• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder
Has anyone found out anything about Diancie yet?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Has anyone found out anything about Diancie yet?

Depends on what you meant.

EDIT: Or maybe you meant this?

Yeah you can trade anything with friends and I believe passerbys as well..... This person is a friend and it won't let me trade my Diancie

EDIT: My Diancie can make it through PokeBank.... still can't trade it through Wifi with a friend

EDIT 2: My friend and I both downloaded the newest 3DS system update.... still can't trade my Diancie

You're not the only one, it seems that the OCT2014 Diancie cannot be traded, period.

Some speculate this is to prevent cloning or because the OCT2014 Diancie will be the only Diancie in non-Japan version OR/AS to be able to give you access to Diancite.

ninjaethan

Konnichiwa ~!
Why am I getting berries after almost every battle?

It says from the Aftermath, but my Pokemon doesn't have Aftermath...? Lol

ninjaethan

Konnichiwa ~!
Oh, OK

I thought it was referring to the Ability

Thanks ^^

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Is there a page somewhere with a type chart including all possible outcomes of adding ghost via trick-or-treat?

Zora

perpetually tired
question:

suppose that I restart my Pokemon X game. Is it possible to re-obtain any event Pokemon in such a circumstance?

e.g. can I get a second diancie (hypothetically) by restarting pokemon X?

MaddieShinx

Pokémon Breeder
question:

suppose that I restart my Pokemon X game. Is it possible to re-obtain any event Pokemon in such a circumstance?

The only way to get the events like Diance again would be to enter another code, I believe. past events obtained from codes, on the other hand, you would have to trade for since time has expired.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
ive just finished a 5iv charmander series. I have 6 5iv pkmn, one was used to pass on dragon dance and it had its turn in the day care. another one of the 6 5iv I got has 0spa iv, I do plan on using 1 of 6 for my own use. can someone still pass on dragon dance for the one I left in day care it I relearn it with a heart scale. I do plan on trading the others on GTS and im thinking of keeping the 0spa for myself (or just leave it in the box.)

don't mind the missing question marks, my keyboard is stuck on accents for lettering atm.....

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
question:

I would think that, as long as you had access to multiples of any event (ie multiple Diancie codes) and restarted your X completely, you would be able to keep getting more of the event Pokémon.

I have both multiple Diancie codes and a spare copy of X. I will try it out and let you know.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
ive just finished a 5iv charmander series. I have 6 5iv pkmn, one was used to pass on dragon dance and it had its turn in the day care. another one of the 6 5iv I got has 0spa iv, I do plan on using 1 of 6 for my own use. can someone still pass on dragon dance for the one I left in day care it I relearn it with a heart scale. I do plan on trading the others on GTS and im thinking of keeping the 0spa for myself (or just leave it in the box.)

don't mind the missing question marks, my keyboard is stuck on accents for lettering atm.....
So you're wondering if you can relearn an egg move if it loses it? If that's the question, no you can't unfortunately.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Really? That's new. Wait, did I read once that event moves that aren't normally learned via level-up could be relearned as well, or is that wrong?

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Really? That's new. Wait, did I read once that event moves that aren't normally learned via level-up could be relearned as well, or is that wrong?

Not too sure about event moves, my guess would be that they would not be relearn-able.
I have yet to test this theory, though?

Crystagon

Event-exclusive moves can actually be relearned, but it only works with Pokemon obtained in Generation VI.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Event-exclusive moves can actually be relearned, but it only works with Pokemon obtained in Generation VI.

Oh really? Huh. You learn something new everyday.
So you mean if I transfer a Pokémon from Gen V with an event move and then delete that move, it can't relearn it?

Crystagon

Oh really? Huh. You learn something new everyday.
So you mean if I transfer a Pokémon from Gen V with an event move and then delete that move, it can't relearn it?
No, it won't be able to relearn it.

From Bulbapedia:
"In Generation VI, any Pokémon bred or obtained in a Generation VI game may also be taught any move it knew when it hatched or was obtained. This includes Egg moves, Volt Tackle bred onto Pichu, and event-exclusive moves such as the Pokémon Center Tokyo Bay Inkay's Happy Hour."

So, for example, a V-Create Rayquaza from Gen V won't be able to relearn V-Create once forgotten.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
No, it won't be able to relearn it.

From Bulbapedia:
"In Generation VI, any Pokémon bred or obtained in a Generation VI game may also be taught any move it knew when it hatched or was obtained. This includes Egg moves, Volt Tackle bred onto Pichu, and event-exclusive moves such as the Pokémon Center Tokyo Bay Inkay's Happy Hour."

So, for example, a V-Create Rayquaza from Gen V won't be able to relearn V-Create once forgotten.

That kind of sucks, but at the same time why would you want to delete event moves from any Pokémon?

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Thx. Dang, wish they could relearn all level-up moves, egg moves it had, and other special moves it had...and moves it knew as past evo but doesn't have as current evo (example my munna knew yawn, but couldn't relearn it in gen 5 after losing it).

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Thx. Dang, wish they could relearn all level-up moves, egg moves it had, and other special moves it had...and moves it knew as past evo but doesn't have as current evo (example my munna knew yawn, but couldn't relearn it in gen 5 after losing it).

I agree with that part about evolutions not having access to pre-evolution moves. This is especially prevalent in Pokémon that evolve by evolutionary stone, and it's quite annoying.