• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Shiny Espeon0429

its a spawn timer I would assume this and rustling bushes seem to have replaced rustling grass your just gunna have to wait it out try entering and re entering certain areas

sorry I cant help more than that

Sorry if its no longer relevant, but in my experience so far, drops from above in caves have only occured when I've left the cave and re-entered. The last area in Glittering Cave is the best example.

Daisymareep

Beware the cuteness
What does it mean when I try to connect to the internet to get my torchic/ other stuff and then it says "unable to connect to server.

I wish I know. I getting the same thing when I try to get on the GTS.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
Please, if anyone knows the location of a SECOND shiny stone, could you tell me? I need it for my Floette.

Alternatively, if you have yours but don't want it, then could I please have it?

I'm kinda annoyed at myself for not noticing that Pokemon centres have TMs in them. Bulldoze and Struggle Bug in Lumiose are really useful, and Poison Jab? If I'd had that sooner, it would have saved me a lot of trouble with Fairy types.

do they not sell them at the stone shop in lumiose?

last time I went there after the blackout was over they only had Fire, Leaf and Water but they may update the more you progress in the game

CharizardFan09

Does anybody know how to catch this freaking idiot Pokemon in the garden maze. This is harder than gettiing Farfetch'd in Gold/Silver. Any video would be helpful.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Apparently Fennekin can hae the ability Magician, can any1 tell me what it does?

It steals the item of the opponent whenever it uses a move.

do they not sell them at the stone shop in lumiose?

last time I went there after the blackout was over they only had Fire, Leaf and Water but they may update the more you progress in the game

I know, I thought that too, but I'm in Dendemille town atm Story-wise, and I just went back and they're still only selling those basic three.

shenlon

Any Advice Friends ?

Should I do anything in Luminose before heading to route 14 after the 5th badge or just keep trucking ?

Is it best to leave all the stuff in Luminose for the end or should I take the opportunity and do them now ?

Blazios

Does anybody know how to catch this freaking idiot Pokemon in the garden maze. This is harder than gettiing Farfetch'd in Gold/Silver. Any video would be helpful.

Place Shauna at the bottom then chase after it to make it flee to the north. Then make Shauna stand in either of the two spots above and chase it from the other side.

Shiny Espeon0429

OK, Eevee is at Max Amie Happiness but won't evolve. Does she need anything else? I could do with some help.

EDIT: If there is anything else, will the Amie happiness eventually decrease on its own? Or will it stay full?

Kevii23

I was wearing a black beanie, black v-neck, green cargo pants and red shoes (not boots)
Though it's not really worth the hassle IMO what you get is useless

Nvm, u need to get all the skatemoves to enter.

Also you receive a second Dust stone from the team Flare guy at the Pokeball thing station (the one that chased Trevor and girlie). I received them after I finished the game so don't know when.

Shraeder

It's Lit
OK, Eevee is at Max Amie Happiness but won't evolve. Does she need anything else? I could do with some help.

EDIT: If there is anything else, will the Amie happiness eventually decrease on its own? Or will it stay full?

You don't need max, but I think you need to level it up with a Fairy move and at least 2 affection on Amie to get Sylveon. That's what worked for me at least. If you caught your Eevee at level 19 it would know Baby Doll Eyes, if not, then it was replaced.

Shiny Espeon0429

does it have a fairy move?

Argh, I thought that was a rumour. Anyone know how quickly Eevee can learn a Fairy move? Can it learn Dazzling Gleam?

Shiny Espeon0429

You don't need max, but I think you need to level it up with a Fairy move and at least 2 affection on Amie to get Sylveon. That's what worked for me at least. If you caught your Eevee at level 19 it would know Baby Doll Eyes, if not, then it was replaced.

I see. I'll have to recatch one then, because I caught one at Lv20...

Thanks for the help everyone. I really appreciate it!

Shraeder

It's Lit

It's not that difficult lol. Put Serena in the spot that where you enter the area with Furfrou in, then chase it to the right and it will go straight. then move Serena to the area on the left and it will go right into the dead end.

Incandenza

schlemihl
Would anyone happen to have a rough draft of Helioptile's learn set? Thanks.