too. Stats like those... They simply can't be beat.

#133 Eevee [Modest] Ability: Adaptability. Hidden Power Ice
IVs: 10 - 13 / 17, 18, 19 / 24, 25, 26 / 20 - 23 / 30, 31 / 31
Stats at Lv.30: 76|0 / 38|0 / 42|0 / 41|0 / 53|0 / 47|0

What is my best bet for Evolving it??

Last edited:
does anyone knows the chance to get a hidden ability pokemon in hordes?, 'cause I just got a nidoran with hustle via gts (no luck in hordes), and also no exeggcute with harvest :c bad luck or just really low probability

Ryuken

Steel User
Just found another shiny Eevee in FS. Has relatively superior potential overall. Greatest potential lies in its Sp. Def stat. And, well, its Speed Stat is good too. Stats like those... They simply can't be beat.

#133 Eevee [Modest] Ability: Adaptability. Hidden Power Ice
IVs: 10 - 13 / 17, 18, 19 / 24, 25, 26 / 20 - 23 / 30, 31 / 31
Stats at Lv.30: 76|0 / 38|0 / 42|0 / 41|0 / 53|0 / 47|0

What is my best bet for Evolving it??

Competitively speaking, nothing, you need to breed another one with full 5IVs and then you could maybe evolve it to glaceon.
Besides glaceon, (Who usually carries choice specs) no other eevee evolution fully benefits from a modest nature.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
does anyone knows the chance to get a hidden ability pokemon in hordes?, 'cause I just got a nidoran with hustle via gts (no luck in hordes), and also no exeggcute with harvest :c bad luck or just really low probability

I'm not sure what the chance is numerically, but I know that it's relatively high because I catch Horde Pokemon with HAs all the time. The best way to go about it is to get a Pokemon with Entrainment or Skill Swap as your lead (Audino works great because it can take hits) and use that on each Horde Pokemon until you find one with the HA. It never takes me more than a couple of Hordes to find an HA Pokemon.

Floette

Fennekin
I keep hearing about this "Bad Egg" thing and now I'm paranoid >_> What precautions can I take? Thank you for always answering our questions by the way, Varanus :)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm not sure what the chance is numerically, but I know that it's relatively high because I catch Horde Pokemon with HAs all the time. The best way to go about it is to get a Pokemon with Entrainment or Skill Swap as your lead (Audino works great because it can take hits) and use that on each Horde Pokemon until you find one with the HA. It never takes me more than a couple of Hordes to find an HA Pokemon.

You're luckier than I am, it usually takes me about 5-10 Hordes before I find a HA. I'm pretty sure the odds of finding one are somewhat low.

But yeah, Skill Swap/Entrainment is the way to go, I use a Reuniclus for finding HAs.

Ryuken

Steel User
I keep hearing about this "Bad Egg" thing and now I'm paranoid >_> What precautions can I take? Thank you for always answering our questions by the way, Varanus :)

The bad egg is the result of corruption in the pokemon games.
It can happen from a badly hacked pokemon, or a random glitch. (So far there hasn't been any bad egg reported glitches in X and Y that have been not made by a hacker tool)
Being an egg, it can't be released, and it might corrupt (Turn into bad eggs) other pokemon in your party if you choose to carry it, or "infect" other pokemon in the same box in the PC.
As far as i know, the only way to obtain it is randomly receiving it through wonder trade, and can only be removed by hacker tools.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

Don't be paranoid about Bad Eggs. The whole craze started because this Australian guy bought Pokemon X and Y sometime near the release date, and then after the first or second Gym, he noticed his Pokemon turning into Bad Eggs and becoming all corrupted. His first video about it is here, and then he made a follow-up video that explains more about where they came from here. Basically, in the end, he figured that his personal 3DS had a bad SD card that caused the glitch to happen, because he got the exact same glitch on both his X and Y version. The chances of two of his games being corrupted are almost zero unless the problem was hardware related and not software related. They cannot be traded in any way between games, and they cannot be put on Wonder Trade. They also never hatch.

Basically, these Eggs just appear in your box for seemingly no reason, but it's likely a hardware glitch on very very few 3DSes. There have been no known instances of people getting Wonder Traded Pokemon that turn into Bad Eggs that I can find anywhere. Basically people freaked out over what isn't a problem.

However, if you do happen to get a Bad Egg somehow, the only way to get rid of it is to restart your game. But if you get the Bad Egg, it probably means that your SD card is corrupted, so you'll just get it again. Anyway, you won't lose your Pokemon if you have PokeBank. Just put everything you want to keep on PokeBank, restart your game, and the glitch is gone. The only inconvenience is you'll have to play through the story again.

Trevenant

Banned
It can happen from a badly hacked pokemon, or a random glitch. (So far there hasn't been any bad egg reported glitches in X and Y that have been not made by a hacker tool)
Wrong. The only Bad Eggs to come about in Gen 6 had nothing to do with hacking tools (which barely exist and don't even modify Pokemon in any way that would trigger a Bad Egg anyway), they predated them by quite a bit. It was a very, very rare incident with digital copies (fear mongering is the only reason it ever felt widespread (idiot sites like Kotaku don't help, I know they had some fear mongering article about it...)), likely resulting from a failing memory card.

and can only be removed by hacker tools.
Sadly, this isn't the case. The only method of removal is trading it to someone. The only real method of removal is either you erasing your savefile, or someone who you trade it to.
Though... Bad Eggs are generally harmless, especially when generated via non-cheat methods. If you can hold onto them in your box until you find someone about to restart their game or something, do so.

