• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Parabolic Charge at level 25, and I don't know when it gets Thunderbolt, but you'll probably get the TM from the gym before you get that high leveled.

Thank you! And you get evolution stones from Secret Super Training, right? How do you activate Secret Super Training?

Snoa

I need help getting the "Strange Souvenir"!

Firstly, do I need to talk to the backpacker four days in a row? Or just on four different days?

Secondly, is he guaranteed to appear in at least ONE of the inns? Because I've flown to two of them today and he wasn't at either.

Phoenix6000

An Alternate Reality
Thank you! And you get evolution stones from Secret Super Training, right? How do you activate Secret Super Training?

Secret training is available to any pokemon that obtains all 510 EV points.

Kirby Phelps (PK)

EarthBound anyone?
Someone convince me not to get rid of my Meowstic, because I'm thinking about it now. I thought it'd be a cool addition because it's psychic which I didn't have AND it learned Disarming Voice, so I was thinking I'd have a Pokemon that could learn Fairy moves too. But it looks like Disarming Voice might be the only one it can learn and the move is pretty weak. And the my Greninja learned Extrasensory, so that takes care of me needing a good Psychic move.... I'm thinking of switching it with a Ralts and raising that to a Gardevoir who truly is a Psychic/Fairy.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod

I believe you can get all stones through Secret Super Training, and to unlock Secret Super Training, I believe you need to be using a fully EV'ed Pokemon to gain access to it. At least, this page says so.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
so does anyone know how to get into that boutique in luminous city? I honestly don't know how to impress the lady in front enough to let me in

momopeach

Does anyone know where/if you can catch Cottenee or Whimsicott?

I don't believe you can catch them in this game. Though you can transfer them when that pokebank thing opens.

__
Two questions:

1. I i have a pokemon say with low defense, could I just super train them to raise it?

2. Is there a move deleter in this to unlearn HMs, and where is he at?

Astinus

so does anyone know how to get into that boutique in luminous city? I honestly don't know how to impress the lady in front enough to let me in
There's an image taken of a guide book page that talks about how to become stylish in Lumiose City. You can check it out here.

You pretty much have to do everything in Lumiose City, and each activity adds different amounts to your "stylish points." Help out in the hotel, eat at the cafés, buy things from all the stores you can enter, things like that.

ahcrapnotagain

I don't believe you can catch them in this game. Though you can transfer them when that pokebank thing opens.

__
Two questions:

1. I i have a pokemon say with low defense, could I just super train them to raise it?

2. Is there a move deleter in this to unlearn HMs, and where is he at?

yes you could use super training to raise defense stats however if it has inherently low base defense stats its probably best not to train in those your better of training in the stats that have high base stats to begin with

the move deleter is in Dendemille town

Ghost-Type

PLEASE HELP: When Aegislash swaps Stats...Does he also Swap EVs?
So if I put 255 EVs in ATK will they swap to DEF during Shield Mode and back to ATK during Sword Mode? This Pokemon is confuzzling me :/

DanteKoriyu

Saw it was mentioned you can obtain Banette and Garbodor in Pokemon Village via "shaky areas"; what exactly does that mean? Does the grass shake or something like in BW(2)?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
PLEASE HELP: When Aegislash swaps Stats...Does he also Swap EVs?
So if I put 255 EVs in ATK will they swap to DEF during Shield Mode and back to ATK during Sword Mode? This Pokemon is confuzzling me :/

Because the EVs will be converted to the stat itself instead of remaining seperate values entirely, Ibelieve EVs also swap.

sonar87

I'm sharing a 3DS with a family member and we both want to play the same version of the game. As long as we each buy the game, have separate cartridges, will we be fine as far as save data? Is it saved on the game cartridges, or the system itself?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I'm sharing a 3DS with a family member and we both want to play the same version of the game. As long as we each buy the game, have separate cartridges, will we be fine as far as save data? Is it saved on the game cartridges, or the system itself?

Saves are always saved on the Cartridge itself, IIRC. (Except for Wii stuff but that doesn't matter)

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
what is the highest rank in battle chateau?

LewisK

Method:
After defeating the Elite Four, you'll be able to find Diantha again, back at the Café in Southern Boulevard that you previously met her. She will be happy to see you and will offer you a trade, saying she'll accept any of your Pokémon.

Ghost-Type

Because the EVs will be converted to the stat itself instead of remaining seperate values entirely, Ibelieve EVs also swap.

I just realized how my question sounded. I shouldn't ask questions after dark. Thanks for entertaining my spaced-out mind though!