• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Did they register you? That's all you need. They don't even need to have the game.

darkmagicianfox

Breeder/Collector
anyone know how to get Bamboo Sprig Hat plz let me know

Xynno

Were ability inheritence rates changed too?

I've noticed that when i'm breeding a guts tyrogue with a ditto for the most part all i get are guts tyrogues insted of steadfast ones. I'm curious to wonder if the rate has been changed.

nijipotamus

I have friends registered in my 3DS friend list who aren't showing up on the PSS, even though I know they have X/Y. Is it just because I haven't been online at the same time as them yet, or is there something else I need to do?

You both have to be logged into your game AND have switched your internet online then they will show up (being in game at the same time is not enough you BOTH need to be connected to the internet in game to show up in each others friendslist IN GAME)

to upgrade my mega ring, do i have to go a full round at the battle mansion?? then battle my rival?

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
A question related to the a new breeding mechanic. If you catch a genderless pokemon in a special ball and breed it with a ditto, will that special ball get passed down as if it was a female?

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
I've beat the E4 and I'm wondering, how do you unlock the Looker Bureau?

Aurath8

A question related to the a new breeding mechanic. If you catch a genderless pokemon in a special ball and breed it with a ditto, will that special ball get passed down as if it was a female?

No. I've just been breeding Rotom, and all the offspring are in pokeballs.

welcometorapture

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste

magentaman

this seems like a good place to ask: I am conducting Egg Move research and Just checking to see if anyone has beaten me to it already; I am leveling up a Roselia to 50 so it can learn petal blizzard to chain breed it onto a pumpkaboo (hopefully) and see if it can learn it, though I know I must wade through many many eggs to verify egg moves, i must also level this Roselia to 50.....so has anyone beaten me to finding out if this is a passable egg move (for such a powerful physical grass move the most unlikely to use the ATK stat pokemon learn it -_-)? Going to try to breed onto phatump first.

Just tried this with venusaur. Petal Blizzard can't be passed on to Phantump

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Where do I evolve Eevee into Glaceon?

The Ice Rock is found within the Frost Cavern.
Once you reach the floor with the river, cross it and head northwest. Follow the path until the next room. The rock should be there.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Got a question... do wild Luvdisc in X/Y still have that 50% chance of holding a Heart Scale?
Because for some time, I've been having no luck with my Thief-using Compoundeyes Vivillon. ;w;
That, and I don't think I've found a single Heart Scale in this game yet. I'm in dire need of these.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Got a question... do wild Luvdisc in X/Y still have that 50% chance of holding a Heart Scale?
Because for some time, I've been having no luck with my Thief-using Compoundeyes Vivillon. ;w;
That, and I don't think I've found a single Heart Scale in this game yet. I'm in dire need of these.
i don't know what the percentage is, but i can confirm that they do hold heart scales since i've caught one like that.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Smash rocks around Route 8. I got most of my Heart Scales using that method.