• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Aurath8

Does anyone know whether or not the name rater still prevents you from naming Pokemon with a different OT? I'd like to use the event Torchic to play through the game, but I kind of want to give all of my Pokemon nicknames.

Also, about how soon can you catch a ditto and access the daycare (Halfway through the story, not until post game, or what? I would prefer a general time over a specific point since I'm trying to avoid story and location spoilers.)

The daycare is earlygame I think. I'm not sure on the specifics, but you should get there before the 4th gym.

Can Vivillon learn fly?

Almost certainly not. The only Bug that learns Fly iirc is Volcarona.

can someone tell me where exactly to find noivern or noibat?

Victory Road.

How far in the game do you got Rotom? How about Lanturn?

EDIT: Ok, I know Rotom's near the Power Plant, but when do you get access to that?

Last edited:

Cmack102

What level does Skiddo evolve into Gogoat?

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
To help with where to find pokemon:
Starters: At the start pof the games
Central Dex nº 10-28. In Route 2.
Central Dex nº29-37: Shauntalane Forest.
Central Dex nº 38-54: Route 3.
Magikarp, Goldeen, Carvanha and Corphish requires apparently a rood (which is obtaned later). Masquerain has to access in a route with Surf.
Central Dex nº 55-63 in Route 22. Even Farfetch'd fans and Auraholics.
Central Dex nº 64-79 in Route 4.
Central Dex nº80-88 as a gift from Sycammore.
Central 89-103 in Route 5

Last edited:

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
honedge is at route 10 if im not mistaken

The daycare is earlygame I think. I'm not sure on the specifics, but you should get there before the 4th gym.

Almost certainly not. The only Bug that learns Fly iirc is Volcarona.

Victory Road.

How far in the game do you got Rotom? How about Lanturn?
noivern isnt there according to my dex
i've been searching there but the victory road is so big

Cena_#1

100% stratusfaction
I still need an answer, where can I find the item that allows Swirlix to evolve?

JuicyPaperclip

<!Seizure Enducing!>
where can i find the following:
Goomy
Bergmite
Klefki
Skrelp

... loving this game so far.. but needing some new gen 6's in my team

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Central Dex 104-123 in Route 6
Central Dex 124-139: Route 7
Central Dex 140-150. Connecting Cave.

Floette

Fennekin
Have the shiny odds changed or is there an indication of that? It really seems like it with all the shinies others are getting.

Aurath8

Does anyone know who I can breed with Amaura?

Looking at past fossils, it seems it might be in Water 3, which includes crustacean-like pokemon i.e, Clauncher or Staryu. You could also try the Monster egg grou i.e. Kanto Starters, Snorlax, Lapras or Mareep.

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
Ok so I've got an Eevee with maxed Amie right now and it's not evolved to Sylveon. I've seen in a place or two that it needs a fairy move (which seems silly because most places I've found havn't said about that) but it's at lv 22 now and doesn't have a move. Does anyone know when it'll next learn one? I'm only in 2nd badge town so I've not found a Relearner yet or any Fairy TMs or anything.

Alright, how exactly are wild Pokemon found on Route 6? Is them jumping from the bushes the only way?

EDIT: I'm dumb :/

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Ok so I've got an Eevee with maxed Amie right now and it's not evolved to Sylveon. I've seen in a place or two that it needs a fairy move (which seems silly because most places I've found havn't said about that) but it's at lv 22 now and doesn't have a move. Does anyone know when it'll next learn one? I'm only in 2nd badge town so I've not found a Relearner yet or any Fairy TMs or anything.

It got Charm at level 29 in Black 2/White 2, so I imagine it will get it around the same level.

Helppppppppppp where do you guys find inkay ;(
Route 8.