• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm not there yet. Is there a limit to how much I can battle there in a single day, or can I just keep doing it over and over for hours on end?

You can battle there as many times as you'd like, there's no limit other than your money. Which you make back from selling the Balm Mushrooms they give you.

Has anyone been having problems with the GTS? I can deposit Pokemon in it and get Pokemon in return, but when I seek someone and attempt to trade with them, I get a message that says something like, "A communication error has occurred. Please end the game by pressing the Power button." Or something like that. Has anyone else had this problem? I Googled it and other people say it's been happening to them, but there are no suggested fixes. Is it perhaps because the GTS server is so overloaded right now?

This happens to me about 75% of the time. It drives me nuts. Seems worse on some days than others.

Has anyone found a fix or workaround for this?

Aurath8

If you Megaevolve a pokemon, it faints, and then you revive it in the same battle, can you then perform mega-evolution again with that same pokemon?

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
can somebody tell me how to teach my Gyarados Outrage? Team flares boss's can use it and its a lower level than mine

also is there a way to get Crunch on Gyarados this gen as ive heard his can use that move as well

has anybody taken theirs to the MR while holding a Mega Stone? or have they tried raising it with max Amie stats?

I don't understand why they would put moves on it like that if they cant be legitimately got in game (or until the next instalment) are there any Hidden Move tutors anywhere?

Shadow_Latios

Boulder Trainer
hey, can you check nature in battle?
I'm currently at Yvetal and wanna soft reset for a good nature

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
hey, can you check nature in battle?
I'm currently at Yvetal and wanna soft reset for a good nature

you cant until its caught you can always use a pokemon with synchronize though that pretty much guarantees the same nature as the pokemon with that ability aslong as its first in your party

Shadow_Latios

Boulder Trainer
what do you mean it guarantees a pokemon with the same nature? =/

I said about yvetal cos you catch it then go straight into the battle, but summary doesn't tell me its nature, not that I can see

Aurath8

what do you mean it guarantees a pokemon with the same nature? =/

I said about yvetal cos you catch it then go straight into the battle, but summary doesn't tell me its nature, not that I can see

If the lead pokemon's nature is Synchronize then any wild pokemon encountered have a 50% chance of having the same nature as your pokemon. It's not guarantee, but it drastically speeds up finding specific natures.

Shadow_Latios

Boulder Trainer
ah right, didn't know that.

so there's no way to check YOUR pokemons natures during battle?

Aurath8

ah right, didn't know that.

so there's no way to check YOUR pokemons natures during battle?

Nope. It started in Gen5 and it was really annoying back then to get a Reshiram/Zekrom with a decent nature, since the game ends and you're forced to save before you can find out its nature.

welcometorapture

If you Megaevolve a pokemon, it faints, and then you revive it in the same battle, can you then perform mega-evolution again with that same pokemon?

Nope not possible

I am having major trouble finding Taillow hordes on Route 8. Am I missing something and/or do others have similar problems? Or are they just that rare...

magentaman

I am having major trouble finding Taillow hordes on Route 8. Am I missing something and/or do others have similar problems? Or are they just that rare...

I use hordes on that route to train speed EVs, the taillow hordes are there, but by far the least common

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

Are you using Sweet Scent? That should make it at least a little bit easier.

MattzOr

Breeder
Do you need to pass the league so other people can go to your friend safari? I've got tonnes of friends who haven't got the option for it.