• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Arceus is an event pokemon right? I don't need him to get the Shiny charm?

That is correct. You don't need Arceus.

ninjaethan

Konnichiwa ~!
This is quite common lately.. :|

What does 'You cannot battle against the other players party' mean?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
just how do you get these event cards? I never familiarized myself with these event features though. I wouldn't mind getting one so I can use it to trade up and fill my legendary dex.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
just how do you get these event cards? I never familiarized myself with these event features though. I wouldn't mind getting one so I can use it to trade up and fill my legendary dex.

Events are time limited, and often location limited, so You may visit a location with your 3DS with your Pokémon game in a certain time period. Some Events such as the current online one only offers it to Hoenn pair, ORAS. Most events have a "guide" website or a leafet on how to use it. For Example the current ORAS event: http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-gb/pokemon/get-a-shiny-beldum

In short, keep an eye on Serebii.net front page, and also pokémon.com.

EDIT: There are no events announced or running for X or Y. The exact method is the same.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
ty very much, I figured the 3ds was needed for it but wasn't sure if you had to pay for a card/event.

Mayve

I was just wondering if I trade an eevee to my omega ruby game and have the move tutor teach it iron tail will I be able to trade it back to my pokemon x game?

Ice Lock

Hello!
I was just wondering if I trade an eevee to my omega ruby game and have the move tutor teach it iron tail will I be able to trade it back to my pokemon x game?

Move tutors from gen 5 and ORAS is legal to XY. So you should have no issues getting your eevee back to XY via bank or using two 3DS.

I have a IV question. Ok so i'm new to the concept of IV breeding. I was wondering i have a Dratini with perfect IVs in hp, attack, defense, and speed. What i was wondering was what would be the best pokemon to breed with it to get the other 2 perfect IVs?
Thanks!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I have a IV question. Ok so i'm new to the concept of IV breeding. I was wondering i have a Dratini with perfect IVs in hp, attack, defense, and speed. What i was wondering was what would be the best pokemon to breed with it to get the other 2 perfect IVs?
Thanks!

There is no best Pokemon, IVs are passed down at random, IVs that aren't passed down are randomly generated. It makes no statistical difference which Pokemon you use.

There is no best Pokemon, IVs are passed down at random, IVs that aren't passed down are randomly generated. It makes no statistical difference which Pokemon you use.

Ok Thanks!

nel3

Crimson Dragon
can trading with ORAS versions still give you access to XY friend safari plots if you're playing XY?

can trading with ORAS versions still give you access to XY friend safari plots if you're playing XY?

Trading between XY and ORAS versions will not work. You can only access Friend Safaris if you have another persons 3DS Friend Code registered on your 3DS system.
Something to note, even if the 3DS Friend Code belonging to that person doesn't have or play Pokemon XY, you'll still have access to their Friend Safari regardless, minus one Pokemon from the three you would find.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
ty very much Paladin. it also can solve the reason why some of my p2p battle challenges had some error to cancel the request.

Last edited:

Elfwink

Is it possible to transfer Pokemon from DPP cartridges into XYORAS?

Ice Lock

Hello!
Is it possible to transfer Pokemon from DPP cartridges into XYORAS?

It is, but you'll need to transfer the pokemon from DPPt to BW/BW2 first, which requires two DS (3DS also counts).

With only one 3DS needed, you can then transfer the pokemon over from BW to the pokemon bank via the poke transporter(this comes with the bank app as an optional download). From the pokemon bank you'll be able to transfer the pokemon to your XY/ORAS save file.

For the pokemon bank app you will need to pay for a subscription to be able to use it, which lasts for one year.

Last edited:

Elfwink

It is, but you'll need to transfer the pokemon from DPPt to BW/BW2 first, which requires two DS (3DS also counts).

With only one 3DS needed, you can then transfer the pokemon over from BW to the pokemon bank via the poke transporter(this comes with the bank app as an optional download). From the pokemon bank you'll be able to transfer the pokemon to your XY/ORAS save file.

For the pokemon bank app you will need to pay for a subscription to be able to use it, which lasts for one year.

Arg, that sounds like a lot of work!

Well, the main purpose of this was to challenge myself to get a complete Pokedex. I guess I can get most of what I need from trades.

After checking the other pages to see if someone answered my question, it appears no one has noticed? Since it went unanswered in over a month, I'll repeat it one more time.

I've been trying to figure out which two Pokemon would be best suited for Natural Object farming, similarity to that of a HM Slave. Since the total number of moves needed to break all types of objects is five, a second Pokemon is necessary.
What two Pokemon would work? Note that these Pokemon must be obtainable as early as possible without trading.

DavidD001

why is a Kakuna safari so rare?

I've been looking for a Kakuna safari for several months so that i can try to get Sniper Beedrills but every time i search for a Kakuna safari somewhere...the thread either gets closed, locked, archived etc.

I've posted that I'm searching for a Kakuna safari but I get no kind of reply.
Why is a Kakuna safari so rare?