• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

nel3

Crimson Dragon
They'll see zororak in the preview undisguised, so they'll be aware of it for the whole match. With the partners you've mentioned so far, delphfox would be best to pose, there are other options out there such as gengar, who would be a good partner to try with zororak since they can cover each other's weaknesses and they both use focus blast.

As for zoro and flygon being a common pokemon, I really can't give an opinion on that I'm afraid, since I don't play battle spot or games with VGC ruleset.

But as for the set, don't worry about status since it won't give you away nor does zoro has the bulk to withstand a single attack in most cases. Items you should be considering is either a focus sash or you could swap out nasty plot with trick and use a choice specs set and trick has a nice benefit of shutting down defensive threats that could wall your team or you could give it to something that wouldn't want it (though, use this with caution and avoid giving it to a pokemon that won't mind it). The current moveset looks to be fine at the moment, I wouldn't change it at all unless you are going for choice specs.

ty for the info Great Horned Owl. id rather go the focus band route for better chances, and leave choice specs out of it. in HG I triggered a focus band on an opponent 4 times..... im not much into locking into a move. a buneary?? did switcheroo to me in HG battle zone and that Flygon was stuck with dragon claw??. it wasn't easy but I got past it.

my flygon is admant with e-quake, rockslide, dragon claw and crunch. crunch is useful on certain occasions but the other 3 are the mainstay attacks. rockslide actually saved me in my battle as the lapras survived 1 rockslide but flinched to lose the fight. I regularly lose in speed to that cursed purugly or faster pkmn. its more of a struggle to target steel or ghost/psychic crunch or a fire attack though no spa EVs were distributed (skarmory/ forteress)

I don't really follow certain rules but put those which ring a cord with me. im known to use sub par pkmn in game (offline) ie HG battle frontier-flygon, dewgong (hydration), raikou

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
The IV guy in Kiloude tells you whether a Pokemon's IVs are 31 or 0 or something in between, and he also tells you what the highest IVs of your Pokemon are. You know what your IVs are based on his sayings:

If someone says a Pokemon has "no IVs" in a stat, it means that stat has an IV of 0. If someone says a Pokemon has "no IVs", it means the spread is 0/0/0/0/0/0. I've never seen a Pokemon with no IVs before because no one breeds for that.

I'm pretty sure saying "no IVs" is a shortened/lazy way of saying "no perfect IVs" or "no stats with a 31 IV", not a way of saying they have all 0s.

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder
Will a code I get in the US work for someone in the UK?

Specifically the Shiny Gengar event, I'm going to give the code to someone in the UK and I got it at a Gamestop in the US.... will it work for them?

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Will a code I get in the US work for someone in the UK?

Specifically the Shiny Gengar event, I'm going to give the code to someone in the UK and I got it at a Gamestop in the US.... will it work for them?

I don't think so.

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
No it wont, they're region specific.

Ice Lock

Hello!
I just got a copy of black 2 from a friend who didn't want it anymore and I've noticed you can get pokemon with visual effects like N's pokemon. Do these effects work in XY?

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
I just got a copy of black 2 from a friend who didn't want it anymore and I've noticed you can get pokemon with visual effects like N's pokemon. Do these effects work in XY?
I think "movie star" status doesn't transfer up into X/Y because I don't think it was coded.Not 100% sure because I can't transfer,but I'm about 90% sure it doesn't transfer with it.

LLR

Vivillon Trader

It was reported when Bank first came out than N's pokemon lost their sparkles.
I did not test it. I left mine in my White game.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

I see that mamoswine learned knock off from b/w2 tutors. It can breed with dophan, that learns it naturally. Could I breed a donphan with a mamoswine and get a swinub with knock off?

DSDark

Breeder
I see that mamoswine learned knock off from b/w2 tutors. It can breed with dophan, that learns it naturally. Could I breed a donphan with a mamoswine and get a swinub with knock off?

No you can't knock off is not an egg move for swinub

CrusherTheFeraligatr

^Darn, hoping that would work-he needs more coverage. Thanks guys.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I can answer that. The answer is no, neither is particularly common. Zoroark's frailty makes easy to pick off, and it doesn't hit especially hard to compensate for that frailty. Illusion is solely a mind-game tool, but it's not always failproof, given there are a number of things that can give it away (team preview will also keep them aware, as well). Flygon isn't seen simply due to the existence of Garchomp, whose all around superior stats make it a better choice 99 times out of 100.

ty for the reply KilerDraco, I must have been typing my other response to GHO when you posted it. I know Zoro isn't the best but I just like having it around.

