• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
How do friends and trading work in this.
I don't know where to get my 3DS friend code. When I give that to a friend and they give me mine will we be friends on X/Y?

Strolling

Dragon Trainer
Even if you can select multiple languages, the games itself are still region-locked.
Japanese carts can only be played on a Japanese 3DS, etc...

So, no.
If you want Japanese-exclusive events, you need a Japanese 3DS, and a Japanese copy of the game.

The reason why I am asking is because I cannot change the language after which I don't understand why,

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
The reason why I am asking is because I cannot change the language after which I don't understand why,

You can change the language the game is played in, but you cannot change your game's region to access Japanese events.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's found in your friend list on the 3DS, as soon as you're both added you'll be friends in any 3DS game.

Where's the friend list?

MarioGamer159

Quick question. I'm not sure if someone has tried this yet, but I figured this would be the best place to ask.

So let's say you had one Pokemon with 5 31 IV stats. You put a destiny knot on that pokemon and place it in the daycare, passing down 5 IVs. You then place a Pokemon with 31 IVs in the stat the other didn't, with the power item for that stat. Would you have a flawless egg, or would it work like having two power items in previous games: only one actually passes on?

Bodhi

I only have one gym badge so far, and the game says I can only control pokemon up to level 30... so what happens if my pokemon go over level 30? A lot of mine are close to 30.

Tenilius

I only have one gym badge so far, and the game says I can only control pokemon up to level 30... so what happens if my pokemon go over level 30? A lot of mine are close to 30.

Usually means they might not listen to your commands, not sure if it's changed in XY.
So you select a move it might use that move, might use another move or it might do nothing.

Bodhi

Usually means they might not listen to your commands, not sure if it's changed in XY.
So you select a move it might use that move, might use another move or it might do nothing.
So I should I put them in storage until I get another badge? Right now I take out every pokemon I encounter with 1 hit, I don't want to give that up. lol

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Quick question. I'm not sure if someone has tried this yet, but I figured this would be the best place to ask.

So let's say you had one Pokemon with 5 31 IV stats. You put a destiny knot on that pokemon and place it in the daycare, passing down 5 IVs. You then place a Pokemon with 31 IVs in the stat the other didn't, with the power item for that stat. Would you have a flawless egg, or would it work like having two power items in previous games: only one actually passes on?

It's possible. Though this would happen if the Destiny Knot didn't randomly pick the the other IV you're trying to pass down with the power item.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
I've cleared the game (twice) and am attempting to start the Looker Missions but I never get the holocast when I enter Lumoise City. I'm beginning to get frustrated. How do I activate it?

Bodhi

I've cleared the game (twice) and am attempting to start the Looker Missions but I never get the holocast when I enter Lumoise City. I'm beginning to get frustrated. How do I activate it?
You've beaten it twice already? How long did that take?

Tenilius

You have to battle once in the Battle Maison in Kiloude City, beat your rival in Kiloude City after the Maison, then talk to Sycamore in Anistar and have your Mega Ring upgraded then you'll receive Looker's holo message in Lumiose (I got mine entering Centrico Plaza).

Samayowa

you amaze me.
You have to battle once in the Battle Maison in Kiloude City, beat your rival in Kiloude City after the Maison, then talk to Sycamore in Anistar and have your Mega Ring upgraded then you'll receive Looker's holo message in Lumiose (I got mine entering Centrico Plaza).

Awesome! Thank you so much! :)

nijipotamus

this seems like a good place to ask: I am conducting Egg Move research and Just checking to see if anyone has beaten me to it already; I am leveling up a Roselia to 50 so it can learn petal blizzard to chain breed it onto a pumpkaboo (hopefully) and see if it can learn it, though I know I must wade through many many eggs to verify egg moves, i must also level this Roselia to 50.....so has anyone beaten me to finding out if this is a passable egg move (for such a powerful physical grass move the most unlikely to use the ATK stat pokemon learn it -_-)? Going to try to breed onto phatump first.

ArchangelUnmei

Shiny Cottonball!
I have friends registered in my 3DS friend list who aren't showing up on the PSS, even though I know they have X/Y. Is it just because I haven't been online at the same time as them yet, or is there something else I need to do?