• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

pikachu54549

I need help with my friend code! I'm not a new player, I've got platinum, soulsilver, white, and black and white 2, alongside with x and y. I just cant find where you set up a friend code. This is a new 3ds xl, do you think that has something to do with it?

BCVM22

This is a new 3ds xl, do you think that has something to do with it?

No.

The 3DS uses a univeral system friend code as opposed to individual ones for each game. You'll find yours by clicking the orange smiley icon in the top row of your home screen.

Blaziken77

Does anyone here have Electabuzz in their friend safari?????

pikachu54549

thank you BCVM22

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Spade33

Please Help!

I have a fully evolved Mamoswine now and I was wondering how I could teach it ice shard. I caught it as a Piloswine at level 39 if that helps. Can I just use a tutor?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Please Help!

I have a fully evolved Mamoswine now and I was wondering how I could teach it ice shard. I caught it as a Piloswine at level 39 if that helps. Can I just use a tutor?

The Move Relearner is found at Dendemille.
She wants a Heart Scale in return.

Strolling

Dragon Trainer
I have X and Y. Y is set to my region (US)

When I start X, can I set it to Japan? Will that give me access to Japanese wifi events? Also, is it worth it?

Torkoa1

Ok so people are saying you can raise your status in Luminoise City to get discounts. Sorry if this is a dumb question but how exactly does that work, like how do you do it? any help would be great !

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I have X and Y. Y is set to my region (US)

When I start X, can I set it to Japan? Will that give me access to Japanese wifi events? Also, is it worth it?

Even if you can select multiple languages, the games itself are still region-locked.
Japanese carts can only be played on a Japanese 3DS, etc...

So, no.
If you want Japanese-exclusive events, you need a Japanese 3DS, and a Japanese copy of the game.

It didnt come up as an option to even tach him ice shard....any tutors in Kalos? If theres not, I'm not going through the trouble of breeding and re training.

Ice Shard is a move that can be learned by Swinub only, that's why.
There are no other move tutors in Kalos apart from Draco Meteor, Relic Song, Sacred Sword, and starter moves.

So if you want Ice Shard, hatch a Swinub.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
"Shaking spot"? But i found one wandering around normally, deeper in the cavern i think

Yeah, I figured that out. Just an error on the Pokearth page.

It didnt come up as an option to even tach him ice shard....any tutors in Kalos? If theres not, I'm not going through the trouble of breeding and re training.

Shard Move Tutors like in B2/W2 don't exist in X/Y, if I'm not mistaken.

DFang

27yr old Pokefan
Looking for some friend codes so i can take advantage of the friend safari. Feel free to add me too, 0387-8945-1496