• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Pachirisuuu

Trade with me
The Main site says you have to talk to him several days.
I only found 1 hiker in the hotels. He said something about Kalos being not bad.

So I suspect that's the one and what he tells you changes a little with each visit kind of like the Backpacker that gives you the strange souvenir.

Okay but I already now I have to talk to him for several days. I can't find him to start talking to him.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Don't know if this goes here, but if there a thread for trading pokes with transfer only moves?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Nope, there isn't.

Ah, okay-thanks. Should be, bet a lot of people would love it.

Anybody else's screen, lagging, for lack of a better word? Some places are just fine, but some parts of mine feel weird and 'lag'.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Ah, okay-thanks. Should be, bet a lot of people would love it.

Anybody else's screen, lagging, for lack of a better word? Some places are just fine, but some parts of mine feel weird and 'lag'.

Are you talking about Serebii lagging, or your game lagging?

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Are you talking about Serebii lagging, or your game lagging?

My game. Even weirder, some days its okay. And I should elaborate-it loads and such, okay, but when you touch it, you can feel it. That slow, weird feeling you get when you pet a muk? It feels like that all the time.

Separate question that popped in my head-does poison touch's chance combine with poison jab?

2074red2074

Shiny Collector
My game. Even weirder, some days its okay. And I should elaborate-it loads and such, okay, but when you touch it, you can feel it. That slow, weird feeling you get when you pet a muk? It feels like that all the time.

Separate question that popped in my head-does poison touch's chance combine with poison jab?
Yes and no. Instead of having a 50% chance of poisoning, you get two separate rolls, one with 20% and one with 30%. It comes out to a 46% chance to poison.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Yes and no. Instead of having a 50% chance of poisoning, you get two separate rolls, one with 20% and one with 30%. It comes out to a 46% chance to poison.

I like those odds. Thanks.

And may I take this moment to feel cheated that seismitoad gets no physical water moves.

Pachirisuuu

Trade with me
No one answered my last question still lmao wow. I'll ask more wimple. I don't know where the guy who trades you a magikarp is. I know what I have to do. I know where Jes supposed to be. But I can't find him.

New question below

I don't get how people do the 30/31/32/31/31/0 thing.
It doesn't tell you the exact numbers when you talk to the iv guy.
Also people saying a pokemon has no IVs is a lie, because every Pokemon has at least one iv. It doesn't make sense.
Someone please tell me why people do that.

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
No one answered my last question still lmao wow. I'll ask more wimple. I don't know where the guy who trades you a magikarp is. I know what I have to do. I know where Jes supposed to be. But I can't find him.

New question below

I don't get how people do the 30/31/32/31/31/0 thing.
It doesn't tell you the exact numbers when you talk to the iv guy.
Also people saying a pokemon has no IVs is a lie, because every Pokemon has at least one iv. It doesn't make sense.
Someone please tell me why people do that.

The Magikarp guy is in a random hotel. It will be different every day where he is. You find him every day and he talks about his "Super Special" Magikarp. Talk to him for several real-time days in a row and he will offer to trade it for a Gyarados. Changing your DS time won't work. You have to do this for several days in a row.

The IV guy in Kiloude tells you whether a Pokemon's IVs are 31 or 0 or something in between, and he also tells you what the highest IVs of your Pokemon are. You know what your IVs are based on his sayings:

Bulbapedia said:
After selecting a Pokémon
"I see... I see.."
"This Pokémon's potential is <Pokémon's potential> overall."
"That's how I judge it, anyway."

Highest individual stat
"Incidentally, I would say its greatest potential lies in its <best stat>"
(If the Pokémon has two or more equally good best stats, then he will add one of the following lines:)
"But its Attack stat is good, too."
"Hmm. And its Defense stat is good, too."
"Although its Sp. Atk stat is equally good."
"Its Sp. Def stat seems just as good, though."
"And, well, its Speed stat is good, too."

To describe the value of the Pokémon's highest IV(s), he will use one of the following lines:

IV range of 0-15: "It has rather decent stats, I'd say. That's how I judge it."
IV range of 16-25: "It's definitely got some good stats. That's how I judge it."
IV range 26-30: "This Pokémon has some fantastic stats. That's how I judge it."
IV of 31: "Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it."

Lowest individual stat

If a Pokémon has any IV of 0, he will use one of the following lines:
"But its HP... It's pretty dismal, you know?"
"But that Attack stat... It's terrible..."
"But how can you make it through battle with this kind of Defense stat?"
"But this Sp. Atk won't even leave a scratch on an opponent..."
"But this low of a Sp. Def stat is going to leave you high and dry..."
"But you won't get anywhere fast with this low of a Speed stat..."
(And if there are 2 or more IVs of 0, then he will also use one of the following lines:)
"And that's quite a disappointing Attack stat there, isn't it?"
"And that Defense stat is nothing to write home about, you know?"
"And I'm afraid that its Sp. Atk is pretty bad, too..."
"And it looks like it's no great shakes when it comes to Sp. Def either..."
"And that Speed stat... Well, it's nothing to brag about, that's for sure."
In the rare event that all six of the Pokémon's IVs are 0, then he will describe how all its stats are its best stats, and then describe how all of them are bad.

If someone says a Pokemon has "no IVs" in a stat, it means that stat has an IV of 0. If someone says a Pokemon has "no IVs", it means the spread is 0/0/0/0/0/0. I've never seen a Pokemon with no IVs before because no one breeds for that.

Last edited:

Pachirisuuu

Trade with me
The Magikarp guy is in a random hotel. It will be different every day where he is. You find him every day and he talks about his "Super Special" Magikarp. Talk to him for several real-time days in a row and he will offer to trade it for a Gyarados. Changing your DS time won't work. You have to do this for several days in a row.

The IV guy in Kiloude tells you whether a Pokemon's IVs are 31 or 0 or something in between, and he also tells you what the highest IVs of your Pokemon are. You know what your IVs are based on his sayings:

If someone says a Pokemon has "no IVs" in a stat, it means that stat has an IV of 0. If someone says a Pokemon has "no IVs", it means the spread is 0/0/0/0/0/0. I've never seen a Pokemon with no IVs before because no one breeds for that.

I don't know how many times I have to say this.

I already know where he is supposed to be, and I already know he's in random hotels and I know what to do. I looked in every hotel. He isn't there.

But thanks for helping me

LLR

Vivillon Trader
I don't know how many times I have to say this.

I already know where he is supposed to be, and I already know he's in random hotels and I know what to do. I looked in every hotel. He isn't there.

But thanks for helping me

Did you find ANY Hikers?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I did my first online battle on pkmn X today ans I had my zoroark on the team. I had 2 other pkmn who had access to the moves my zoroark had. my zoroark did faint in the end from status and non damaging moves but it did the trick in the end. my question is: does the opponent only find out which pkmn its imitating when a revealing attack or phusical damage is taken? im sure the opponent saw it listed in the pkmn roster before you chose the order.

Ice Lock

Hello!
I did my first online battle on pkmn X today ans I had my zoroark on the team. I had 2 other pkmn who had access to the moves my zoroark had. my zoroark did faint in the end from status and non damaging moves but it did the trick in the end. my question is: does the opponent only find out which pkmn its imitating when a revealing attack or phusical damage is taken? im sure the opponent saw it listed in the pkmn roster before you chose the order.

With Zoroark's ability, it'll copy whoever is the last member of the team and pose as that pokemon. This will break the moment the opponent has done damage to zoroark, the illusion does not break from weather effects, hazards and status effects, recoil, subs, life orb etc.

