• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Do you need to pass the league so other people can go to your friend safari? I've got tonnes of friends who haven't got the option for it.

No, you can always go to someone's Friend Safari, the only difference after beating the league is that your third Pokemon will show up.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Do you need to pass the league so other people can go to your friend safari? I've got tonnes of friends who haven't got the option for it.

Until you beat the Elite Four, your friends can only get 2 out of the 3 Pokemon from your Safari. But as long as they're your friend, they should be able to access your Safari, whether or not you've beaten the E4.

Edit: This is the second time this week that I've been Greninja'd by Hydrohs

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Dream World points turn into pokémiles right? How do you get those pokémiles in your gen 6 game?

Also, is there even still connectability with Global Link and gen 5 games?

Ryuun12

Hi does anybody know where to find the Razor Fang (to evolve Gligar) in the game? I know its in the Battle Maison but thats after the Elite 4 and cost 48 BP. That is a waste of time and too much work to finish my team. Which I prefer to do before I face the elite four.

Chaosthunder

I just want to clarify Fish Chains. Is it just Fishing in one spot with a Super rod while encountering the same Pokemon to build up your chain?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi does anybody know where to find the Razor Fang (to evolve Gligar) in the game? I know its in the Battle Maison but thats after the Elite 4 and cost 48 BP. That is a waste of time and too much work to finish my team. Which I prefer to do before I face the elite four.

That's your only option.

Where is the GTS in x and y? I'm looking to trade for a Ditto

It's part of the PSS.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Does playing a different version of the game on the same system give you a different friend safari or not?

When I tested it on my X version, I got Rock with Nosepass and Magcargo. I don't know my third one, because I haven't beaten the Elite Four yet.

sorrowless_joe

I just want to clarify Fish Chains. Is it just Fishing in one spot with a Super rod while encountering the same Pokemon to build up your chain?

Fishing ANY pokemon from the same spot, don't even need to battle it, you can run away instantly. Just as long as you get a nibble and reel it in the right time

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

It can be any Rod, and you don't have to encounter the same Pokemon. Here's what you do:

Choose a spot to fish. Surf to that spot. Do not move from it - don't even change directions. You cannot move at all.
Fish repeatedly. Run away from the battles until you get a shiny. It usually takes about a chain of 40. You do not have to get the same Pokemon, and you do not have to use a certain Rod.
It helps a lot if you put a Pokemon with Suction Cups (Octillery or Inkay) at the front of your team.

Does playing a different version of the game on the same system give you a different friend safari or not?

When I tested it on my X version, I got Rock with Nosepass and Magcargo. I don't know my third one, because I haven't beaten the Elite Four yet.

The Friend Code is tied to the 3DS SYSTEM, not the game cartridge. Once you friend someone, they are friends with your SYSTEM, not your game. It doesn't matter if you put a different game in the 3DS, it won't change your Friend Safari type or Pokemon because the Friend Code has nothing to do with the game itself. I'd be willing to bet that you could even friend people who don't own X or Y and you could still encounter their Friend Safari.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Dream World points turn into pokémiles right? How do you get those pokémiles in your gen 6 game?

Also, is there even still connectability with Global Link and gen 5 games?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Can I use Sweet Scent to get Horde battles ?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Can I use Sweet Scent to get Horde battles ?

Yes, any battle you get into will be a horde battle with Sweet Scent. Though for some reason, it doesn't always result in an encounter, at least in certain patches of grass. I've even had Sweet Scent suddenly stop working in an area it had worked before.

DKN117

Legend Tamer
I'm planning on going Heart-Scale hunting (pre-E4; I have two Badges). I have my Old Rod and my Frogadier has Thief. My question is thus: can I fish up a Luvdisc, have Fukasaku (my Frogadier) use Thief and steal the Heart Scale, and then KO or run from it? Or do I have to actually CATCH the damn thing to keep its Heart Scale if it's carrying one?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I'm planning on going Heart-Scale hunting (pre-E4; I have two Badges). I have my Old Rod and my Frogadier has Thief. My question is thus: can I fish up a Luvdisc, have Fukasaku (my Frogadier) use Thief and steal the Heart Scale, and then KO or run from it? Or do I have to actually CATCH the damn thing to keep its Heart Scale if it's carrying one?

Just steal it. Then you can run or put it KO. Just don't forget to take it from your Frogadier, as using Thief while the Pokémon holds an item won't steal the item, even if the opposing Luvdisc has one. :p

Viteh

No Day but Today
If I haven't picked up my Torchic at the pokemon center (but I do have the Wondercard), can I restart my game and still get it?

Last edited:

ChillJazy

Okay I have a problem. I have a lvl 36 Pancham but on this site it said that the Pancham would evolve into Pangoro at lvl 32. What lvl does Pancham evolve at besides supposedly lvl 32?

MegaGengar

Can anyone breed Chespin and trade it to me? >.< I dun have Chespin yet and need it it'd be greatly appreciated, just tell me what u want in return and I'll see what I can do ^_^ 3ds friend code is in sig just message me when u add me

sorrowless_joe

Okay I have a problem. I have a lvl 36 Pancham but on this site it said that the Pancham would evolve into Pangoro at lvl 32. What lvl does Pancham evolve at besides supposedly lvl 32?

You need a dark Pokemon in your party too, to teach him how to be badass.

Confused me too since I trained an Inkay with him, but apparently he never leveled the whole time...