• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Belloni

Uhhhhh so noobed it and released a pokemon with my everstone on it... any way to get another?

Faalken

Uhhhhh so noobed it and released a pokemon with my everstone on it... any way to get another?

Smash rocks. I got an everstone in glittering cave trying to farm old amber by smashing rocks in the last room.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
Alright, I'm on the second Looker Mission and cannot figure out which alley to go down, could someone help?

tipton87

Eevee Master
I may be mistaken, but is there someone in game who can teach pokemon moves before they learn it? Ive seen/read something about this but cant recall. Example is I want my Shellder to learn shell smash and some other moves before 56. (Shell smash is learned at 56)

ImRyder

I can't find out how to get to the friend safari...can someone help?

Rakurai

I may be mistaken, but is there someone in game who can teach pokemon moves before they learn it? Ive seen/read something about this but cant recall. Example is I want my Shellder to learn shell smash and some other moves before 56. (Shell smash is learned at 56)

The Move Relearner sometimes has a Pokemon's final moves available for immediate learning if they're in their final form.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I can't find out how to get to the friend safari...can someone help?

The Friend Safari is available post-game.
After beating the league, head to Lumiose Station. Sycamore will give you a ticket to Kiloude.

The Friend Safari is the top rightmost building in the city.

Is Baltoy at all available in this game? Or is he listed in Serebii's XY Pokedex just because?

Baltoy is not in the Kalos Dex nor the Friend Safari.
Baltoy is listed as unobtainable.

Rednoc Nivert

How are people doing screen captures? I want to help Serebii (and a couple other sites) get pictures and Pokedex data, but obviously a picture of the DS isn't going to cut it.

Last edited:

luigiis

Luck of Penguins
Repost: How does the Poke Radar works in X/Y?
4th gen's Poke Radar has grass that shines which allows shiny pokemon to be obtained.
X/Y seems to have no shiny grass.

DSDark

Breeder
Alright, I'm on the second Looker Mission and cannot figure out which alley to go down, could someone help?

the only one in the south boulvard, its down to the left of the route 4 entrance if you are looking at the route 4 entrance

rcraparo226

So I have a question regarding hidden abilities in X and Y.
How can I get a fossil pokemon with its hidden ability? Such as Amaura's Snow Warning, or Cranidos' Sheer Force.

DSDark

Breeder
How can I get a fossil pokemon with its hidden ability? Such as Amaura's Snow Warning, or Cranidos' Sheer Force.

could try breeding a amaura or cranidos with a ditto that has impostor

ForgottenEons

Shiny Hunter
Just was wondering about how the Prize Money O-Power works. How many times do you need to use the O-Power for it become Level 2, and Level 3? I'm assuming if your friend gives you an O-Power, it counts towards leveling up as well, correct? Also, does anyone know how much the Level 3 Prize Money multiples the money you receive by, and if it affects the move Pay Day? I'm trying to grind for money, and seeing if it's worth using or not.

saldu

A couple of things...
1) Is there another trick to finding a SuperSize Pumpkaboo besides just dumb luck? I've been running around route 16 for 2 hours now, and have ~10 of each of the other sizes, but no super size. Is there something else to it as well (such as Banette only appearing on thursdays?)
2) How are people doing screen captures? I want to help Serebii (and a couple other sites) get pictures and Pokedex data, but obviously a picture of the DS isn't going to cut it.

2.) With 3DS capturing devices. Bigger sites will have official ones from Nintendo, private people paid about 250 Euros for a custom job.

Anyone know?

The only thing you can do ingame with Pokemiles is buying items from the pokemiles vendor.
You can buy the exact same items from the pokemon global link website with your pokedollars, the purchased items will be delivered to you when you next visit a pokemon center after the next game sync.

Just was wondering about how the Prize Money O-Power works. How many times do you need to use the O-Power for it become Level 2, and Level 3? I'm assuming if your friend gives you an O-Power, it counts towards leveling up as well, correct? Also, does anyone know how much the Level 3 Prize Money multiples the money you receive by, and if it affects the move Pay Day? I'm trying to grind for money, and seeing if it's worth using or not.

O-Powers only level if you use them yourself.
I haven't counted, but I guess about 15 times from 1 -> 2 and about 25 times from 2 -> 3.
lvl 3 gives 200%.

could try breeding a amaura or cranidos with a ditto that has impostor

Aren't DW abilities only passed on with either
Species A (with DW ability) x Ditto = Species A with chance of having their DW ability
Species A (with DW ability) x Species A = Species A with chance of having their DW ability

Last edited:

ysmr97

Just wait until it's available, or I heard that this Gen, if the father has a Hidden Ability, there's a small chance of getting one. Get a Female fossil, and breed it with a male with its hidden ability!

Yumeka

Anime/Pokemon Fan
Does anyone know exactly how a pokemon's stats in Pokemon-Amie determine whether they get boosted EXP? I've noticed that my pokemon with two hearts in Pokemon-Amie get boosted EXP. I don't yet have a pokemon with three hearts or more, but does the amount of boosted EXP they get increase if they have more hearts?

Also, I know the Fullness and Play stats on Pokemon-Amie change, but is Affection permanent?

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
Has it been confirmed that Male pokemon can transfer hidden abilities? I have been breeding a lot and the hidden ability from my male poke is not transferring.

ysmr97

Does anyone know exactly how a pokemon's stats in Pokemon-Amie determine whether they get boosted EXP? I've noticed that my pokemon with two hearts in Pokemon-Amie get boosted EXP. I don't yet have a pokemon with three hearts or more, but does the amount of boosted EXP they get increase if they have more hearts?

Also, I know the Fullness and Play stats on Pokemon-Amie change, but is Affection permanent?

Affection is permanent, in my understanding. I haven't played with my Chesnaught in a week or so and it's still the same. And I THINK that the EXP is the same through all the hearts, but don't take my word for it. I think it just treats it like a traded Pokemon.

Has it been confirmed that Male pokemon can transfer hidden abilities? I have been breeding a lot and the hidden ability from my male poke is not transferring.

I heard its a very small chance. Keep trying.