As for identifying a Zoroark, breaking the illusion alone isn't the only way but thanks to the opponent being able to see the roster it's usually easy to guess when zororak will come into play due to being able to guess the pokemon most likely to lead and situations where it could come into play and what would be an ideal pokemon for zororak to pose as. Another way to spot a zoro is if it's using moves that the pokemon it is posing as shouldn't be able to use or if the pokemon you are posing as is faster than normal, even if you use similar moves and you are doing more damage than the pokemon you are posing, it can give it away. Some cases players may just attack with neutral coverage to be on the safe side.

EDIT: Sorry, it copies the last member of the team or the next one conscious.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
With Zoroark's ability, it'll copy whoever is leading and pose as that pokemon. This will break the moment the opponent has done damage to zoroark, the illusion does not break from weather effects, hazards and status effects.

As for identifying a Zoroark, breaking the illusion alone isn't the only way but thanks to the opponent being able to see the roster it's usually easy to guess when zororak will come into play due to being able to guess the pokemon most likely to lead and situations where it could come into play. Another way to spot a zoro is if it's using moves that the pokemon it is posing as shouldn't be able to use or if the pokemon you are posing as is faster than normal, even if you use similar moves and you are doing more damage than the pokemon you are posing it can give it away. Some cases players may just attack with neutral coverage to be on the safe side.

ty for the reply Great Horned Owl, I chose timid zoroark mostly for its mischevious nature in the anime DP but I also like its ability for the tricks and seeing abnormal attacks. lol its funny to see a shiny minun use flamethrower. I know its limitations and its a bit disappointing from the defensive side but I don't think i'll take it off the team as its a fav for me. I do not appreciate those fake out attacks on zoro either but I cant do much about that. that aside, I think its was a bit suspicious when talon flame used flamethrower or dark pulse lol. I was actually expecting the illusion to drop but I was lucky there were now fairy or fighting types there. am I correct is guessing Zoro shows undisguised when they preview of your opponents? or do you see a duplicate of the 6th pkmn.

you got a good point there for flushing out Zoro. I totally forgot that the attack may do more damage than one would. id have to be careful with zoro in the future and probably give it a lum berry. is Zoro a common pkmn to see on a team? I had talonflame and delphox as a possible disguise.

I got flamethrower,dark pulse, nasty plot and focus blast on zoro. would taunt be better for a team than nasty plot? I did replace taunt for focus blast as I wasn't sure if I should power up the moves or stop status moves. on another side note, im a flygon fan for stealth rock/levitate reasons. is flygon common on teams also?

Last edited:

Ice Lock

Hello!
They'll see zororak in the preview undisguised, so they'll be aware of it for the whole match. With the partners you've mentioned so far, delphfox would be best to pose, there are other options out there such as gengar, who would be a good partner to try with zororak since they can cover each other's weaknesses and they both use focus blast.

As for zoro and flygon being a common pokemon, I really can't give an opinion on that I'm afraid, since I don't play battle spot or games with VGC ruleset.

But as for the set, don't worry about status since it won't give you away nor does zoro has the bulk to withstand a single attack in most cases. Items you should be considering is either a focus sash or you could swap out nasty plot with trick and use a choice specs set and trick has a nice benefit of shutting down defensive threats that could wall your team or you could give it to something that wouldn't want it (though, use this with caution and avoid giving it to a pokemon that won't mind it). The current moveset looks to be fine at the moment, I wouldn't change it at all unless you are going for choice specs.

Last edited:

KillerDraco

is Zoro a common pkmn to see on a team?

is flygon common on teams also?

As for zoro and flygon being a common pokemon, I really can't give an opinion on that I'm afraid, since I don't play battle spot or games with VGC ruleset.

I can answer that. The answer is no, neither is particularly common. Zoroark's frailty makes easy to pick off, and it doesn't hit especially hard to compensate for that frailty. Illusion is solely a mind-game tool, but it's not always failproof, given there are a number of things that can give it away (team preview will also keep them aware, as well). Flygon isn't seen simply due to the existence of Garchomp, whose all around superior stats make it a better choice 99 times out of 100.