Ajduk

6v6 special battle spot battles
AND EVERY TIME I PICK THEM IT IS ''OPPOSING TRAINER CAN'T BE FOUND''
Any fix for that?

Sora Prince

Little Brother
thankyou now to find some rain :p

Goomy is actually able to be caught and know Rain Dance at the same time. If you make it use rain dance when it isnt raining and level it up in that battle, it should evolve from the rain

Sora Prince

Little Brother
If I bring Mawile to the Move Re-learner, will Iron Head and Play Rough be on the list to re-learn? It learns those moves at around lvl 50, but Serebii.net seems to have them as egg-moves too with "-". I know by the time i get to the Re-Learner, Mawile would have learned the moves by then, but I just not even sure if I want to raise a Mawile. Is it's movepool by level up good? :) (I looked at it, but I not sure)

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
If I bring Mawile to the Move Re-learner, will Iron Head and Play Rough be on the list to re-learn? It learns those moves at around lvl 50, but Serebii.net seems to have them as egg-moves too with "-". I know by the time i get to the Re-Learner, Mawile would have learned the moves by then, but I just not even sure if I want to raise a Mawile. Is it's movepool by level up good? :) (I looked at it, but I not sure)

Neither of those moves are egg moves for Mawile, but Mawile does learn those moves at level 1 as well as level 56 (Iron Head) and 60 (Play Rough). Since the moves are learned at level 1, you can have the move relearner teach them to Mawile at any time.

Sora Prince

Little Brother
Neither of those moves are egg moves for Mawile, but Mawile does learn those moves at level 1 as well as level 56 (Iron Head) and 60 (Play Rough). Since the moves are learned at level 1, you can have the move relearner teach them to Mawile at any time.

Thanks! I am going to use Mawile :D
Though Serebii also says Mawilite is in the Castle area before the Snorlax on the bridge, but I couldn't find it in there...Does anybody know where the mawilite is in x?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Goomy is actually able to be caught and know Rain Dance at the same time. If you make it use rain dance when it isnt raining and level it up in that battle, it should evolve from the rain

This is not true. Sliggoo will only evolve if there is natural rain. Using Rain Dance will not work.

Thanks! I am going to use Mawile :D
Though Serebii also says Mawilite is in the Castle area before the Snorlax on the bridge, but I couldn't find it in there...Does anybody know where the mawilite is in x?

You have to have defeated the Elite Four and gone to Anistar City between 8 and 9 PM to turn on the Sundial. This will cause the Mega Stones to appear and you can ONLY get them between 8 and 9 PM. Mawilite is in that castle on the second floor.

Kacho

You are next.
Don't be paranoid about Bad Eggs. The whole craze started because this Australian guy bought Pokemon X and Y sometime near the release date, and then after the first or second Gym, he noticed his Pokemon turning into Bad Eggs and becoming all corrupted. His first video about it is here, and then he made a follow-up video that explains more about where they came from here. Basically, in the end, he figured that his personal 3DS had a bad SD card that caused the glitch to happen, because he got the exact same glitch on both his X and Y version. The chances of two of his games being corrupted are almost zero unless the problem was hardware related and not software related. They cannot be traded in any way between games, and they cannot be put on Wonder Trade. They also never hatch.

Basically, these Eggs just appear in your box for seemingly no reason, but it's likely a hardware glitch on very very few 3DSes. There have been no known instances of people getting Wonder Traded Pokemon that turn into Bad Eggs that I can find anywhere. Basically people freaked out over what isn't a problem.

However, if you do happen to get a Bad Egg somehow, the only way to get rid of it is to restart your game. But if you get the Bad Egg, it probably means that your SD card is corrupted, so you'll just get it again. Anyway, you won't lose your Pokemon if you have PokeBank. Just put everything you want to keep on PokeBank, restart your game, and the glitch is gone. The only inconvenience is you'll have to play through the story again.
this is also going to sound dumb, but if i take a picture from my 3ds, is there a way to take the SD card and then upload to my laptop? lol.

not necessarily a pokemonq question, but i havent use the full extent of my 3ds. Though i would really like to upload my trainer's snapshots

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
this is also going to sound dumb, but if i take a picture from my 3ds, is there a way to take the SD card and then upload to my laptop? lol.

not necessarily a pokemonq question, but i havent use the full extent of my 3ds. Though i would really like to upload my trainer's snapshots

There are three ways to do this. The SD card in the 3DS is identical to SD cards that are used in digital cameras. All you have to do is take the SD card out of the 3DS, put it in your computer (if you have an SD card slot or SD card reader), and find the pictures and copy them. I just opened up mine to find where the pictures are for you. If you plug in your SD card to the computer and open it, there are 2 folders: 3DS and DCIM. Go to DCIM --> 100NIN03, and your pictures should all be right there to copy.

If you choose to do it this way, I have one warning for you - DO NOT, under ANY circumstances, move anything or delete anything in the "3DS" folder. You don't want to corrupt your game. I don't know what happens if you delete the pictures off of your card, but I doubt it hurts anything.

The second way to get the pictures is to get on the 3ds GlobalLink. Your latest picture will be there, and actually they all might be there. I'm not sure.

The third way is to set up a Dropbox account. Dropbox's "basic upload" feature is compatible with the 3DS browser, and you can upload your pictures to your computer straight from your 3DS.