• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
I'm getting very stuck lately. This one is spoilered for post-game content.

[spoil]I can't get the Looker event to activate no matter how many times I enter and exit Lumiose City. Am I missing an important trigger?[/spoil]

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
Time for a stupid question, how do you add friends to this game? I can't seem to find the option anywhere.

not a stupid question, been trying to add friends since the game leaked last week, no luck
also the hat... i cant get rid of it for some reason

Is there a way to get a second Shiny Stone? I want to evolve my blue Floette so I can see what Blue Florges looks like and so I can see if it gets any Heart Scale moves, but I don't want to use my Shiny Stone on it and waste it for my Red Floette's evolution.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Time for a stupid question, how do you add friends to this game? I can't seem to find the option anywhere.

You don't add them in-game.
You press the Home button (if you're playing), and then go to the smiley face on the top of the bottom screen.
You then select Add FriendCode, and you in-put someone's FriendCode.

Rakurai

Does anyone know where you can get an Everstone? I'm interested in breeding some Pokemon, but have yet to find one.

Is there a way to get a second Shiny Stone? I want to evolve my blue Floette so I can see what Blue Florges looks like and so I can see if it gets any Heart Scale moves, but I don't want to use my Shiny Stone on it and waste it for my Red Floette's evolution.

It's likely a potential reward from one of the secret Super Training levels, as every other type of evolution stone is known to be available from them.

Vizion

Best ways to earn EXP Postgame?

sutasafaia

You don't add them in-game.
You press the Home button (if you're playing), and then go to the smiley face on the top of the bottom screen.
You then select Add FriendCode, and you in-put someone's FriendCode.

So if they show up in that little circle of friends thing they let you play with in the home menu, they are friended in-game also? I don't need some separate friend code that is found in-game?

CharizardFan09

So after I got my Charmander, am I supposed to end up at Route 5 next? I was told to check out Pokemon. I just don't know if I am in the right direction or not.

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
So if they show up in that little circle of friends thing they let you play with in the home menu, they are friended in-game also? I don't need some separate friend code that is found in-game?

here's the twisted part that troll freak decided to do
you cant find a friend code in-game

sutasafaia

here's the twisted part that troll freak decided to do
you cant find a friend code in-game

Yea, I know, it was driving me crazy. At least I know I'm not an idiot for just missing something obvious, the whole friend thing for X/Y is tied directly into your 3DS friends? At least I can stop stressing about it ^^;

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
So after I got my Charmander, am I supposed to end up at Route 5 next? I was told to check out Pokemon. I just don't know if I am in the right direction or not.

Yes, after you get your Kanto starter, Route 5 is where you are supposed to go.

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
Yea, I know, it was driving me crazy. At least I know I'm not an idiot for just missing something obvious, the whole friend thing for X/Y is tied directly into your 3DS friends? At least I can stop stressing about it ^^;

sadly yes, there is no other way to add friends