• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Ok thanks for that! The only thing I need would be a backwards compatible Wii and Colosseum which I was going to rebuy, every thing else I have.

One last question. I know that the older games you can't use Wi-Fi due to server being shutdown can you still do the transfers it's been a few years so I have forgotten.
Thanks again for the info.

The GC compatible Wii should be easy to find in Second hand store.

Yes, you can still transfer from Generation 4 to 5. I've done it last few weeks. Nintendo has shut down any "online" funtion of the DS Pokémon games. They can't remove funtions such as Local trading or Local Battling.

cocomonpetitcoq

I would assume it's awarded once the player talks to their mother to heal their pokémon.

Thanks. I will try that. If it doesn't wok, I'll come back.

Edit: So, it didn't work. What should I try then?

Edit2: It worked! I just needed to have a sick Pokemon in order to have the mom heal it and then get the badge.

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I was just wondering when the whole internet was stopping for xy. I dont care about the global link whatever.

We honestly don't know a date. It really would have to do with the 3DS and NX sales.

With the DS, (Gen 4 and 5) I suspect it was more down to a 3rd party who was closing their servers, than Nintendo choosing that date.

BCVM22

I was just wondering when the whole internet was stopping for xy. I dont care about the global link whatever.

Far into the future. The shutdown of online services for Generations IV and V was tied to the Wii and DS hardware and the shutdown of their servers, not the games themselves.

S3OL

Not allowed to make my own threads so... Does anybody have a safari with Spritzee/Swirlix or both? Both would be more appreciated in all honesty. Thanks in advance!

TiredButAwake

Why are they doing maintenance

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Why are they doing maintenance

Depends. I heard that in data centres where most itnernet servers are: Some of it to make sure the Data is all backup correctly. Others is to replace or add hardware. Would you either have a afternoon without your online game or wait until faulty hardware that during repairs will delete everything you've done.

I've experienced both.. I prefer loosing a afternoon over years of work. It's been a long time since Serebii had a massive loss of Data.. Mind you there was Minor one a few year back.

Last edited:

TiredButAwake

I was wondering if all battles are going to stop or if its just battlespot or global link or whatever its called

cocomonpetitcoq

It's only the rating battles that will end. You'll still be able to battle through the Free Battle in the Battle Spot. This is why I was wondering when the current season would end.

TiredButAwake

It's only the rating battles that will end. You'll still be able to battle through the Free Battle in the Battle Spot. This is why I was wondering when the current season would end.

Oh awesome thank goodness i love battling