• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
As the games are out and people are already asking questions about what's where and so forth, you can have a Help thread to ask those questions in!

Please keep the posts to the topic of answering/asking questions please. Also have patience with questions as sometimes posts get missed - you are allowed to re-post questions if a significant amount of time has passed without an answer (unless you'd be double posting which isn't allowed =p).

Please take a good look at the XY section of the main site first before asking your questions.
Also, please be aware some questions can't be answered at once.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
I'm sort of confused on how to evolve Inkay. You are suppose to hold the 3DS upside down to make evolve right? But when do you do this? Right before it levels up? Anytime during battle? Or just randomly flipping the 3DS upside down at any moment? And at what level can you start doing this?

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Hey guys. I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but... in the PGL Link Serebii shared in t mentioned the Torchic Event. Does that mean we have to get it off the PGL or is it still over Wifi. Anyone know? Sorry is this is the wrong place to ask this.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Can someone tell me if there's any in-game trade concerning Skrelp and Clauncher ?

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I've got a question regarding where the data gets saved to. I'm getting both physical copies of X and Y, is the data saved onto the cartridge or my 3DS system(SD card)?
I want to know if I can just play both games on one 3DS system then whenever I want to trade/battling with them I can just put one into another 3DS and still have it all. Or if I need to start both copies on different 3DS systems in order to trade/battle between the two.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I've got a question regarding where the data gets saved to. I'm getting both physical copies of X and Y, is the data saved onto the cartridge or my 3DS system(SD card)?
I want to know if I can just play both games on one 3DS system then whenever I want to trade/battling with them I can just put one into another 3DS and still have it all. Or if I need to start both copies on different 3DS systems in order to trade/battle between the two.

3DS games, whether physical or a digital copy, it always saves on the SD card.
So, if you wish to trade or battle, you need to have a separate system, each with their own saves and copies.

Simply copying your save to another SD card and using it on a different 3DS won't work.

Tenilius

So, if you wish to trade or battle, you need to have a separate system, each with their own saves and copies.

Simply copying your save to another SD card and using it on a different 3DS won't work.

Does this mean if I were to play through X and Y on "3DS 1" I can't then trade with myself by putting one of X or Y into "3DS 2"?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Does this mean if I were to play through X and Y on "3DS 1" I can't then trade with myself by putting one of X or Y into "3DS 2"?

Of course not. Unless you have a save file of the games on the 2nd 3DS as well...

So I suggest that you play X in one 3DS, then Y in the other.

Everlasting

Everything stays.

I still doubt about that. Maybe for digital copies, but I can freely play my physical game carts without a SD card on my 3DS and my saved file is there.
I sometimes put my own game on my brother's 3DS and my save file is there as well...

Tenilius

I still doubt about that. Maybe for digital copies, but I can freely play my physical game carts without a SD card on my 3DS and my saved file is still there.

This is what I thought would be the case. It seems like on odd restriction for Nintendo to place on the physical copy if it's true, either way I'll be testing it when my games arrive.