• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

ahcrapnotagain

Has anyone seen what Fire Pledge and Grass Pledge's base power is now? Because apparently Water Pledge is 80 power instead of 50
water pledge use to be 50? I'am pretty sure fire pledge and grass pledge were 80 in black white

Edit: my mistake just imaging things disregard

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Is it possible to somehow obtain the second fossil?

sp. attacker probably a calm nature, as for move sets kind of depend if your planning on doing competitive battling. If you are it depends on what the meta game is like.

Oh I forget to mention that if you mega evolve lucario's attack stats end up being higher then the his sp attack I think its like a 11 point difference

Yes I'm now planning a team for me to do competitive battles. Currently I have charizard (adamant and no intention for mega, playing physical att), absol (adamant, he will be the mega evo for my team playing physical att), gardevoir (my s.attacker + fairy type to counter dragon users) and maybe lucario or machamp. As for the last 2 picks I'm still not sure who to pick.

So how do u view my set up? Is it heavily flawed?

dmansfi2

hi, i just recently bought pokemon X which is my first ever pokemon i acually owned by myself other then pokemon yellow. and ive never actually gotten into the whole competitive battleing scene until i saw my friends doing it, and i was just wondering how i get into doing that, what makes a good competitive team, tornament info, things of that sort. if you could help me out, id greatly appreciate it seeing as how i beat the story already. thanks

sylver_stag

I just caught a Mewtwo with 3 perfect IVs, Atk, SpAtk, and Speed (Adamant Nature from my synchronize Ralts), and I'm not sure if I should keep resetting for perfect stats or call it quits. Just asking an honest opinion, constructive criticism, whatever you wanna call it.

ahcrapnotagain

Yes I'm now planning a team for me to do competitive battles. Currently I have charizard (adamant and no intention for mega, playing physical att), absol (adamant, he will be the mega evo for my team playing physical att), gardevoir (my s.attacker + fairy type to counter dragon users) and maybe lucario or machamp. As for the last 2 picks I'm still not sure who to pick.

So how do u view my set up? Is it heavily flawed?
well it really depends on personal preference and what the meta game is like as for this particular set up I would probably pick lucario and use him as sp attack sweeper and I would probably get rid of charizard he's a fun pokemon for game battles but for competitive he has a lot of weaknesses, and you need some sort wall none of these guys have really good defensive stats.

ahcrapnotagain

I just caught a Mewtwo with 3 perfect IVs, Atk, SpAtk, and Speed (Adamant Nature from my synchronize Ralts), and I'm not sure if I should keep resetting for perfect stats or call it quits. Just asking an honest opinion, constructive criticism, whatever you wanna call it.

if you have perfect IVs in Atk and Sp Atk I would probably just call it quits the likely hood of you getting anything better than that seems pretty low, and honestly you probably only want great IVs for atk and sp atk I'd say the perfect speed IV is a bonus.

Phoenix6000

An Alternate Reality
According to the guide for the Lost Hotel I need all four skate skills to get certain items.

I gained one skill in a Lumiose cafe and a second from a girl on the street. Where are the others?

iKarlCPFC

How on Earth do you get the rewards in the Super Training? I keep beating the target time but I get hard stones/water.

Just gotta keep trying, happened to me as well.

Persian22

I have some questions about my game.

How can you make friends? I don't know how to invite/ask people to become friends??

How can you change a pokemon's name if they are traded?

How can you be sure you get your alakazam back when you traded it? Cuz some people steal the pokemon...

How many Dusk Stones are there? Is there another way to get more dusk stones? (Í suck at the pokemon battle training game)

How can you block japanese (and other such countries) players? Cuz with wondertrade I keep getting pokemon with strange japanesse names, is there an option to block those?

Thanks!

Grumpy Drizzle

Can Shuckle be found in X? I have smashed over 100 rocks on both Route 18 and in Terminus Cave but all I ever encounter are Gravelers.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
How can you make friends? I don't know how to invite/ask people to become friends??

Register their 3DS Friend Code, and have them register yours.

How can you change a pokemon's name if they are traded?

You can't.

How can you be sure you get your alakazam back when you traded it?

You can't.

How many Dusk Stones are there? Is there another way to get more dusk stones? (Í suck at the pokemon battle training game)

One from the Team Flare Grunt in Laverre City, and one in Terminus Cave.

How can you block japanese (and other such countries) players? Cuz with wondertrade I keep getting pokemon with strange japanesse names, is there an option to block those?

You have no control over what Pokemon you get via Wonder Trade.