• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Unknown Egg

My yolk cures cancer
That is how my X/Y runs via 3DS clock...

to the original person: Check your 3DS, and see if the AM/PM is messed up... I know mine is off by 1 hour because I didn't change it for daylight savings time.

I figured it out, thanks! Turns out I accidentally had my clock set to 3:41 instead of 15:41. Woops!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
How does someone check IVs?

All I can find is ranges but not exact numbers...

You need to level up and possibly insert more info to the IV checker before it can give exact IV Numbers. Lv 50 usually the first time exact IVs can be calculated.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
Is there any way I could give my Charizard Dragon Pulse?

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Is there any way I could give my Charizard Dragon Pulse?
You can breed a female Charizard with a male Kingdra, Altaria, Haxorus, or Hydreigon (all of their pre-evolutions will work too) that knows Dragon Pulse and the Charmander from the egg should know Dragon Pulse.

Puma Italia

Where's a good rainy spot where I can evolve my Sligoo? (I thought using Rain Dance would work but it doesn't...guess it has to be an actual route where it's naturally raining).

It does need to be raining naturally. and Route 14 is always raining. (I'm pretty sure)

Goten21

Where's a good rainy spot where I can evolve my Sligoo? (I thought using Rain Dance would work but it doesn't...guess it has to be an actual route where it's naturally raining).

Try Cyllage town

In all the times it has rained in my game, it was there

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
It does need to be raining naturally. and Route 14 is always raining. (I'm pretty sure)

Actually, it isn't. Annoyingly enough, no route is always raining. I've seen rain in Ambrette Town, as well as Routes 8, 14, 19 and 21, so those would work, possibly.

ECM

You'll need to check every so often (unfortunately, I wish it worked like the Pokegear, form gen 2), but, the man tat you get the egg from, will look at the road instead of the daycare when he has an egg

Yeah, I like the Pokégear in gen II it's much more convenient. But thanks!

Neo_Mametchi

I'm still confused on how the new EXP. Share works. Does it take the exp and divide it by the # of pokemon that didn't battle then give it to them?

If I'm trying to level up a certain pokemon would only having 2 pokemon in my team when using the exp. Share get the one who didn't battle more exp? And what about the Lucky Egg item? If a pokemon who didn't battle is holding it does it affect the exp?

BCVM22

I'm still confused on how the new EXP. Share works. Does it take the exp and divide it by the # of pokemon that didn't battle then give it to them?

If I'm trying to level up a certain pokemon would only having 2 pokemon in my team when using the exp. Share get the one who didn't battle more exp? And what about the Lucky Egg item? If a pokemon who didn't battle is holding it does it affect the exp?

http://www.serebii.net/xy/exp.shtml

Short version, the EXP yield for a given battle is no longer one pie divided up into smaller pieces.

Blazios

Lead Pokémon gets full normal experience. All others get half that number, so with a full party, you get the equivalent of 2.5x the normal experience across the entire party. Not affected by number. Lucky Egg affects what one Pokémon gets if not the lead and affects all of them if the lead has it, iirc.

Griever789

Hm I'm thinking furfrou has potiental because of it's amazing fur coat ability, but it's stats seem mediocer (which is probally to be expected since other wise it's ability be kind of over powered) Still in some one's professional opinion does it have any potiental and if it did whats a good ev spread and nature?