I did chose Flygon for a few reasons. ground typing paired with levitate made it a favorite choice when I play HG and it still continues. there's been a few times I was saved by levitate during HG when a super effective/neutral ground attack saved my battle (for a teammate). I chose Flygon over Garchomp willingly as a personal choice. the pkmn design also appeals to me or the unique look. it was pretty decent typing before the Fairy moves came in. both Flygon and Garchomp have become more vulnerable due to the fairy type attack now. I usually didn't have to worry about that in HG, XY is a different story.

imo Garchomp and Flygon have similar stats aside atk but I can see most will got for the better attack stat. both do seem to have similar popular movesets and there's usually fire blast to them. what damage does fire blast do for either pkmn when its relying on the natural SPA stat? ie my Flygon has 371atk and only 170 SPA at lvl 100, its not either a 2iv or more individual (29SDF). in this case i'm not including MegaGarchomp

Last edited:

KillerDraco

it was pretty decent typing before the Fairy moves came in. both Flygon and Garchomp have become more vulnerable due to the fairy type attack now. I usually didn't have to worry about that in HG, XY is a different story.

Not really. Dragon/Ground is still good, as most Fairies not named Whimsicott or Togekiss tend to be 2HKO'ed by Earthquake (at least from Garchomp), so the introduction of Fairy types wasn't an insurmountable obstacle.

imo Garchomp and Flygon have similar stats aside atk but I can see most will got for the better attack stat.

Garchomp's stats are all superior barring Special Attack, which is equal. The base 102 speed is also important since, with a Scarf, it manages to outspeed +1 Base 100's, such as Jolly Mega Charizard X after a Dragon Dance, or Volcarona after a Quiver Dance, whereas Flygon would speed tie with them.

both do seem to have similar popular movesets and there's usually fire blast to them. what damage does fire blast do for either pkmn when its relying on the natural SPA stat? ie my Flygon has 371atk and only 170 SPA at lvl 100, its not either a 2iv or more individual (29SDF). in this case i'm not including MegaGarchomp

Fire Blast lets them get past Skarmory and physical Ferrothorn. Flygon carries it less often since Garchomp usually takes that team space in formats where Skarmory and Ferrothorn aren't separated from Flygon by tier. Flygon has two moves that help set it apart from Garchomp; one is U-Turn, and the other is Defog. More often than not though, it's not enough of a niche to justify Flygon in areas where you can use Garchomp.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Does the Diancie event have a guaranteed 3 IVs? I just got a Naive Diance with 31/31/x/x/31/x, and I'm not sure if the 3 perfect IVs was luck or if they're guaranteed like Mewtwo's were.

KillerDraco

Does the Diancie event have a guaranteed 3 IVs? I just got a Naive Diance with 31/31/x/x/31/x, and I'm not sure if the 3 perfect IVs was luck or if they're guaranteed like Mewtwo's were.

As far as I'm aware, all legendaries obtained in Gen 6, be it in-game or event, are supposed to have a guaranteed 3 perfect IVs.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Not really. Dragon/Ground is still good, as most Fairies not named Whimsicott or Togekiss tend to be 2HKO'ed by Earthquake (at least from Garchomp), so the introduction of Fairy types wasn't an insurmountable obstacle.

Garchomp's stats are all superior barring Special Attack, which is equal. The base 102 speed is also important since, with a Scarf, it manages to outspeed +1 Base 100's, such as Jolly Mega Charizard X after a Dragon Dance, or Volcarona after a Quiver Dance, whereas Flygon would speed tie with them.

Fire Blast lets them get past Skarmory and physical Ferrothorn. Flygon carries it less often since Garchomp usually takes that team space in formats where Skarmory and Ferrothorn aren't separated from Flygon by tier. Flygon has two moves that help set it apart from Garchomp; one is U-Turn, and the other is Defog. More often than not though, it's not enough of a niche to justify Flygon in areas where you can use Garchomp.

TY for the reply KillerDraco. my main worries are moon blast, play rough and one other as far as fairy moves go. a few normal/psychic pkmn have had a fairy type added to it whish was my main concern. still 2-3 main weaknesses isn't to bad to deal with given many dual typed pkmn out there.

that 2 point difference does make quite the difference then bewtween 100 speed and 102 speed. I didn't really think about the difference of 2 points before there.

ive had plenty of trouble with Skarmory and Ferrothorn in HG especially when a rock move is absent for fly. its the only 2 that I really worry about. though the flying legendaries are a pain when I don have a rock atk on my HG flygon. ive since learned from that and left fly off it but i'll probably have one sometime later on with fly for regular use and one without for battles. I don't think I ever kept U-turn on any pkmn so far. I can see the use but Im usually stubborn and rather keep them on the playing field unless I do it for a baton pass move.

I guess I just value levitate for safer entries over Garchomps's abilities.

btw I was meaning to ask this, is focus band considered unfair for online battling? I do plan on getting that for Zoro for offline purposes but given sash goes after 1 hit while band stays is a bit questionable for online.

Last edited:

rocky505

As far as I'm aware, all legendaries obtained in Gen 6, be it in-game or event, are supposed to have a guaranteed 3 perfect IVs.

My Diancie isn't getting 3 Guaranteed IVs. My Japanese does but my NA one isn't having 3 31 IVs at all

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So..... tried entering my Diancie code but apparently maintenance is going on. What?
How long until I can get her?