1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official X & Y Help Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Wulava, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Team Volt Grunt

Team Volt Grunt Pokémon Collector

Anything in the coding of the game isn’t going to hurt your game. Having anything you can’t properly obtain in game or through trading could possibly get you banned from online activity, but it can’t break your game if it is programmed into the code of the game.

Example: you receive through wonder trade, a Mew with attacks and an ability it can’t have without cheating. There’s no way that Mew can break your game because the ability and attacks exist in the game even if Mew shouldn’t have them. However, if you try to use that Mew in an online battle, it likely won’t be allowed and you risk getting banned for it.

I don’t really know much about bad eggs in the later gens. I think it’s pretty difficult to get one, but if you do, you should probably delete your save and start over. You can save your Pokémon in bank before deleting your save, just don’t try to deposit the bad egg

2. Trainer Frankie

Trainer Frankie Nostalgia.

Thank you for the reply. Phew sounds like shouldn't be anything to worry about. Thank you for the help. ^^

3. Team Volt Grunt

yeah, as far as I know, people only get bad eggs when they are attempting glitches or doing some kind of hack that would result in something the game doesn't understand. Duplicating or cloning pokemon is one example. If you aren't doing anything like that, you have nothing to worry about.

4. Trainer Frankie

Trainer Frankie Nostalgia.

What is this weird trend going on in wifi random matchup?

Ever since like yesterday this time or so I've noticed that like everyone I battle is using teams where the only 'mons using items are megable, primal reversionable, or plate wielding arceus. Sometimes they even have underleveled stuff and even seemingly weak 'mons like really rarely used baby/first in evolution line pokémon. What is going on? Yesterday morning everything was fine. It's like there's some wifi random matchup trend/challenge/joke I'm not in on.

Also what are the rules for these battles? I thought it would be like the old rules where you couldn't bring in the stronger legends and mythical and such but I'm seeing tons chock full of legends/mythical pokemon.

5. Jorik228

Jorik228 Member

PGL Link Serebii shared in t mentioned the Torchic Event. Does that mean we have to get it off the PGL or is it still over Wifi. Anyone know? Sorry is this is the wrong place to ask this.

6. Team Volt Grunt

I'm not sure which event you are referring to, but if it's an event for XY, it's definitely over. XY hasn't had any global link support since just before Sun and Moon released. The only Torchic event I remember was the wifi event that started right at the time of XY's release. Details are here: https://www.serebii.net/events/dex/255.shtml

7. Notm

Notm New Member

In X/Y you can obtain a Lava Cookie and get Magikarp & Eevee via trades if you talk to the same trainer on four seperate days.

Changing the clock on the 3DS rotates their position, but does it reset the number of days you've talked to them?

I want that Magikarp + Eevee!

8. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

No, but it may actually delay it, as most ingame time based events are locked out for a full day, and will not let you make progess. It is probably best if you just visited the hotels each days, 4 Days isn't that bad, you'll be done by the weekend, if you start today.