• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Natures increase one stat by 10% while decreasing another stat by 10%

IV's determine how much each stat will grow by the time you reach Lv.100 / Each Lv.
There's no way to check these figures, but somehow they can be approximated.

EV's are bonuses. At Lv.100 every 4 EV's equates to 1 stat. You have a total of 510. The maximum EV bonus for one stat is 252.

I was of the impression EV's affected what stats increase upon leveling up. So, how does one approximate IV's then?

What if that room is empty, and the guru keeps telling me Korrina wants to test my strength first?

Bump. Been looking around online for a solution. I have the gym badge, there is nobody in the room downstairs at the Tower of Mastery but the guru and one of the girl rivals is outside of it, two people are upstairs but neither will battle. I was pretty sure one was Korrina, but now I'm not as certain. She's wearing the full rollerblade get-up but I think the hair color may be wrong. As far as I can tell, I do not have the Mega Ring (not in any of my pockets) but I did beat my rival for it. I cannot progress forward out of the town. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance

Zerope

Maybe the third pokemon in friend safari is linked to your friend beating the e4 for the first time, as this was the point one of my friends third pokemon became available.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
is there an up to date team builder anywhere i can use? or is it still too early?

There isn't. It is too early.

Natures increase one stat by 10% while decreasing another stat by 10%

IV's determine how much each stat will grow by the time you reach Lv.100 / Each Lv.
There's no way to check these figures, but somehow they can be approximated.

EV's are bonuses. At Lv.100 every 4 EV's equates to 1 stat. You have a total of 510. The maximum EV bonus for one stat is 252.

I was of the impression EV's affected what stats increase upon leveling up. So, how does one approximate IV's then?

I honestly don't know. IVs range between 0-31 so you have to do with that in mind.

Where can I find Sycamore?
Anistar City.

Alli

Is there a guy who gives you double the cash for rare items such as Nugget, Pearl, Stardust, etc.? Like the guy in BW/2. Same goes for Mushroms, etc.

Neo_Mametchi

How do u level up O-Powers? Just use them a certain # of times? And I'm guessing the circle meter refils over time?

Rotom isn't in any of the trash cans at the lost hotel :/
Does someone have any other clues?, and yes I've already talked to the boss n' stuff.

Bla7kCaT

is there any way to see a pokemons EVs / IVs in game?

also is there any way to see more information about pokemon in the GTS? man all i can see is its gender and level.....
thanks!

Alli

also is there any way to see more information about pokemon in the GTS? man all i can see is its gender and level.....
thanks!

There is a guy in one of the later towns (don't remember which) which tells you which stat is the best when it comes to IVs and if it has generally great, good, okay or poor IVs.

EVs can be checked with Super Training

shadowkitty21

pokemon breeder
dose anyone know when the PGL site will be fully up and running ? as right now all you can do is register and nothing else

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
How do u level up O-Powers? Just use them a certain # of times? And I'm guessing the circle meter refils over time?
I believe so - use them, or gift them to people via wifi, and at some point it should go up in level. And yes, it seems to be time based given the small clock icon I saw.

thanks!
EVs - rough number from the Super Training screen, but nothing exact. And I don't believe they'll show IVs in this game. Maybe they'll be a guy who gives vague statements about the overall spread like in 5th gen, but I am not so far into the game myself for that.
Is there a guy who gives you double the cash for rare items such as Nugget, Pearl, Stardust, etc.? Like the guy in BW/2. Same goes for Mushroms, etc.
I am curious about this too. I saw a guy quoting the ores fellow in BW, but I heard he doesn't buy stuff?

pokefanatic97

so in anistar city, theres an old man that wants you to lend him a pokemon level 5 or under. i did, but there was no immediate effect. does anyone know what this does?

add1ct3dd

I assume I'm right in catching the legendary pokemon with the master ball? had a hard time trying to catch it with anything else and wasn't sure if we had to save it so just went ahead - I'm ok to do this right?

If not I'll have to start again, and transfer a new master ball over..