• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Is it past level 41? Pokemon that are prevented from evolving will gain boosted Exp.

Oh, wow, that's mildly cool.

What restrictions apply to that? Is it only for Pokemon who evolve by just level-up, or can Pokemon that evolve by leveling + another requirement take advantage of that (such as Tyrunt/Amaura, Inkay, friendship evolvers, item + level evolvers, etc)?

Last edited:

Joemaster

Hi guys I'm currently in a little competition with my friend where we battle after each gym (like rivals!). However we have both decided that we wont tell each other our teams and I am looking to build a team which will counter most stuff available in Kalos, move sets will come later and I'm EV training wisely by I wonder if this team will do (neither of us are competitive battlers):
Absol
Roserade
Delphox
Snorlax
Heracross
Azumarill

If anything is particularly wrong or if you have better ideas please tell me! Thanks!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Oh, wow, that's mildly cool.

What restrictions apply to that? Is it only for Pokemon who evolve by just level-up, or can Pokemon that evolve by leveling + another requirement take advantage of that (such as Tyrunt/Amaura, Inkay, friendship evolvers, item + level evolvers, etc)?

As far as I know it's only those that evolve by level-up.

Shiny Trevenant

How do you check your records, like how long you longest chain was?

Dimriky

You know, chandelure could only learn heatwave from the move tutor or by breding with macargo/slugma... in the other hand, macargo/slugma could learn heatwave from the tutor or if they were breeded with chandelure chain, there weren't other solution...
Then, now the move tutors can't lear heatwave, so how can chandelure learn it?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
When I buy the Charizardite for a discounted price, will I have to raise my status in Lumiose again to get the same price for the Blastoisinite, or will I be able to buy the Blastoisinite for the same price as the Charizardite immediately?

Mays

When I buy the Charizardite for a discounted price, will I have to raise my status in Lumiose again to get the same price for the Blastoisinite, or will I be able to buy the Blastoisinite for the same price as the Charizardite immediately?

Immediately. Just fyi, it goes as low as 10k. I paid 500k for Charizardite and 300k for Blastoisinite :/

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Has anyone here actually seen a wild Cryogonal in Frost Cavern? Apparently it's a "shaking spot" encounter, but I've yet to see anything like that.

Sara Hysaro

So recently I've been spending a lot of time using Air Cutter in wild battles containing berry trees, but there's a few berries listed that seem to be evading my grasp:

Figy
Occa
Passho
Yache
Chople
Shuca
Coba
Charti
Haban
Chilan

I noticed that it mentions something about the color of the tree, and while the berries are either green/purple I've only seen just the one type of tree. Is there a route with a different tree or berry colors that will provide me the berries I am missing? I know a couple listed have trees I can physically harvest from, but I'm curious about the rest. Thank you for your assistance. :)

I found out the answer while my sister was looking for a Helioptile! Route 9 has yellow berry trees.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I found out the answer while my sister was looking for a Helioptile! Route 9 has yellow berry trees.

I got a Charti berry from one of the NPCs early on in the game...I can't remember which one, though. :(

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I did the friend safari yesterday and noticed I was only finding 2 pokemon. How do you find 3? Is it random how many you find?

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
I just got the Fennekin from Shauna after I beat the game. I heard it is always Modest, but are its IVs set too? I got a Mischievous characteristic on the first try

When you evolve a Scyther into a Scizor, does the Metal Coat disappear?

Yes, the item is used up. The same occurs with other Pokémon evolving while holding an item and being traded.

Ah ok, I thought I was going mad. I haven't played since Yellow, lol. Thanks!

Sara Hysaro

I got a Charti berry from one of the NPCs early on in the game...I can't remember which one, though. :(

I also found a blue berry tree in Route 17, so that just leaves the red berries! I'm gonna stay here for a bit to make sure they're not in this area before moving on to a different zone.

Edit: Unless they've changed things it should be used up in the evolution process.

Edit2: Red berries are in Azure Bay! Honestly wasn't expecting to find them there, but that should be all the berries now. :)

Last edited: