• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So..... tried entering my Diancie code but apparently maintenance is going on. What?
How long until I can get her?

When the maintenance is done.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
What does 1.3 do, exactly?

Pachirisuuu

Trade with me
When i connected to the internet today it says a newer version of this software is required.

I went to the eshop and typed in pokemon x y but dont see anything. Idk what to do.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
When i connected to the internet today it says a newer version of this software is required.

I went to the eshop and typed in pokemon x y but dont see anything. Idk what to do.

It's there; I just downloaded 1.3 for my X and my Y versions. For my Pokemon X version, I went to the "New Releases" selection and it was one of the suggestions. For Pokemon Y, I had more trouble - I had to go to the Search feature and type in Pokemon, and then I scrolled through a bunch of downloads before I found it. For some reason, these updates are not as accessible as the last ones.

LLR

Vivillon Trader

Wait. When I try to connect to the Internet I got a server maintenance message.
There was supposed to be a 27 hr scheduled maintenance starting late yesterday.

Pachirisuuu

Trade with me
It's there; I just downloaded 1.3 for my X and my Y versions. For my Pokemon X version, I went to the "New Releases" selection and it was one of the suggestions. For Pokemon Y, I had more trouble - I had to go to the Search feature and type in Pokemon, and then I scrolled through a bunch of downloads before I found it. For some reason, these updates are not as accessible as the last ones.

I somehow found it on accident just now

But i thought you had to type x y not just x
Thats why i couldnt find it
But thanks

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
^About this, I've heard hacked pokemon are disappearing? I don't have any, but is that true or myth? If it is, makes me feel better about trading.

2074red2074

Shiny Collector
So my brother's Diancie had no IV's (except 0 Atk). Is this normal? Our Gengar also had what seemed to be completely random IV's. I haven't tried my Diancie yet.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
So my brother's Diancie had no IV's (except 0 Atk). Is this normal? Our Gengar also had what seemed to be completely random IV's. I haven't tried my Diancie yet.

Diancie is guaranteed 3 perfect IVs. Gengar isn't guaranteed any IVs. Did you take the Diancie to the Kiloude IV checker, or did you use a calculator?

stephport

quick question hoping someone here can help me, can't find the answer to this ANY WHERE. so I just finished my update, and went to battle a few friends and each time they were told they couldn't battle the other party's pokemon. I literally battled with an identical team 3 hours ago, and now it won't let me. I have greninja, talonflame, mew, diancie, sylveon, and blastoise in my party. anyone know what's up?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
quick question hoping someone here can help me, can't find the answer to this ANY WHERE. so I just finished my update, and went to battle a few friends and each time they were told they couldn't battle the other party's pokemon. I literally battled with an identical team 3 hours ago, and now it won't let me. I have greninja, talonflame, mew, diancie, sylveon, and blastoise in my party. anyone know what's up?

I'm having a similar issue; I can't get a trade for Diancie done because I get a message that says "there's a Pokemon that can't be traded on the other player's party" or something like that. It started when I downloaded the new patch.

rocky505

Diancie is guaranteed 3 perfect IVs. Gengar isn't guaranteed any IVs. Did you take the Diancie to the Kiloude IV checker, or did you use a calculator?
Apparently not. Neither of my Diancie had 3 Perfect IVs and other people have had this problem on other forums.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Apparently not. Neither of my Diancie had 3 Perfect IVs and other people have had this problem on other forums.

I think all of these Diancie problems are 1.3 patch related. I SR'd probably 50
times for a Naive or Quiet Diancie with a good IV spread and EVERY time I checked IVs, it had 3 perfect ones. This was before the 1.3 patch. I didn't start seeing no-IV Diancie discussions until last night and with all of the trading and battling issues people are having with Diancie now, I'm thinking there's a glitch going on here.

TLDR; I SR'd for Diancie IVs before the 1.3 patch ad every time I had 3 perfect IVs. Now post-patch, people are saying their Diancie don't have IVs.

XlordgoldX

Hi 5s & stage dives
I couldn't find the answer for this anywhere. I have a few extra Gamestop Diancie codes (US), and I was wondering if somebody in another region like Europe or Japan could redeem them?

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
I couldn't find the answer for this anywhere. I have a few extra Gamestop Diancie codes (US), and I was wondering if somebody in another region like Europe or Japan could redeem them?

The Gamestop Diancie codes can only be redeemed on North American games (i.e. US, Canada, Mexico, and maybe Latin America too).

XlordgoldX

Hi 5s & stage dives
The Gamestop Diancie codes can only be redeemed on North American games (i.e. US, Canada, Mexico, and maybe Latin America too).

Damn, lol. Thank you though for the quick response!

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
Hi, do you guys know how to get shiny Zapdos? I have to met this bird at least 12 times and then save the game before battle Zapdos just in case if I can restart it until I get shiny, no?