• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

MaddieShinx

Pokémon Breeder
This may or may not be a dumb question, but if I have a both Male and Female Electrike with 5IV's each, (1 without HP, 1 without Sp. Atk) and using the Destiny Knot, are the chances of a 6IV high or low, or just kinda normal? I'd sorta like a grasp on my odds before wasting all that time breeding.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
This may or may not be a dumb question, but if I have a both Male and Female Electrike with 5IV's each, (1 without HP, 1 without Sp. Atk) and using the Destiny Knot, are the chances of a 6IV high or low, or just kinda normal? I'd sorta like a grasp on my odds before wasting all that time breeding.

That's not a dumb question. People want to know the chances of breeding a certain IV Pokemon all the time. The chances of getting a 6IV Pokemon from two 5IV parents who are missing different IVs are 1.047%, or ~1/96. That does not take into account if you want a certain gender or a certain ability. Electrike has no business being 6IV anyway; 31/x/31/31/31/31 is considered flawless for a competitive Electrike.

You can calculate the chances of getting certain IV'd Pokemon with certain shininess, gender, ability, etc. by using the calculator found at http://destinyknot.tk/ . I hope that helps you out a little :)

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX

Se habla español
Hi guys, don't know if this has been asked.
There's a legal way to obtain a Nidoking or NidoQ with Sheer Force and a Johto Ball?
Sorry for the silly question.

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
Hi guys, don't know if this has been asked.
There's a legal way to obtain a Nidoking or NidoQ with Sheer Force and a Johto Ball?
Sorry for the silly question.

Hidden abilities and Apricorn Balls cannot be combined together, because only a non-Ditto mother can pass on its Pokéball, and males can only pass on their hidden ability when Ditto facilitates as the mother.

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX

Se habla español
Hidden abilities and Apricorn Balls cannot be combined together, because only a non-Ditto mother can pass on its Pokéball, and males can only pass on their hidden ability when Ditto facilitates as the mother.

Thank you, that means I have seen a lot of hack pokemons.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
The event officially started on the 19th in Japan, although some were distributed on the 6th at the pre-release of the film.

Fanastic. So now I know if I get anything other then Japanese Diancie its fake.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Wrong. If a non-Japanese language game (remember you can set the language?) redeemed it, it would have that language attached, not a Japanese one.

Fake Diancies aren't tradeable.

That's not true. You can trade any sort of horribly hacked Pokemon you want through PSS. Diancie won't post on the GTS whether it's fake or real.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Hey, I have a question about seeing certain Pokemon in the Kalos dex (trying to get the Oval Charm). It looks like I can obtain almost all the Pokemon missing from the dex by catching and breeding Pokemon (I understand you only need to see them, but I can't seem to find any trainers who have those Pokemon). However, there are three that I don't see any way to get besides trading or using the Friend Safari. I'm playing X, and those three Pokemon are Spritzee, Slugma, and Yveltal. Is there any way to see any of these three Pokemon without trading or using Friend Safari?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Hey, I have a question about seeing certain Pokemon in the Kalos dex (trying to get the Oval Charm). It looks like I can obtain almost all the Pokemon missing from the dex by catching and breeding Pokemon (I understand you only need to see them, but I can't seem to find any trainers who have those Pokemon). However, there are three that I don't see any way to get besides trading or using the Friend Safari. I'm playing X, and those three Pokemon are Spritzee, Slugma, and Yveltal. Is there any way to see any of these three Pokemon without trading or using Friend Safari?
Slugma is the only one you can see without trading or using the Friend Safari, by using Rock Smash on the cracked boulders on Route 13. You may need to be a bit patient however as it is not guaranteed to appear.

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Slugma is the only one you can see without trading or using the Friend Safari, by using Rock Smash on the cracked boulders on Route 13. You may need to be a bit patient however as it is not guaranteed to appear.

Okay, thanks! I was originally gonna transfer a Slugma from Black 2, but this should be easier. For Yveltal, I was hoping there'd be a NPC or something similar to the one in Diamond/Pearl who showed you a picture of the non-exclusive legendary (Palkia for Diamond and vice versa) thus counting it as seen, but it seems there is none... I'd hate to trade away my Xerneas on the GTS for one, but that may be my only option now...

Last edited:

KamenAeons

Demon Legion (◕‿◕✿)
Okay, thanks! I was originally gonna transfer a Slugma from Black 2, but this should be easier. For Yveltal, I was hoping there'd be a NPC or something similar to the one in Diamond/Pearl who showed you a picture of the non-exclusive legendary (Palkia for Diamond and vice versa) thus counting it as seen, but it seems there is none... I'd hate to trade away my Xerneas on the GTS for one, but that may be my only option now...

If you ask around for a trade and trade back in the trade forums, you can easily get Yveltal without spending stuff.

Trevenant

Banned
That's not true. You can trade any sort of horribly hacked Pokemon you want through PSS. Diancie won't post on the GTS whether it's fake or real.
Horribly hacked pre-Gen 6 non-Kalos-born? Yes.
PowerSaves alters Pokemon's data in the same manner the game does. So... yes, it is cheating, and no, Nintendo can't do anything about it. "Fake" Diancie would be those originating from the illegitimate wondercards that even Datel says will not work as or pass as a real Diancie.

Navarch

I already caught a Jolly Fletchling, but Adamant is what I kinda wanted. Is there really a huge difference? Should I just keep the Jolly one? (They do not have Gale Wings BTW)

Trevenant

Banned
I already caught a Jolly Fletchling, but Adamant is what I kinda wanted. Is there really a huge difference? Should I just keep the Jolly one? (They do not have Gale Wings BTW)
If it doesn't have Gale Wings, it doesn't really matter as it wouldn't have much purpose competitively, which is why I assume you wanted the specific nature?
Still a great in-game Pokemon though - Acrobatics is nice and though Flame Charge is weak, it gets STAB and hits many things 2x/4x effectively.

Ciberdavid99

Can any of you please give me a Pokémon X or Y screenshot of an egg's move menu? I mean, watching the egg data from party menu, the screen in which you can see the moves. Thanks!

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
On the PSS, what does it mean if a friend is sorrounded by yellow or blueish purple lights?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Can any of you please give me a Pokémon X or Y screenshot of an egg's move menu? I mean, watching the egg data from party menu, the screen in which you can see the moves. Thanks!

Not sure what you're referring to - you can't see an Egg's "moves" until it hatches.

On the PSS, what does it mean if a friend is sorrounded by yellow or blueish purple lights?

It means that that friend is using an O-Power. If you click on them, you can get the same O-Power for free.

Hi guys i am trying to complete mi pokemon Y game and i am looking for friends to add, so i could use the safari pokemon.

This is my FC: 0190-0378-8444

if some would like to help me just, answer my reply with your FC and i will register.

Thanks to all.

Visit the Friend Safari FC Exchange Thread to exchange FCs with people.