• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Shadow_Latios

Boulder Trainer
Oh so the Ditto needs to be from a different region for it to be able to breed with anything? I still don't understand why it will breed with only certain Pokemon when they are from the same region?

no, your misunderstanding

if you put two pokemon in the daycare they're NOT going to breed it will say 'the two prefer to play with other pokemon'

they don't get along means they will breed slowly, having a different id number and being different species will speed it up and get nicer phrases

understand now?

K, so upon looking up the whole move tutor thing I realized that move tutors had been cut from the game.

I wanna start training, and I wan't to find a way to give my Salamence outrage.

With the removal of tutors this means that it's either become an egg move or it's restricted to those who earn it by leveling up.
If anyone has a male pokemon with outrage can you hook me up so I can check if its a egg move? It will be returned to you, thanks.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Does anyone know how to get Dark Pulse. I know its on Route 15 but I can't find it. Its suppose to be above a Waterfall according to the guide but I already checked there? Can someone help me?

Puma Italia

no, your misunderstanding

if you put two pokemon in the daycare they're NOT going to breed it will say 'the two prefer to play with other pokemon'

they don't get along means they will breed slowly, having a different id number and being different species will speed it up and get nicer phrases

understand now?

Ahh alright, thanks for clearing that up.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Does anyone know how to get Dark Pulse. I know its on Route 15 but I can't find it. Its suppose to be above a Waterfall according to the guide but I already checked there? Can someone help me?

The Waterfall they talk about is actually on Route 16. You need to cut down a tree on Route 16, and you'll see a Waterfall behind it. Go up, and then you'll be moving up the stream that will eventually put you back on Route 15, with the TM Dark Pulse.

SaviorStorm

I just joined this forum and I'm curious can I just add anyone here that posted their friends code for the Safari?

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
The Waterfall they talk about is actually on Route 16. You need to cut down a tree on Route 16, and you'll see a Waterfall behind it. Go up, and then you'll be moving up the stream that will eventually put you back on Route 15, with the TM Dark Pulse.

Whoah! Thanks. Appreciate it.

ahcrapnotagain

K, so upon looking up the whole move tutor thing I realized that move tutors had been cut from the game.

I wanna start training, and I wan't to find a way to give my Salamence outrage.

With the removal of tutors this means that it's either become an egg move or it's restricted to those who earn it by leveling up.
If anyone has a male pokemon with outrage can you hook me up so I can check if its a egg move? It will be returned to you, thanks.
not all the move tutors there's still a draco meteor tutor, and the pledge moves tutor.

welcometorapture

I just joined this forum and I'm curious can I just add anyone here that posted their friends code for the Safari?

PM them your friend code too, adds need to be both ways

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod

This thread here is just the place you're looking for. It's exploded with activity since X/Y have been released, so you should be able to find people that way.

Whoah! Thanks. Appreciate it.

Not a problem! It's definitely one of the more cleverly hidden TM's, kinda like Shadow Ball in B2/W2.

ahcrapnotagain

I know what you mean, but still, I'd like to be able to teach him outrage and that tutors been removed along with others.

ahcrapnotagain

This thread here is just the place you're looking for. It's exploded with activity since X/Y have been released, so you should be able to find people that way.

Not a problem! It's definitely one of the more cleverly hidden TM's, kinda like Shadow Ball in B2/W2.

Definitely I have added on average 10 people per page.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Nope, I'm wrong I think. Just remembered you have to battle her for the mega ring in the Tower of Mastery. Not able to recall wat she had there though, been 2 days

(Can anyone cofirm or deny my blabberings?)
Please if anyone can help welcometorapture out? Is the next time after Glittering Cave where you see Serena's pokémon again in the Tower of Mastery?

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Can anyone confirm whether or not Everstone WONT pass on natures with international parents? I wasnt sure if this was changed at some point, but IIRC in BW it wouldnt pass on the nature? Im trying to figure out the best way to MM a Shiny Protean Froakie in a Dive or Net Ball

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Does anyone know what evs flabebe give?

I'm considering sp atk ev training in route 7
I would guess whatever it's highest base stat is...and I think for flabébé it's sp def? But again, this is just guessing.

Dreis

Perhaps i have missed it but did Seasons make a return? and if not how does that affect Deerling and Sawsbuck?